Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 54985 times)

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2011, 09:50:41 pm »

PFP So, I withheld a few details to watch for liars.

NUKE is the man who rode into town with me.  He fell on hard times and had to sell his horse.  Despite this, we shared some wine on the way and had fun talking.  I dropped him off at the inn, but I didn't stay.  I'm to poor to afford a room, so I sleep in my wagon.

I'm likewise curious about Simon Heed; that's the name of the person who killed my fiance.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2011, 10:22:31 pm »

PFP So, I withheld a few details to watch for liars.

NUKE is the man who rode into town with me.  He fell on hard times and had to sell his horse.  Despite this, we shared some wine on the way and had fun talking.  I dropped him off at the inn, but I didn't stay.  I'm to poor to afford a room, so I sleep in my wagon.

I'm likewise curious about Simon Heed; that's the name of the person who killed my fiance.
...If this is true...

NUKE, why didn't you say this in your initial flavorclaim?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2011, 03:38:02 am »

I'm tired of having to get lists of arguments every time someone asks me for a case, so this game I'll accompany my every vote with a full list of reasons.

Nuke, you're scum because:

1. You suggested the existence of witches in the fan nickname, then rejected the thought as ridiculous, even though the presence of mages makes it definitely possible.
2. You jumped onto Aki's question to me as a reason to vote me, insanely overreacting to my assumption that you're the merchant I saw Jack speaking with.
3. You voted Zrk immediatly after his Jester claim and abandoned whatever (shreds of) scumhunting you were doing previously. That implies you're simply looking for a way to get through the day with an easy target and aren't really worried about finding scum.
4. You withheld a critical part of your flavor.
4.5. You are recent arrival in town. So is scum.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2011, 04:11:06 am »

Zrk2: You have not answered what you do or can do with my magic.
Xanatos Jr : You missed my question. Why you withheld information about these things ?
Vector: Anything to say about Simon Heed ?
Everybody: If you don't mind state your approximate age.

Also i would like to point that even in the witches coven there was a sick twist on what cop knew and what was true. And as i expect no less here i would take the natives info with a grain of salt.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2011, 08:34:09 am »

My PM made no mention of age, so I don't know if I can answer that question. I've lived in the town all my life, but never found a wife. But, Innkeepers are rarely young men, so the only thing I can guess at is being quite a lot older than 20-ish years.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2011, 08:52:45 am »

Spoiler: Updated flavor claims (click to show/hide)

Xanatos:  Okay, missed that.  Unvote.

Simple:  The only solid reference to my age is the mention of me in the D1 opener, which said "older."  My flavor tends to agree.  I'd interpret "older" as 40s-50s.

Dariush:  That is an excellent habit to get into- it'll improve your game.

Zrk2:  I'm fairly reluctant to trust you.  Can you be any more specific?

Native:  In the interest of being a suspicious bastard, I'd like to point out you are also a male out-of-towner. 

Are you magical yourself or do you just broadsword people?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2011, 10:02:51 am »

I have nothing on Simon Heed, and I don't have my precise age, either, but I'd definitely guess that I'm on the older side.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2011, 10:12:05 am »

Dariush:Were I you, I'd drop that first point.

Everyone:Who is this mysterious Simon Heed?

My theory is that Simon Heed is the actual name of one of the scums.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2011, 10:27:56 am »

I have no mention of that, but it raises an excellent point- whose name can't be verified?

I can verify Vector, and there are definitely two Gravesong boys.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2011, 11:17:12 am »

Judging from the flavor, our death singer is an out-of-towner and male. That narrows it down to two people (assuming no one lied about their role in town), NUKE and maybe Xanatos (he didn't give enough flavor for me to judge how long he's been in town.
I am new in town, but I am not an evil wizard.

NUKE is the man who rode into town with me.  He fell on hard times and had to sell his horse.  Despite this, we shared some wine on the way and had fun talking. 
May want to reread that, I didn't sell my horse, it died. Other than that, yep, this is what happened. Thanks for the lift.

NUKE, why didn't you say this in your initial flavorclaim?
For the same reason Urist didn't mention my name, and that I didn't mention speaking with a bartender. To avoid fake-claims. Oh, and my horse dying has some significance, so I thought it better not to mention it.

Vote count
This is either a wildly inaccurate vote count, or this is a more crazy mod than expected.

