Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 55025 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 2 - [ONE REPLACE NEEDED]
« Reply #285 on: October 20, 2011, 08:21:42 am »

NUKE:This. Dariush was right about it; it was an OMGUS and you overreacted. You have a right to be mad, but you shouldn't be "Fuck you and anyone related to you, die in a fire." mad. It also sounds like one of my more recent posts. "Dariush is plotting! He has a plot to look town!"
Not sure if you've noticed, but Dariush? Kind of a dick.
It was not an OMGUS. I had my reasons, which are clearly stated.
Overreacted? He overreacted first.
3. You voted Zrk immediatly after his Jester claim and abandoned whatever (shreds of) scumhunting you were doing previously. That implies you're simply looking for a way to get through the day with an easy target and aren't really worried about finding scum.
3. You assume that I stop scumhunting the instant I find a lynch target. This assumption is wrong.
Except that's exactly what you did; After you voted Zrk2, you made two posts. One was advice to Zrk2 about how to best get himself lynched, the other was this defense. I don't see any scumhunting in them.
You assume that I feel the need to post my every thought, and inform every person whom I am watching that I am watching them. This assumption is wrong.

To clarify: the active, posting part of scumhunting involves two things: pressuring people to get better reads, and exposing what leads you have found so that others can think about them. Neither of these things were applicable.

Nuke AND Dariush: That's only a scumslip if I actually have huge holes in my flavor.
But of course.
Do you have huge holes in your flavour? Who can tell. Certainly you wouldn't admit to it. I will confess right now to not being a flavour cop, so I have no way of finding out, either.
In other words, you are now defending yourself with... not even WIFOM, worse than that. This isn't a defence, this is just you saying 'maybe this isn't the case'.

And it doesn't explain how you can be certain that the scum do not have any huge holes in their flavour, which is the actual main point of the argument.
Long Live United Forenia!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 20, 2011, 11:55:30 am »

Orange:  Okay.  That's a well-reasoned out reply [the one directed at everyone.]  If you could have done that first thing, you probably wouldn't have gotten a bunch of votes.

Speaking of votes, why aren't you doing so?  You're building cases on people.

(You're keeping mine until a scummier target comes along.)

Nuke:  I'm curious to hear a response from you on Native's vote.  In fact, since you've claimed non-town, why shouldn't you be lynched?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 20, 2011, 12:21:49 pm »

Not sure if you've noticed, but Dariush? Kind of a dick.
It was not an OMGUS. I had my reasons, which are clearly stated.
Overreacted? He overreacted first.
Just because someone else did it first doesn't make it any less scummy.

3. You voted Zrk immediatly after his Jester claim and abandoned whatever (shreds of) scumhunting you were doing previously. That implies you're simply looking for a way to get through the day with an easy target and aren't really worried about finding scum.
3. You assume that I stop scumhunting the instant I find a lynch target. This assumption is wrong.
Except that's exactly what you did; After you voted Zrk2, you made two posts. One was advice to Zrk2 about how to best get himself lynched, the other was this defense. I don't see any scumhunting in them.
You assume that I feel the need to post my every thought, and inform every person whom I am watching that I am watching them. This assumption is wrong.

To clarify: the active, posting part of scumhunting involves two things: pressuring people to get better reads, and exposing what leads you have found so that others can think about them. Neither of these things were applicable.
You were doing neither of those things.  Why weren't they applicable, because everyone was focusing on flavor hunting? That doesn't change anything. You can still scumhunt while others are flavor hunting.

Nuke AND Dariush: That's only a scumslip if I actually have huge holes in my flavor.
But of course.
Do you have huge holes in your flavour? Who can tell. Certainly you wouldn't admit to it. I will confess right now to not being a flavour cop, so I have no way of finding out, either.
I've posted a lot of my flavor; the only things i have left out are things that would make my role obvious.

In other words, you are now defending yourself with... not even WIFOM, worse than that. This isn't a defence, this is just you saying 'maybe this isn't the case'.
...That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying 'prove that this is the case'. That I'm scum trying to keep people from looking at my flavor because it is full of massive holes. If you can prove the second part of that sentence, it recursively proves that I'm scum.

