Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 54962 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 2 - [ONE REPLACE NEEDED]
« Reply #345 on: October 25, 2011, 12:14:41 pm »

I'm not saying that your flavour is obviously full of holes; I am saying that on closer inspection (eg flavorcops) it might prove to be full of holes.
Hint: it won't be.
...but we only have your word for it. How do you not understand this?

Neither did I. But I'm not going to take that and assume that there are no huge holes in anyone's flavour. Because that would be scummy.
I forgot. How is this scummy again?
Because you are discouraging people from looking for said holes by denying the very possibility of their existence.

Sorry for not answering you, but it just wasn't a very interesting set of questions. The answers should be obvious to anyone.
That is literally the worst excuse I have ever heard. You just admitted to deliberately ignoring my questions because they 'weren't interesting'.
Yes.

No, they weren't applicable, because I had no one to apply them to.
Why not?
...because they weren't applicable to anyone. There was no one who had done something I could pester them about.

Wait. How can you assume that you're poisoning with iocane if it isn't spelled out in your role PM?
The fact that is Iocane is spelt out. Can you not read?
It just says that I ... poison someone's wine with Iocane powder

I am clearly a wine merchant, offering free samples.
I just laughed out at this sentence. You aren't even trying.
...look, buddy, if you really think this is that implausible, take it up with Max. There isn't anything else I can say.
Long Live United Forenia!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 25, 2011, 03:03:35 pm »

I'd really like to hear more from Orange, see if Dariush suspects anyone else, and hear from Native and Urist as to why they hasn't voted- especially Native.

I'm working things out. This game is odd. I'm mostly trying to figure out if it's worth anything to lynch NUKE.

Extend

Mod: Please prod XanatosJr. He hasn't posted since he freaked out and voted himself. Did he quit?

Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 25, 2011, 03:07:04 pm »

Yes. Xanatos is the [ONE REPLACE NEEDED] in the title.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 25, 2011, 03:09:06 pm »

Yes. Xanatos is the [ONE REPLACE NEEDED] in the title.

Okay, thank you. I wasn't sure if that was Xanatos or Akigagak.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 25, 2011, 05:45:45 pm »

...but we only have your word for it. How do you not understand this?
Except there's no guarantee of a flavor cop either. You could examine what flavor I've given and look for contradictions. If the flavor I posted is fake, there must be a contradiction somewhere, yes?

Because you are discouraging people from looking for said holes by denying the very possibility of their existence.
And why would I do that unless my flavor is fake and full of holes?
That's the logic here, right?

Sorry for not answering you, but it just wasn't a very interesting set of questions. The answers should be obvious to anyone.
That is literally the worst excuse I have ever heard. You just admitted to deliberately ignoring my questions because they 'weren't interesting'.
Yes.
Go hang.
Intentionally ignoring someone's questions is scummy enough in the first place, especially with a reason like this.

...because they weren't applicable to anyone. There was no one who had done something I could pester them about.
Interesting.
Why do you assume that people need to do something suspicious before you can start scumhunting them?

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 25, 2011, 06:04:45 pm »

If the flavor I posted is fake, there must be a contradiction somewhere, yes?
D:<
WHAT.
NO, SERIOUSLY, WHAT.

This is just... blatant, complete, absolute, 100%, total bullshit.

Why must there be contradictions? Are you so fucking incompetent that you can't make something up which doesn't directly contradict itself?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 25, 2011, 06:42:09 pm »

If the flavor I posted is fake, there must be a contradiction somewhere, yes?
D:<
WHAT.
NO, SERIOUSLY, WHAT.

This is just... blatant, complete, absolute, 100%, total bullshit.

Why must there be contradictions? Are you so fucking incompetent that you can't make something up which doesn't directly contradict itself?
No. If there is a contradiction, it means I'm probably lying. I never said you had to restrict yourself to looking at only my flavor for contradictions. In fact, that would be terrible. You should compare it to others' flavor too.

Nice overreaction by the way.
You also ignored 75% of my post.
My Sig

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 25, 2011, 07:13:10 pm »

That's not what you said. What you said was if you are lying, there would be contradictions.
The implication being that if there are no contradictions, you are telling the truth.

I ignored the other 75% because it doesn't merit a response. If you insist:

I've answered this.

Go hang.
Intentionally ignoring someone's questions is scummy enough in the first place, especially with a reason like this.
This is a flat statement, my response is irrelevant.

Interesting.
Why do you assume that people need to do something suspicious before you can start scumhunting them?
I've answered this.

Happy?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 26, 2011, 12:19:52 am »

I'd really like to hear more from Orange, see if Dariush suspects anyone else, and hear from Native and Urist as to why they hasn't voted- especially Native.

I'm undecided if my vote should go back on to Orangebottle, or Native instead.  I'm not voting NUKE because I believe his claim; claiming lyncher takes balls, as it's a HUGE risk of being killed by the town.  His flavor doesn't seem to indicate that he's a jester, and I'm not ruling out the possibility that Native needs to die either (so we might be able to lynch his target and not hurt our chances of winning).  Long story short, NUKE needs the town more than the town needs NUKE, so he's going to be pro-town out of necessity now (if he isn't, his claim means we can lynch him without fear of losing a townie).  I like having someone that's confirmed around if they're not hurting the town.  I admit I'm going more by flavor than scummy behavior at this point, but I'm alright with that given this is a flavor-based mafia.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 26, 2011, 12:28:31 am »

That's not what you said. What you said was if you are lying, there would be contradictions.
The implication being that if there are no contradictions, you are telling the truth.
Yes, and you assumed that I meant my flavor would contradict itself. That isn't quite what I had in mind, hence:
I never said you had to restrict yourself to looking at only my flavor for contradictions. In fact, that would be terrible. You should compare it to others' flavor too.

I've answered this.
I'm trying to clarify. Answer it again, or quote your previous answer to it.

Interesting.
I've answered this.
Have you? I don't remember it at all.
My Sig

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 26, 2011, 01:18:32 am »

McArathos: Quick question, what about my flavor makes it seem like you need to lynch me? Or is it something I've done in-game?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 26, 2011, 10:00:36 pm »

McArathos: Quick question, what about my flavor makes it seem like you need to lynch me? Or is it something I've done in-game?

It's just hard to trust the guy who's come here from out of town, hunting a "wizard" nobody seems to know anything about, and has a record of leaving villages burned to the ground in his wake.  Add to that the fact that Simple apparently teleported out of town after our first lynch, and it makes me wonder what's really going on.

None of this is enough to make me actually push for your lynch, though.  It's just enough to make me leave you in the "maybe" column.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 26, 2011, 10:22:38 pm »

It's just hard to trust the guy who's come here from out of town, hunting a "wizard" nobody seems to know anything about, and has a record of leaving villages burned to the ground in his wake.  Add to that the fact that Simple apparently teleported out of town after our first lynch, and it makes me wonder what's really going on.

None of this is enough to make me actually push for your lynch, though.  It's just enough to make me leave you in the "maybe" column.

Fair enough, just curious.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 27, 2011, 12:51:05 am »

Max White: When is the day supposed to end?  It's somewhat hard to get the right time pressure for people to break ties to make sure someone scummy gets lynched when nobody knows when the day will end.  Please, pick a solid time.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32