Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 55075 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2011, 03:55:24 pm »

Yeah, rumor has it that the Gravesong widow's death was my fault.  Not true- I tried to save her but failed.

Aki:  Did you have the hots for her or something?
OoC: Maybe, I dunno. Apparently I just don't like you becasue you're loud and boastful. I'm good friends with one Mr J Berez.

Aki/Zrk2/Simple:  What happened to Mr. Gravesong?

More importantly from my point of view, who is/was he?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2011, 04:01:16 pm »

Got very sick, illness took over , not many details except your part.

Also is it only me or wincons are not precisely defined ?

PPE: Argh. I missed something important when i read my pm first time: My father died at hands of a mageslayer. Our mother opinion on them: wretched murderers killing everybody with magic talents . Ugh, this sounds like magic corrupts, time to purge! scenario :/

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2011, 04:03:34 pm »

Simple:  I meant your dad.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2011, 04:11:51 pm »

Simple:  I meant your dad.
>< Looks like my brain needs some sleep. I included both included in my post by chance and here's the rest of it.He apparently was some powerful magician helping the village. However all that was when i was a child and that could mean it's not entirely true.

Also something to consider : guy with a sword in op and day opening is probably the mageslayer ?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2011, 04:28:23 pm »

Simple, do you expect any flavor shenanigans here like there were in WC?
Yeah, judging from my pm alone there's hell of a plot going around. It seems to be more outright than witches though and that makes me wonder if the name of the game isn't ironic.

Zrk, what have you learned after getting lynched in TM?

Flavour fishing usually isn't cool. This game appears to be the exception.

My name is Talos Gravesong and I'm a social outcast for abusing my brother for magical powers. I hunt and trade skins what I need.

Simple what is your favourite third party?
Hello brother. This ought to be fun. First of all my name's Atlus Gravesong, son of a mage blah blah blah.
Short story: I got the magical power, Zrk2 having none of his own stole it using the forbidden dark magic stole it from me.
(it was described as ripping aether from  my soul so it's not like it was something easy and fun.)
I apparently lacked spine to do anything about it back then and let him go. I guess i'll take game name literally and go with the easiest explanation that he's at least third party if not scum.

As for what third party i like the most, probably survivor i'm yet to die before the game end.

I stole it because I was unloved as a child. Daddy was killed by a Mage-Killer when he confronted him over sleeping with my mother. BTW, Atlus was the man's son. Yeah, real dysfunctional family we have here. This was Mommy's deathbed confession. You're a bastard, Simple!

As to my powers I got them by a using my anger and mommy issues to steal all your power and bind it to an amulet. Of course this means every night feels like an eternity of torture for me because of what I have done.

Uh.

Ok. Zrk2, you stole your brother's magic using dark powers. And you are town? This is just one of those things, a youthful prank, all in good fun?

You understand how strange this looks, right?

And before you ask, no, I am not going to answer your question.

Yeah, I sound like a bit of an asshole, but AFAIK I'm town.

@ Toaster: He died trying to kill the man that slept with his wife.

Got very sick, illness took over , not many details except your part.

Also is it only me or wincons are not precisely defined ?

PPE: Argh. I missed something important when i read my pm first time: My father died at hands of a mageslayer. Our mother opinion on them: wretched murderers killing everybody with magic talents . Ugh, this sounds like magic corrupts, time to purge! scenario :/

Yeah, my role isn't even defined, but I do have actions. Also, it doesn't seem to be that magic corrupts, but that magic has consequences. See above for an example.

Sounds like he is the mageslayer. I don't know if that means I hate him or love him. I'm really fucked up.

Max White, I love your flavour.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2011, 04:34:13 pm »

I'm Joel Berez.

More in the evening.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2011, 04:39:09 pm »

The infamours JB? DUH DUH DUNNN...

So everyone else, who is that? How do we even start scumhunting? I'm so lost.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2011, 05:52:19 pm »

I'm Marc Blank, local barkeep, and proud citizen of Woodfell. I have lived here all my life, although have yet to settle down and start a family of my own. Me and Jeffery have a common acquaintance in someone named JD, after Jeff came to me seeking to sell wine.

