Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 54915 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]
« Reply #435 on: November 09, 2011, 11:20:17 am »

Because hunting tends not to accomplish much when voting is unanimous.  Yes, you can still hunt while voting obvscum, but it always ends up being halfhearted.

If you're so interested in hunting, why didn't you object to the shorten?
That doesn't mean we should just up and stop all discussion by skipping right to the night phase. Just because it tends to not accomplish much doesn't mean it won't accomplish anything at all.

I'm pretty sure you meant to ask why I didn't do an official 'Oppose Shorten'. Because I objected to it by asking you what the hell you were doing. As for that question, you're right, I should be doing that.

Oppose Shorten.

Okay, now you're just fucking with me. I already have voted for you earlier; it's not as if I voted you out of blue without ever addressing you previously.
Yes, but you're still unable to prove that I'm scum trying to keep people from looking at my flavor because there's massive holes in it.
I stated my suspicions against him and wanted to see his reaction. Pressure isn't only used to ask direct questions, you know.
So, how does his reaction factor into your opinion? Does it make him scummier, or townie-r? Why?

How is your reread for more suspects going?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 09, 2011, 11:44:18 am »

Oppose Shorten.
Okay, so now you've opposed a shortening for the lynch of a pretty much confirmed scum for... what? So you could argue with me some more? I don't see much of that scumhunting you wanted so much.
Okay, now you're just fucking with me. I already have voted for you earlier; it's not as if I voted you out of blue without ever addressing you previously.
Yes, but you're still unable to prove that I'm scum trying to keep people from looking at my flavor because there's massive holes in it.
Hoo boy, what a slip. What a nice, epic slip. Hoo boy.
I stated my suspicions against him and wanted to see his reaction. Pressure isn't only used to ask direct questions, you know.
So, how does his reaction factor into your opinion? Does it make him scummier, or townie-r? Why?
Why, obviously his refusal to answer makes him townier in my eyes! How could you ever doubt that?! [/sarcasm]

Also, it looks like I missed this earlier piece of tasty bullshit:
In fact, if you flip Mafia and the game doesn't end, I'd be willing to bet money that Dariush is your scumbuddy, due to all the incredibly shitty distancing you two would have been doing in that situation.
Did you honestly claim I've been distancing myself from the person whose scumminess I've been sure of since D1? Also, what do you mean 'would have been doing'?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 09, 2011, 04:21:01 pm »

I'm all for the shorten. I'm probably gonna die tonight, so I'm not all that motivated right now.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 09, 2011, 07:17:40 pm »

Okay, so now you've opposed a shortening for the lynch of a pretty much confirmed scum for... what? So you could argue with me some more? I don't see much of that scumhunting you wanted so much.
I'm pretty sure that asking someone a lot of questions is a form of scumhunting. Unless I missed something in those few beginner's games I was in?

You're the one who's been doing very little all day.
What slip? I don't see it at all.

See, all you're doing is going,"Oh, look, a scumslip." Taking something out of context via bolding it doesn't make it a scumtell, Dariush.

Why, obviously his refusal to answer makes him townier in my eyes! How could you ever doubt that?! [/sarcasm]
So, you aren't doing anything about it. Why, because he might possibly be poisoned?

Also, it looks like I missed this earlier piece of tasty bullshit:
Sure, take a leaf out of my panic book by digging up dirt on the person pressuring you. That'll win you some points.
In fact, if you flip Mafia and the game doesn't end, I'd be willing to bet money that Dariush is your scumbuddy, due to all the incredibly shitty distancing you two would have been doing in that situation.
Did you honestly claim I've been distancing myself from the person whose scumminess I've been sure of since D1? Also, what do you mean 'would have been doing'?

Did you stay up all night, or are you just stupid? That is basically the definition of distancing: accusing your scumbuddy of being scum out in the open, and attacking them often, to get the town to believe that you couldn't possibly be the second scum when your buddy is finally lynched. Your awful voting reasons against NUKE on days one and two only reinforce my belief that this is the case.

Furthermore, if you were so sure of NUKE's scumminess, why would you ever switch your vote from him?

