Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 55102 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2011, 10:01:10 pm »

Day will end in about 10 hours. Four to extend, eight to shorten.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 14, 2011, 12:17:00 am »

Kay. I see everyone's ignored my two cents on Zrk2's claim, and you'll just barrel on and give the possible jester(He doesn't even know if he's really a jester) an easy win(or loss).
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2011, 12:19:37 am »

Kay. I see everyone's ignored my two cents on Zrk2's claim, and you'll just barrel on and give the possible jester(He doesn't even know if he's really a jester) an easy win(or loss).

. . . Frankly, it's a bastard mod named "Ockham's Mafia."  That means "do whatever makes the most sense."

I am going with the actions that are most pragmatic, because that's how the game is supposed to be played until empiricism informs me otherwise.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2011, 01:34:26 am »

Xanatos Jr : You missed my question. Why you withheld information about these things ?

Because my flavor is boring and has no real use...except for one thing.

I apparently deliver books and chat with the local librarian. I don't see anyone claiming to be a librarian.

Orangebottle: What kind of store do you work at?
Eh. If not zrk2 and the fact you can't be Simon Heed i would vote you right here. So i ask again : what dungeon ? what white house ? If you say it's boring you have no reason to hide it even if it's useless. Also i'm the librarian.

My info on Simon Heed: Older man that borrow books or just stay in library very often. And what's more cliche wizard disguise than older guy with false name surrounded by books. (It even fits with me except i'm young and ex-wizard). Also he can't be Xanatos as he's described separately.

It's not like there's big chance of him being town anyway so if it bring some info i think it's pretty reasonable (and it's stated that 3rd party wins do not end the game).  And to be honest i'm not sure if bringing some justice isn't part of my wincon, while my pm focus more on me being depressed after losing magic than angry on him it's still there.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2011, 01:42:13 am »

Xanatos: Why are you being so stingy with your flavor? It seems like you're just tacking things on whenever someone mentions something about you.

Because my flavor is useless.

None of it pertains to other people except the librarian thing.

It doesn't have to refer to other people to be useful, so either you're hiding something or are are being a bit dumb.

If I could copypaste it, I would, just to get everyone off my case.

Please, just tell us what your flavour is.  Even "boring" details make you look more real, and there might be a flavour cop or something depending on you giving your flavour.  Or we might have related flavour.

Zrk2.  Jester claim makes sense.  If jester, than he's essentially one more scum player when thinking of LYLO, which I don't like.  If killing him will be useful to the killer like he says...yeah, might as well.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2011, 08:03:34 am »

Votecount

Dariush[0]:
NUKE9.13[2]: Dariush, Orangebottle
Toaster[0]:
Orangebottle[0]:
Urist_McArathos[0]:
Zrk2[6]: Simple, NUKE9.13, Zrk2, Vector, Xanatos Jr, Urist_McArathos
Vector[0]:
Jack A T[0]:
Simple[0]:
NativeForeigner[0]:
Akigagak[0]:
Xanatos Jr[1]: NativeForeigner

Not voting: Jack A T, Akigagak, Toaster

“So it is decided then?” asked one man, sword resting over he's shoulder, “Very well, but he's blood is on our hands, all of us.”
Talos Gravesong steps back, a look of shock across he's face. “No, not like this” he stammers, “I-I never wanted it to end like this!”
He turned and began to run, years of hunting in the forest had strengthened he's legs, and made him swifter than the rest of the village had taken him for, but despite this, the sword brandishing man gave chase, and was able to make ground. He leaped at the fugitive, slashing him through the neck, and spilling he's blood through the dust.

A man stepped forward from the crowd. Kneeling over Talos, he closed the poor man's eyes, before reaching around he's neck and removing an amulet on the end of a leather cord. He whispered something in the man's ear, before he walked away, not shedding a tear or looking back.

For some time nobody moved. One of the group members raised he's head, and straightend he's shoulders.
“Come on, we're done for the day. We all need a drink to drown in” he said, a look of sorrow across he's face, “First round is on the house”

Zrk2 (Talos Gravesong, the older brother) has been lynched!

Night one has begun. If you have night actions, send them in.
If you have a quick topic, I am happy for you to submit it there. Keep my inbox a little more clean.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2011, 06:35:26 am »

The town awoke to the sound of the constant ringing of the church bells, signalling yet another emergency. Had there been another murder? Who has been the victim of last night's darkness?

The usual crowd gathers, a hushed murmur among them, all wondering who had not made it through the night. It was then that they noticed a large plume of dark smoke rising over the north part of the town. A man runs from towards the group, shouting at the top of he's voice. As he gets closer they could make out he's words.
“Fire!”, he screams, “The library is on fire!”
The town hurries towards the source of the smoke, the grand old liberay, a large stone building. Although the building itself will not light, the books inside it are quickly consumed in the flames while the villagers are helpless to do anything but watch. Countless books, scripts and scrolls are all destroyed, and with it so much knowledge lost. The history of the town, the biology of surrounding plants and animals, and the glyphs and runes of the ancient language, all gone.

