Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 54952 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]
« Reply #375 on: November 04, 2011, 06:11:36 pm »

Orange:  Haven't you been paying attention?  Nuke claimed lyncher.  He's nontown, so why shouldn't I get rid of him when I have the chance?
Apparently you're the one who hasn't been paying attention.
-Claiming Lyncher and claiming someone I believe is very likely to be town as his lynchee
I don't know what you think about Native, though. He may look like scum in your eyes.

Max:  Can we get a specific time?  I'm against lynching Nuke, but I suppose I'd switch to break a tie.
This is also pretty bad, Toaster.
That line alone leads me to believe that you're not voting to lynch scum, but to lynch anybody. You are against lynching nuke, but you'd switch just to get a lynch. That is what you said with this post.
You also said you wanted to leave him alive. Was that just so you could poison him later?

Bingo.  I would have rather seen you hang instead of him.  Since it's been a while, I want a chance to revisit the thread and follow some other threads before I default back to voting you.

And the "voting to lynch anyone" is nonsense.  I have no problem with lynching someone who claimed anti-town,
Then why were you voting for-
but I since I had a way to get rid of him without wasting a lynch, why waste a lynch?
Oh.
But that's what happen-
Sadly, it was wasted anyway.  Without a firm end time, I didn't know when to get on to switch my vote.
Damn, it's like you know what I'm going to say and answer my questions before I can ask them.

So, your plan was essentially,"Lynch one, poison the other."?

Hey, Dariush. If you think I'm scum, why are you still voting for NUKE?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 04, 2011, 08:11:39 pm »

Native:
Toaster: Was your poison a one-shot?

Also, got some peculiar flavor to go along with my night PM again.

I'd rather not answer that until a massclaim comes up, but in the interest of openness, I'll go ahead.  No, it's not one shot.  No, I didn't poison anyone N1.

Orange:  Yes, I see why you're suspicious of him.  For the same reason, I'm taking him out.  Do you have a problem with that?

Damn, it's like you know what I'm going to say and answer my questions before I can ask them.

So, your plan was essentially,"Lynch one, poison the other."?

Shockingly, I thought this through ahead of time.

Basically, yes.  I wanted to see my top suspect lynched while I could get rid of someone claimed nontown easily, without wasting the lynch.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 05, 2011, 07:23:32 am »

Yeah, you're probably right.

OB.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 05, 2011, 07:40:00 am »

I've been sick the past couple days...will post later tonight.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 05, 2011, 04:37:46 pm »

Orangebottle for the same reasons as yesterday.

Toaster: How long will your poison take to kill NUKE?

Orangebottle: What exactly is wrong with wanting a claimed lyncher to die?  Do you have anything against Toaster other than his actions regarding NUKE?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 05, 2011, 09:12:01 pm »

See, this is why I wanted Vector to elaborate more on her case against Akigagak.  I'm wondering if her "on good authority" remarks meant something had happened as a night action to tip her off.

Oh well.  I'm not voting OB right now since his behavior seems to fit his town meta when he's panicked.  NUKE's claimed non-town and is being dealt with, so on to...

Toaster:  I've got a funny feeling about you; you've got a repeatable kill, and a grudge against another player.  Care to elaborate on your intentions?  You're clearly not a vanilla vig.  Also, any more details about Joel Berez?  You, Akigagak, and OB are all linked to him in flavor, and with Vector gone we should investigate whatever we can.

Orangbottle: You got into a fight with our doctor, and she (he? whatever, cross-gendered roles) had no idea why.  What gives? 

Native: Vector the Hex-Weaver meets Native the MAGESLAYER.  Yeah, I'm wondering if you offed her in the night as part of your anti-magic crusade.

Xanatos Jr./His Replacement: You're the newest in town, poorest flavor, and you're male.  NUKE is a lyncher and not the mage Native's after, apparently.  That leaves you as the most likely suspect.