My Sig

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 10, 2011, 12:34:39 am »

...I don't get it.  Dariush, would you care to explain how this is a slip?

Orangebottle: So, you're saying that Dariush's actions go beyond the usual Dariush/NUKE tunneling/hatred/stupid attacks that seem to happen every game, and into outright seeming to be distancing?

Shorten.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 10, 2011, 07:19:52 am »

Sure, take a leaf out of my panic book by digging up dirt on the person pressuring you. That'll win you some points.
Wait, what the fuck? Do you mean that using the (unintentionally) same methods as you is scummy?
Did you stay up all night, or are you just stupid? That is basically the definition of distancing: accusing your scumbuddy of being scum out in the open, and attacking them often, to get the town to believe that you couldn't possibly be the second scum when your buddy is finally lynched. Your awful voting reasons against NUKE on days one and two only reinforce my belief that this is the case.
I'll just ignore the fact that this definition of distancing is pretty much the opposite of the one I know and ask you this: are you really that desperate for arguments? Do you even realize that this 'distancing' accusation can be leveled at pretty much everyone (including you)?
Furthermore, if you were so sure of NUKE's scumminess, why would you ever switch your vote from him?
Because at the time I thought he was poisoned and would die anyway. It would be obvious if you'd read the thread.

Jack and OB:
Quote from: Every single detective movie ever made
You'll never prove I killed that guy!
...Do I really have to explain why the phrase pretty much guaranteedly incriminates the speaker?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 10, 2011, 08:19:23 am »

Dariush: I think you're pouncing a bit too aggressively on a poorly worded phrase.  Doesn't seem like a slip to me.

Orangebottle: I'm with Jack.  This seems less like distancing, and more like business as usual for them.  It would actually be a solid strategy if they were teammates.

Shorten.  I think we've got all we can out of today.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 10, 2011, 12:45:16 pm »

Wait, what the fuck? Do you mean that using the (unintentionally) same methods as you is scummy?
I'm saying it looks like you're starting to panic.

I'll just ignore the fact that this definition of distancing is pretty much the opposite of the one I know and ask you this: are you really that desperate for arguments? Do you even realize that this 'distancing' accusation can be leveled at pretty much everyone (including you)?
You're also ignoring the fact that I'm not voting for you yet. Just asking questions, calling you scum, and pointing stuff out.
What's your definition of distancing?
Because at the time I thought he was poisoned and would die anyway. It would be obvious if you'd read the thread.
You switched to me on day two. You were initially voting Dairush on day one. You said you've been certain NUKE was scum since the first day, so why would you vote for anyone else?
Jack and OB:
Quote from: Every single detective movie ever made
You'll never prove I killed that guy!
...Do I really have to explain why the phrase pretty much guaranteedly incriminates the speaker?
It was a serious question. If you think I'm trying to cover up holes in my flavor, point out those holes.

Urist & Jack:It seems a lot more exaggerated than the usual meta.

I went ahead and compared the lurkertrackers of Dariush and NUKE's recent games to this game's. In Witches' Coven(the finished one), Roguelike 3, and Cult Mafia, he voted for NUKE once. He didn't vote for NUKE at all in Supernatural 4. Here, he's voted for NUKE five times. Doesn't this seem a little off to you?
My Sig

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 10, 2011, 01:04:41 pm »

Yeah, but let's see how the day ends.  If there's still scum tomorrow, I'll vote him then.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 10, 2011, 01:06:05 pm »

Regardless of what happens in the night?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 10, 2011, 01:20:28 pm »

Yeah, but let's see how the day ends.  If there's still scum tomorrow, I'll vote him then.
I'll be holding you to that.
My Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 10, 2011, 01:20:55 pm »

Same question to you, OB.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 10, 2011, 02:38:14 pm »

I can't really vote him if I'm dead, can I? :I

Other than that, my argument is mostly dependent on NUKE being scum.
My Sig

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 10, 2011, 07:25:59 pm »

It's unlikely a night action will sway me.  It would have to be something solid, not WIFOM speculation.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 11, 2011, 05:34:12 pm »

Since nobody's doing anything now, I guess there's no reason to oppose the shorten.
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32