Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 55022 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 2 - [ONE REPLACE NEEDED]
« Reply #300 on: October 21, 2011, 04:27:57 pm »

EBWODP: Not a normal wine merchant that's mentioned, anyway.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 21, 2011, 06:02:32 pm »

I don't know at this point...I hadn't thoroughly re-read to see who you mentioned, if anyone, as your normal wine guy.

If there are no other players that are business competitors, he'd have to be a lyncher with a different sort of rival, something less easily discerned from the flavor he's given so far.

Flavor-wise, I can't see how he'd be a jester, just from what we know.  Particularly because he mentioned his horse's death being important; how would a horse being killed drive a man to want to be murdered by a lynch mob in a strange city, AFTER going to the hassle of carrying his merchandise on foot there?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 21, 2011, 06:06:52 pm »

Oh, wait... could it be symbolic?  The wine-seller, not to be confused with the wine-cellar, purveyor of wine before both me and you?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 21, 2011, 07:05:39 pm »

Oh, wait... could it be symbolic?  The wine-seller, not to be confused with the wine-cellar, purveyor of wine before both me and you?

You mean like a meta thing, that NUKE is here to bring WIFOM to the town?
On the Nature of Dwarves

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 21, 2011, 07:08:30 pm »

Exactly.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 21, 2011, 08:34:43 pm »

Mod:  Please prod the following:

Akigagak
Max White

Nuke:  Waiting on you.

Urist/Vector:  Interesting theory, but if he just wants to WIFOM the town, how does he win?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 21, 2011, 08:40:06 pm »

Akigagak has been prodded.
My internet service providers have been prodded, and the phone call took over an hour.
Should have working better internet now, it looks good so far. Hopefully things should be back to my normal active state. Just give me a second to read though the thread to get up to date.

Dariush[0]:
NUKE9.13[1]: NativeForeigner
Toaster[0]:
Orangebottle[4]: Toaster, Dariush, Jack A T, NUKE9.13
Urist_McArathos[0]:
Vector[0]:
Jack A T[0]:
NativeForeigner[0]:
Akigagak[1]: Vector
Xanatos Jr[2]: Xanatos Jr, Urist_McArathos

Not voting: Akigagak, Orangebottle

How do you guys feel about the day ending today? If not, then Monday for sure. It has been a long day, but seems to have been productive, so I'm not unhappy, but you might want night to fall by now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 21, 2011, 09:14:46 pm »

I feel you should state a deadline and follow it.

Quote from: Rules
Days will go for 72 hours. Weekends will not count towards these hours. Although this is flexiable.

You're the mod.  If it's close to ending, extend please.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 21, 2011, 09:16:05 pm »

I should also read your entire post about no internets first.  My bad- snark withdrawn.  (But following the rules is still the best bet when it comes to edge cases.  If you need to mod-extend, that's your prerogative.)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 21, 2011, 09:23:01 pm »

Nuke:  Waiting on you.
Sorry about that.
Nuke:  I'm curious to hear a response from you on Native's vote.  In fact, since you've claimed non-town, why shouldn't you be lynched?
I can't really respond to Native's vote with much other than 'I am not the guy you are looking for'. I shouldn't be lynched because... well, you don't need to lynch me to win. But yeah, a lyncher isn't exactly pro-town. Although I have a slight suspicion that my target may not be town themselves. Ah, whatever.

Urist: You are correct, I want revenge for my horse. I really liked that horse.
Long Live United Forenia!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 21, 2011, 10:08:15 pm »

If you don't think your target is town, why not give more detail?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 21, 2011, 10:31:02 pm »

Urist/Vector:  Interesting theory, but if he just wants to WIFOM the town, how does he win?

I personally don't think that's the case, honestly.  My money is he's a lyncher, but I'm not sure who he'd want to lynch.  It's doubtful he'll tell us, since we have no reason to lynch his target for him unless they're ALSO scum (something I doubt he can prove through his flavor, or else he would and it would be win-win).

Either that, or he's a jester trying to get us to lynch him as a confirmed non-townie (though again, his flavor would at least imply this, and why would he want to kill himself via lynch mob over a dead horse?).

Anything to add besides this?
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 21, 2011, 10:39:15 pm »

I personally don't think that's the case, honestly.  My money is he's a lyncher, but I'm not sure who he'd want to lynch.  It's doubtful he'll tell us, since we have no reason to lynch his target for him unless they're ALSO scum (something I doubt he can prove through his flavor, or else he would and it would be win-win).

Either that, or he's a jester trying to get us to lynch him as a confirmed non-townie (though again, his flavor would at least imply this, and why would he want to kill himself via lynch mob over a dead horse?).

A quick note: remember, NUKE's confirmed non-town.  I don't think it's safe to assume that he isn't hiding some important flavour.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 21, 2011, 10:44:50 pm »

A quick note: remember, NUKE's confirmed non-town.  I don't think it's safe to assume that he isn't hiding some important flavour.

Anything to add
besides this?

I am assuming that very thing.  I'm positive he's hiding important stuff in his flavor, and how reluctant he is to share will determine if I vote him instead of Orangbottle.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 22, 2011, 12:36:58 am »

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32