As the fire dies down, and it becomes safe to combat, men and woman douse the flames with buckets or water, carrying them from a near by well. Soon all that is left is smoke and ash... And glyphs. Inside the library ruins on the ground is a large circle of runes forming a glyph. An old man steps forward to examine it's workings.
“It is a teleportation spell”, he announces, as he studies it's workings and inner junctions. “It should not have worked, not now, with things as they are. Who ever cast this must have known that the energy put into this spell would set fire to the books...”
“A teleportation spell? Then wouldn't the bastard sort of... Not be here?” asks another man, slightly younger than the one looking over the remains of the spell.
The crowd look at each other, wondering who has missing. Soon it became clear that Atlus Gravesong, the younger brother of the man they had lynched yesterday, was absent.

“It would seem”, started the old man as he stood back up, “That one of the most gifted mages this town has ever seen has left us. It is a shame, he may have been able to help us in our hour of need.”

The man with a broadsword strapped to he's back stepped forward.
“We can not let this stop us from our duty. Let this man's escape be an inspiration, that one day we will all be able to leave here on our own free will as he has done today. Now tell me, who's blood shall be next?”

As the group walks back to town square, they notice something they had not before the fire. On a near by wall, an announcement has been posted.

Quote from: W.O.O.D
We would like to remind you that the Woodfell postal service exists for the benefit of the townsfolk of Woodfell, and we would appreciate if you made an effort to avoid causing grievous bodily harm to our employees. Your local postal service is responsible for a variety of services, including, but not limited to, posting approved community service announcements.
~ Albert Vessa of the Woodfell Office Of Deliveries

Nobody has been killed!
Simple (Atlus Gravesong, the younger brother) has filled he's win condition.

Day two has begun!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2011, 06:53:19 am »

I can probably explain the lack of a NK. Chances are, I was targeted. I'm immune to NKs because of my guards. Also, some interesting flavor in my nighttime PM. Some of my guards were telling stories about how the Darkling used to hide around these parts but disappeared years ago. Apparently he hid a bunch of loot somewhere. I have no idea if this is in any way related to the game, but in a flavor-heavy game I feel that it's worth mentioning.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2011, 11:05:05 am »

I can probably explain the lack of a NK. Chances are, I was targeted. I'm immune to NKs because of my guards. Also, some interesting flavor in my nighttime PM. Some of my guards were telling stories about how the Darkling used to hide around these parts but disappeared years ago. Apparently he hid a bunch of loot somewhere. I have no idea if this is in any way related to the game, but in a flavor-heavy game I feel that it's worth mentioning.

Or, they just didn't try to kill anyone.

I'm a bit confused over the contents of my night action PM, that I hope someone in particular can fill me in on. So, to that person, who the hell is Albert Vessa?

And if the person I'm talking about (they probably know who they are) doesn't fill me in soonish, I will be voting for you.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2011, 11:08:53 am »

Isn't it Xanatos?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2011, 11:11:38 am »

...Apparently yes. So also apparently my Night actions are completely and utterly pointless. I get to learn something I already knew. Fantastic.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2011, 12:32:45 pm »

Well... That was easier and quicker than i expected :P

Have fun and good luck to town!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2011, 01:01:25 pm »

Righteous.
Native, mind telling us what the deal was with Zrk2's amulet?

Some interesting things happened at night.

Theories for the lack of NK:

-Native was targetted

-There is no scumteam. More sensible than it sounds, given that Zrk2 and Simple were both third parties, Urist seems to be after 'Simon', and everyone else seems to have a grudge against someone else. My prediction: everyone is a lyncher/jester.
Long Live United Forenia!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2011, 01:08:14 pm »

Theories for the lack of NK:

-Native was targetted

-There is no scumteam. More sensible than it sounds, given that Zrk2 and Simple were both third parties, Urist seems to be after 'Simon', and everyone else seems to have a grudge against someone else. My prediction: everyone is a lyncher/jester.
Or else there was an RB, protection, scum may be cult, simply lack an NK or a shitload of other reasons. Why did you choose to pick only the only one that was already stated and a pretty convoluted other one over any other? It is because you're scum, Nuke.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2011, 01:21:44 pm »

Oh sweet jumping jesus, Dariush. You don't have a case, you were just waiting for me to post.
Seriously. You think that posting is a scumtell of mine, don't you? It is the only possible explanation.

But seriously. Ok, yes, there are other explanations. Maybe I should have mentioned them. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned the first, because really, all I was aiming to do was get the second theory out there. I think it is quite likely that that is this mods trick. What is the simplest outcome of a strange man locking a bunch of people in a village and killing one of them per day? I pose that it is 'everybody dies'.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32