Akigagak/His Replacement: Vector was pretty certain you were scum before being offed.  What gives?

Unfortunately, my best two guesses are absentees.  Everyone else's flavor seems to fit in with the Town and interlock with everyone else's, and NUKE has claimed lyncher and is being offed anyway.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 05, 2011, 09:55:08 pm »

Orangbottle: You got into a fight with our doctor, and she (he? whatever, cross-gendered roles) had no idea why.  What gives? 
Vector was helping me with something. The fight was directly related to that something, but telling you that something would basically be a roleclaim. And I don't really want to do that.

Where did it say Toaster has a grudge against someone? I can't remember.
Orangebottle: What exactly is wrong with wanting a claimed lyncher to die?  Do you have anything against Toaster other than his actions regarding NUKE?
I don't really have anything on Toaster. I was just asking some questions about things that he's said that looked suspicious to me. As far as wanting the lyncher to die, hm. Nothing, really.

Dariush: Are you going to actually participate today, or are you just gonna sit there while everyone else does all the work?
My Sig

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 06, 2011, 03:00:00 am »

Native: Vector the Hex-Weaver meets Native the MAGESLAYER.  Yeah, I'm wondering if you offed her in the night as part of your anti-magic crusade.

That would have required two things. 1) I would have had to known she was a hex-weaving and 2) my wincon would have to be "rid the town of magic-doers" rather than "save this town, from any dark forces that would seek to destroy it, and those that would harbour them."

I'm still not sure about Xanatos, especially since he pulled that little disappearing act after his odd night action. However, it's entirely possible that someone is simply lying about their flavor or was given an alibi.

What has me especially curious is the fact that I was transformed into the deathsinger last night and my guards apparently mistook me for him and locked me up, which leads me to believe that he stole my form for the night and used it to achieve his kill.

This also leads me to believe that he has shape-shifting abilities which puts McArathos back on the list of suspects. On one hand you say you're skeptical of me, even blaming me for Vector's death, but on the other hand you're agreeing with me and willing to lynch someone because they fit the role of someone you claim not to be entirely convinced of. Why?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 06, 2011, 07:04:40 am »

Because those are my two most likely scenarios: you're either lying (and are therefore the scum), or not (and therefore are out to catch a lone killer).

I'm not voting or FoSing you because I don't have enough proof either way to expand on those theories.  Everyone's story adds up except Xanatos' to me: he's given next to no flavor, then put up a sign reading, essentially, "don't lynch me bro!", and that's the last we heard from him.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 06, 2011, 04:29:09 pm »

What has me especially curious is the fact that I was transformed into the deathsinger last night and my guards apparently mistook me for him and locked me up, which leads me to believe that he stole my form for the night and used it to achieve his kill.
Wait. What?
This completely contradicts my night action results. My head hurts now, thank you.

Did you still complete your night action?
My Sig

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 06, 2011, 06:10:45 pm »

Wait. What?
This completely contradicts my night action results. My head hurts now, thank you.

Explain.  This is crucial information.
On the Nature of Dwarves

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 06, 2011, 06:22:13 pm »

Wait. What?

I did not perform a night action. Care to expand?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 06, 2011, 09:56:32 pm »

Wait. What?

I saw you going towards a pub, then someone crossed your path. The someone was leaving town, apparently. Also, you took down some notes on a small piece of paper. But I definitely saw you moving around last night.
My Sig

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 06, 2011, 09:57:07 pm »

EBWODP: And not killing, I might add.
My Sig

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 06, 2011, 10:32:57 pm »

Wait. What?

I saw you going towards a pub, then someone crossed your path. The someone was leaving town, apparently. Also, you took down some notes on a small piece of paper. But I definitely saw you moving around last night.

That's... strange. I was transformed on my way to the pub. My flavor didn't mention me taking any notes. It's possible that this is the one who took my form, moving around after my guards captured me. Or for some reason you saw my true form or something.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32