And it doesn't explain how you can be certain that the scum do not have any huge holes in their flavour, which is the actual main point of the argument.
I didn't see any huge holes in anyone's flavor.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2011, 08:45:30 pm »

AKIGAGAK YOU SCUMBAG
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2011, 09:03:26 pm »

Checked Akigagak's profile.  Turns out he hasn't been online since October 16th.

So, yeah.  I doubt he's going to respond to much anytime soon.

The fuck? You scumslip when you scumslip. Flavor has nothing to do with it.
When the scumslip is based around statements about flavour, like here...flavour has something to do with it, does it not?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2011, 09:45:47 pm »

Where the hell is Max?
My Sig

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2011, 09:47:03 pm »

Sorry, Toaster, forgot your question.

Because I don't feel I have enough to justify a vote yet.
My Sig

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2011, 10:11:20 pm »

Nuke:  I'm curious to hear a response from you on Native's vote.  In fact, since you've claimed non-town, why shouldn't you be lynched?

Remind me again, why non-town is a potentially lynch worthy claim?  (I refer to flavor rather than teams, of course)
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2011, 10:16:56 pm »

Remind me again, why non-town is a potentially lynch worthy claim?  (I refer to flavor rather than teams, of course)

Well flavor-wise an out-of-towner is the most likely to be the death singer I've been hunting. However, NUKE claimed non-town in respect to teams. A lyncher is not considered a townie.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2011, 10:18:42 pm »

Orange:
Because I don't feel I have enough to justify a vote yet.

Okay.  Are you close?

Urist:  ...Why is nontown lynchworthy?  Because he (almost certainly) isn't furthering a town win.  Even if he's one of the less anti-town third parties, he still can't be expected to be useful lategame.

...I misread your question.  I don't care if he's nontown flavorwise, but he did claim to be either a jester or a lyncher.

Also, he very well could just be lying scum.  I don't have a firm opinion on that yet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 20, 2011, 10:38:05 pm »

Okay.  Are you close?
I feel like I'm getting there. I need them to answer my questions. I just hope they don't lurk until the end of the day, because that would suck.
My Sig

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 20, 2011, 10:41:10 pm »

Native/Toaster

Thanks, I'd missed the Jester/Lyncher part while mulling over the effects of Zrk2's lynch and questioning Orangbottle.  If he's a lyncher or lying scum, a lynch would be fine.  My money is on lyncher.

He mentioned that his horse was killed (specifically clarified it when I wrote my role details from memory and missed that point), and that he wouldn't go into more because it was important to his role PM.  Why is the manner of his horse's death so important?

So, we have a wine merchant forced to hoof it into town because someone killed his horse, carting wine in a heavy backpack and knowing part of his profits will go right back into replacing his horse (for those of you without 7 year old daughters asking for a pony, livestock ain't cheap).  Also, Jack (it was Jack, right?) mentioned that NUKE is not his normal wine merchant.  Methinks a bit of competition between Ye Olde Wine Guy and NUKE led to a murdered horse, and now we have a pissed off, slighted wine merchant thinking he can one-up his nemesis by getting him killed here, then slipping away with his profits in the night (ala Witches' Coven I).

That's my theory based on the flavor, anyway.

Vector
AKIGAGAK YOU SCUMBAG

Okay, I really want to let you do your thing, but the longer this goes on, the more I wonder what's up here, and why. 

MOD, I'd like a votecount please.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 20, 2011, 10:50:21 pm »

I need to reread the game, but for a while I was wondering if Akigagak was following the game while not being signed in, in order to allay suspicion (I have done this before a number of times).  Thus, an attempt to goad him into posting.

As-is, I'm going to ask for mod action AGAIN and probably do a reread over the weekend.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 21, 2011, 12:25:26 am »

I probably won't be able to post much tomorrow.
Basically what's happening is:
-I have to travel. I go to the airport right after school gets out.
-I have to finish packing my things in the morning.
-I may be able to post during my Microsoft Office Certification class, but I doubt it'll be anything serious.
My Sig

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 21, 2011, 04:19:29 pm »

Urist:

Also, Jack (it was Jack, right?) mentioned that NUKE is not his normal wine merchant.

I don't really have a normal wine merchant.

Also, for you to think that your theory is true, you must believe that someone else is lying about their flavour, if I'm understanding you correctly.  NUKE's the only player who has claimed to be a traveling wine merchant.  Who do you think his rival is?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32