Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 54987 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 2 - [ONE REPLACE NEEDED]
« Reply #315 on: October 22, 2011, 02:00:24 am »

Yup.

Nuke it is.  I'm pretty sure OB is town, so folks, don't let the door hit your asses on the way out.  Or at least please reconsider your votes.

Akigagak, I'll get back to you as soon as you post.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 22, 2011, 04:09:33 pm »

Exremely busy weekend ahead of me. I won't be posting until probably Monday afternoon.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 23, 2011, 03:00:12 pm »

If nuke hasn't responded to my post by monday, I'm voting him.
Three days is more than enough time to answer that question.
I'd like an Extend, unless there's a mod extend going on.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 23, 2011, 03:25:44 pm »

I'm also interested as to why he isn't posting here, but does post in his other game.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 23, 2011, 09:49:31 pm »

Alright, since he's not answering.  NUKE

Orangebottle is fairly scummy to me, but you've claimed Lyncher, and while you hint that your target is non-town, you provide nothing to back this.

I'm totally willing to help you win if your target will help the town win, so there's no need to hide details.  We can lynch your target and you can escape tonight, without fear of a night kill.  So, full claim time.

I want ALL the details of your role PM, the person you (suspect if not confirmed) must lynch to win, and why you believe this to be the case.  Refusal to do this will mean you're either out to lynch town, or a jester.  Depending on which way I decide you swing will determine if I vote you or not.  Either way, refusal to cooperate means I (and I assume others) will do my best to ensure you lose.  Since, if your target is scum, you'll lynch him today and win, you have no good reason to hold back flavor.

If nuke hasn't responded to my post by monday, I'm voting him.
Three days is more than enough time to answer that question.
I'd like an Extend, unless there's a mod extend going on.

We're currently in a mod extend through to monday as it is.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 23, 2011, 10:50:42 pm »

I want ALL the details of your role PM
I am nto playing this game, but wouldn;t this be PM quoting?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 23, 2011, 11:08:10 pm »

I want ALL the details of your role PM
I am nto playing this game, but wouldn;t this be PM quoting?

Only if he directly quotes it; he's allowed to paraphrase the whole thing.
On the Nature of Dwarves

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 24, 2011, 04:48:36 am »

Alright, since he's not answering.  NUKE

Orangebottle is fairly scummy to me, but you've claimed Lyncher, and while you hint that your target is non-town, you provide nothing to back this.

I'm totally willing to help you win if your target will help the town win, so there's no need to hide details.  We can lynch your target and you can escape tonight, without fear of a night kill.  So, full claim time.

I want ALL the details of your role PM, the person you (suspect if not confirmed) must lynch to win, and why you believe this to be the case.  Refusal to do this will mean you're either out to lynch town, or a jester.  Depending on which way I decide you swing will determine if I vote you or not.  Either way, refusal to cooperate means I (and I assume others) will do my best to ensure you lose.  Since, if your target is scum, you'll lynch him today and win, you have no good reason to hold back flavor.
Welp.

Right, fine. My lynch target? Native. Killed my horse for being a magical abomination.

I am Jeffery Oakseed, Wine Merchant.
I have always been a wine merchant. My father was a wine merchant, and his father before him. I fucked up the family business a little by being incompetent, but my luck was on the mend when I acquired a special horse. A magic horse.

Unfortunately, said horse was slain for carrying the taint of magic, by the renowned mage-slayer, Noah Taine.

Since then, I have been following him. He is an easy man to follow because he leaves a wake of destruction in his path- entire towns destroyed, populations massacred. He blames it on the wizard he is following. I am sceptical.

I was walking into town when Amanda pulled up with her caravan and offered me a lift.
I stuck with my usual story, that my horse died of illness, because... I dunno, that's how my guy rolls, I guess.
Amanda dropped me off at the inn. I then went to the bar to sell my wine, and was directed to the cellarmaster. I sold him my wine, and returned to my room.

My goal is to see Noah Taine face justice (presume lynching/death). Once per game, I can poison someone's wine, killing them. I have not attempted to use this power. I assume that based on Native's claim, it will not work on him.

My plan was to get everybody flavorclaiming, find Noah, and deal with him. I was not expecting him to straight-up claim his identity. This has rather thrown a spanner in the works, as I doubt I would be able to convince people to lynch someone who the mod appears to be calling town.

Anyway.

How about this, right. Don't kill me. It will get you no closer to victory. I won't sabotage your efforts- maybe Noah will reveal his true nature at some point down the line, and I will win anyway? There's always hope.

Long Live United Forenia!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 24, 2011, 07:43:58 am »

Unvote

I'm convinced you're not a jester, and we've still debated if Native's a townie or scum based on his flavor (so you could be a helpful lyncher).  So, Native, any response to this?
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 24, 2011, 12:21:47 pm »

Nuke:  Can you verify that Amanda Black (Urist) is female?

Native:  In addition to your response to Nuke's claim, do you know if the death singer can shapeshift in any way, enough to disguise his gender?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 24, 2011, 01:42:58 pm »

Nuke:  Can you verify that Amanda Black (Urist) is female?
Well, she certainly seemed female. Who knows what was going on under her (?) clothes.

But seriously, I have no indication that she is anything other than a woman.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 24, 2011, 01:52:09 pm »

Unvote. I called it (me being your target), but not for the reason I thought.

I can't confirm any part of your claim, but I don't see any reason to not believe it. Plus, with you're ability you can be useful. Even if it's your goal to kill me. So, uh, sorry about your horse? Maybe (flavor-wise) we can discuss your horse after we find the death singer. Seems more adult than trying to kill me. >_>

Toaster: It mentions nothing in my flavor about his abilities other than that he can cast destructive dark wards. Like I said, the most recent reports show he is calling himself Anthony Gallows, but I'm not sure how accurate this is or if he can disguise himself as a woman.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 24, 2011, 02:11:55 pm »

Once per game, I can poison someone's wine, killing them.
Aaaaaaand that's obviously a power of a wine merchant. Nuke, that fakeclaim is pathetic.

Busy as... how can I put it... oh yes, as fuck. Just letting you know that I'm still alive and keeping an eye on the thread. Kinda.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 24, 2011, 02:26:16 pm »

NUKE: Does your flavor mention how your horse was magical?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 24, 2011, 03:40:56 pm »

NUKE: Does your flavor mention how your horse was magical?
It ran faster than other horses, and didn't need rest. Standard magic horse stuff. Also I got it from a strange old man (ie a wizard of some sort)

Once per game, I can poison someone's wine, killing them.
Aaaaaaand that's obviously a power of a wine merchant. Nuke, that fakeclaim is pathetic.
Yes. Obviously.
Wait, is that sarcasm? The fuck, dude? It is obviously a clever reference to Wine In Front Of Me (I even use the same poison- Iocane powder (among the more deadly poisons known to man))
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32