Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 55100 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2011, 01:29:42 pm »

What is the simplest outcome of a strange man locking a bunch of people in a village and killing one of them per day? I pose that it is 'everybody dies'.
Don't you think that it wouldn't be much of a game if it was controlled by a single immortal player?

And no, we aren't lynching Native because of your cretinous theory.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2011, 01:30:30 pm »

I don't think zrk2 was really a jester. Otherwise, he would've had a filled win condition announcement, like Simple did.

Theories for the lack of NK:

-Native was targetted

-There is no scumteam. More sensible than it sounds, given that Zrk2 and Simple were both third parties, Urist seems to be after 'Simon', and everyone else seems to have a grudge against someone else. My prediction: everyone is a lyncher/jester.
What the crap? That's quite a leap. Why would everyone  be a lyncher or jester? It makes no sense. This is not a bastard game, it's a flavor-heavy game. Also, I don't have any grudges, and I'm not a jester. And Zrk2 wasn't a jester. You are both inaccurate and nonsensical.

I can probably explain the lack of a NK. Chances are, I was targeted. I'm immune to NKs because of my guards. Also, some interesting flavor in my nighttime PM. Some of my guards were telling stories about how the Darkling used to hide around these parts but disappeared years ago. Apparently he hid a bunch of loot somewhere. I have no idea if this is in any way related to the game, but in a flavor-heavy game I feel that it's worth mentioning.
I thought your guards were surrounding the town to keep a death ward from being cast. Seems like it would be important.

Native, mind telling us what the deal was with Zrk2's amulet?
This.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2011, 04:35:28 pm »

Righteous.

No idea. Nothing in my flavor mentioned it. Did anybody else get mention of it in their night flavor?

Orangebottle: At night I head back to camp near one of the guard outposts.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2011, 04:39:41 pm »

Nope, nothing.

I'm also wondering why Xanatos put up a sign asking not to be harrassed.  A postman seems extremely incongruous in our little town...

So, yeah.  How about that.

Xanatos, you barely talked D1.  Who do you expect, what have you learned from everything that's happening, and why haven't you said anything of use?  Can you explain why there's postmen in an apparently medieval society?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2011, 04:51:15 pm »

That's what I forgot!

Xanatos: What's up with the sign?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2011, 04:53:30 pm »

Righteous.

No idea. Nothing in my flavor mentioned it. Did anybody else get mention of it in their night flavor?

Orangebottle: At night I head back to camp near one of the guard outposts.
Oh. My bad. I misread that, I thought you took the amulet- but upon rereading its obvious that Simple took it.
So, Zrk2 was full of shit re:death serving a purpose, then. Oh well.
Long Live United Forenia!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 15, 2011, 04:57:35 pm »

Oh. My bad. I misread that, I thought you took the amulet- but upon rereading its obvious that Simple took it.
So, Zrk2 was full of shit re:death serving a purpose, then. Oh well.

Oh, THAT explains how he managed to teleport out of here. So I guess his wincon was getting Zrk2 killed.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 15, 2011, 07:49:26 pm »

Nope, nothing.

I'm also wondering why Xanatos put up a sign asking not to be harrassed.  A postman seems extremely incongruous in our little town...

So, yeah.  How about that.

Xanatos, you barely talked D1.  Who do you expect, what have you learned from everything that's happening, and why haven't you said anything of use?  Can you explain why there's postmen in an apparently medieval society?

1-NUKE is acting suspicious, and I also have a bad feeling about Urist.

2-What I've learned, is NUKE is good at making incorrect theories, and Dariush seems against NUKE. Ironic, considering their roles.

3-I haven't said anything of use because I haven't had any flavor hints or anything to divulge like some of the other.

4-I assume you're joking. If not, how can I answer that? That's a question for Max.

-There is no scumteam. More sensible than it sounds, given that Zrk2 and Simple were both third parties, Urist seems to be after 'Simon', and everyone else seems to have a grudge against someone else. My prediction: everyone is a lyncher/jester.

Incorrect, as the only person mentioned in my flavor is our AWOL librarian, who I would talk to when I delivered books.

Xanatos: What's up with the sign?

People seemed to think I was scum, and were planning to vote me. In an attempt to keep myself from being killed and a lynch being wasted, I used one of my two role powers to post that message.

Which somehow makes me more suspicious to Vector, because no medieval postmen durr
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 15, 2011, 08:00:07 pm »

So, did it have to be a sign asking for clemency?  Or could it have been any message?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 15, 2011, 08:29:43 pm »

So, did it have to be a sign asking for clemency?  Or could it have been any message?

Any message.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #190 on: October 15, 2011, 08:49:45 pm »

Kay. I see everyone's ignored my two cents on Zrk2's claim, and you'll just barrel on and give the possible jester(He doesn't even know if he's really a jester) an easy win(or loss).
I'm just going to rub this in your collective faces, because I was right. We ended up lynching a townie and handing an easy win to the lyncher. Nice.

Just because the name of the game is 'ockham's mafia'(which isn't even spelled right) doesn't mean we should take Occam's Razor to heart.

Vector: did you do anything last night?
I'd also like to point out that you didn't say much yesterday either.

Xanatos:So you think NUKE is suspicious. You gonna do anything about it?
Because otherwise you're just saying things.

Also, just a note, Dariush and NUKE tend to be at eachother's throats in every game ever.

Or else there was an RB, protection, scum may be cult, simply lack an NK or a shitload of other reasons. Why did you choose to pick only the only one that was already stated and a pretty convoluted other one over any other? It is because you're scum, Nuke.
You got anything else on NUKE? Or are you just going to vote for him for making crazy theories?
My Sig

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 15, 2011, 08:59:02 pm »

Yeah, I did something.  I don't think it was effective.

Unfortunately, I can't say much about what's going on, but I'm probably going to go back through the game in a day or two to check for contradictions and so on in flavor text.  At this point, I think that's the best thing we could do.

I'm wondering if both Emma and I should finish our claims.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 15, 2011, 09:04:11 pm »

Mmh. I'm willing, but I still don't think it's very wise.
My Sig

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #193 on: October 15, 2011, 10:03:09 pm »

Xanatos:So you think NUKE is suspicious. You gonna do anything about it?

Not as of yet.
"My Little Space Marine"

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 15, 2011, 10:44:51 pm »

How very passive of you, Xanatos[/color].

Or did you not know that passivity is a scumtell?
Yeah, flavor hunting isn't as efficient(or fun) as I thought it would be. Let's go for some vanilla scumhunting.
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32