Nuke, you're scum because:

1. You suggested the existence of witches in the fan nickname, then rejected the thought as ridiculous, even though the presence of mages makes it definitely possible.
2. You jumped onto Aki's question to me as a reason to vote me, insanely overreacting to my assumption that you're the merchant I saw Jack speaking with.
3. You voted Zrk immediatly after his Jester claim and abandoned whatever (shreds of) scumhunting you were doing previously. That implies you're simply looking for a way to get through the day with an easy target and aren't really worried about finding scum.
4. You withheld a critical part of your flavor.
4.5. You are recent arrival in town. So is scum.
1. You do not understand humour. It is a joke. Thing 2: thing thinger, is a standard joke title for sequels. This is basically a sequel to witches coven. The idea of witches is ridiculous, because there are dozens of potential scum people (toaster the poisoner, native the crazy mageslayer, Zrk2 the evil magic-stealer), and nobody, but nobody, has mentioned witches. Having the witches be entirely unknown to the players, and everything else be a red herring, would make this a massive bastard mod.
2. Your assumption is stupid and unnecessary. It smacks of trying to make your story more believable by name-dropping.
3. You assume that I stop scumhunting the instant I find a lynch target. This assumption is wrong.
4. What. How is my means of transport into town and the fate of my livestock a critical part of my flavour.
4.5. I have my theories about this, but I can't confirm them yet, so yeah, I cannot deny this point.
5. Die in a fire. By which I mean, do you actually suspect me, or are you just jumping on me for being me. Seriously. Every game we've been in together, you have attacked me. No matter what our respective alignments. Its getting old, dude.

I have no mention of that, but it raises an excellent point- whose name can't be verified?
I can verify that there is a famous Mageslayer by the name of Noah, also the woman who carried me into town was called Amanda.
Long Live United Forenia!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2011, 11:53:27 am »

I can verify Vector, and there are definitely two Gravesong boys.

I can verify:
Vector (Joel Berez) As being who she says she is.
Toaster (Dave Lebling) Also as being who they say they are. If possibly a poisoner.
Jack A T (Jack Deen) Also as being who they say they are.
NUKE9.13 (Jeffery Oakseed) as being apparently a merchant who talked to me once. I guess the wine also got a lift with Urist (Amanda Black)?

I find it strange that apparently Jack A T (Jack Deen) can actually verify Dariush (Hugo Carpenter) as a local. You'd think that the "Local Drunk" who apparently drinks wine out of Jack's cellar would be known in some way to the man himself. Doesn't mean that Darisuh is Scum, he might just be a decent thief.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2011, 12:00:05 pm »

I find it strange that apparently Jack A T (Jack Deen) can't actually verify Dariush (Hugo Carpenter) as a local. You'd think that the "Local Drunk" who apparently drinks wine out of Jack's cellar would be known in some way to the man himself. Doesn't mean that Darisuh is Scum, he might just be a decent thief.

Derp, typo'd

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2011, 02:18:35 pm »

Vote count

Dariush[0]:
NUKE9.13[2]: Dariush, Orangebottle
Toaster[0]:
Orangebottle[0]:
Urist_McArathos[0]:
Zrk2[2]: Simple, NUKE9.13, Zrk2
Vector[0]:
Jack A T[0]:
Simple[0]:
NativeForeigner[0]:
Akigagak[0]:
Xanatos Jr[1]: Toaster

Not voting: Urist_McArathos, Vector, Jack A T, NativeForeigner, Akigagak, Xanatos Jr.

The day will end on Friday, you need four votes to extend and eight to shorten.

Hmmm, thre people voting for me, but only 2 votes counted. Let's test out my vote, see if I don't have one or if I just can't vote for myself..Unvote, vote Xanatos JR. Nothing personal, you're just the last name on the list and so easiest to spell.

Votecount, please.

Simple: My flavour never said.

Toaster: All I know is that it has something to do with my amulet. I guess if you kill me, you take the amulet and get the stuff from it.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2011, 02:20:38 pm »

Toaster: All I know is that it has something to do with my amulet. I guess if you kill me, you take the amulet and get the stuff from it.

Hmm, so if town lynches you, everyone gets the information. If Scum kill you at night, only they do. Hmm.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2011, 04:20:23 pm »

Xanatos Jr : You missed my question. Why you withheld information about these things ?

Because my flavor is boring and has no real use...except for one thing.

I apparently deliver books and chat with the local librarian. I don't see anyone claiming to be a librarian.

Orangebottle: What kind of store do you work at?
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32