Yeah, not revealing that name. If someone wants to claim as being JD, he better get it right. :P

Hey, Marc!  Good to see you!

I'm Jack Deen, the local cellar master.  I buy and sell wine, and love the stuff.  It has a fine taste.  I age it to perfection.  I'm a very close friend of Marc's, and he purchases most of his stock from me.  Keeps me in business, pretty much.  I've also spent many evenings drinking wine with him and watching the sun go down.

Let's lay our cards on the table, then.

I'm Emma Greystone. I live in a small room above a store, where I work for the room I stay in. I have very few hobbies and very few friends. My mentor was JB, apparently Toaster's best friend, but we had a falling out a while ago.

Oh, and I saw the mayor's wife crying in the store this morning.

Any specific kind of store?  Why did you have a falling out with JB (Joel Berez?)?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2011, 05:59:10 pm »

I'm Marc Blank, local barkeep, and proud citizen of Woodfell. I have lived here all my life, although have yet to settle down and start a family of my own. Me and Jeffery have a common acquaintance in someone named JD, after Jeff came to me seeking to sell wine.

Yeah, not revealing that name. If someone wants to claim as being JD, he better get it right. :P
Who is this mysterious JD? Hrm. Must be either Xanatos or Person(who i believe asked for a replacement on the last page).
PPE: Oh wait, it's Jack AT.

Any specific kind of store?  Why did you have a falling out with JB (Joel Berez?)?
It sells raw food(E.G. veggies, meat, and sometimes fruit). As far as Joel goes,
we fought. A physical altercation.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2011, 06:17:24 pm »

It sells raw food(E.G. veggies, meat, and sometimes fruit). As far as Joel goes,
we fought. A physical altercation.
Interesting, but do you know why you fought?

As a side note, I find two of the names so far particularily interesting: Marc Blank (Max White) and Jack Deen (Jack A T).  Max assured me in my PM that I was just randomly given the name Jack Deen, and that it was all the RNG and not him.  Still odd.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2011, 06:33:00 pm »

Interesting, but do you know why you fought?
Yes, but it would require a full roleclaim, which would not be wise at this point.
My Sig

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2011, 06:49:22 pm »

I'm Amanda Black.  I gave someone a ride into town earlier today (I'm not saying who, because the person will know who they are).  I'm a homeless wanderer who lives out of her wagon (yes, my char is a girl) and wanders ever since my fiance was killed on the night before our wedding.  I know who did it, but I'm holding back the name for now, just in case it's relevant later.

I'm curious about the title of this mafia.  Max's little quote suggest that, despite the reference to Occam's Razor, a simple and straightforward answer may be the completely wrong one here (since it wouldn't be any "fun").  I'm not sure if that means it definitely won't be the simplest answer, or if it will and he threw that out there to dick with us.  My win conditions and role were implied through my flavor text, but never outright stated (no "You are a Townie!" business).

I propose that we skip the RVS and make with the flavourclaims instead.

Agreed.  I don't think we'll get as far asking random questions since we know for certain the flavor will lead us to scum, IF we analyze it carefully enough.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2011, 07:29:20 pm »

I'm awake, I'm awake...

Xanatos:  Have you read any old mafia games here on Bay12?  Does your experience from outside this board differ from games that have been played here?

I read through some of the Paranormal's and BYOR's. I've been in a game or two slightly similar to Paranormal, and one BYOR.

So...I'm Albert Vessa, Woodfell's postman. I moved here to get a bit of peace.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2011, 07:33:57 pm »

So...I'm Albert Vessa, Woodfell's postman. I moved here to get a bit of peace.
Could you provide some more details? This flavor seems rather...bare compared to the rest.
My Sig

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2011, 07:40:32 pm »

I came here to retire, but I didn't know anybody, and I got restless. So I became the postman, I deliver mail, chat with the librarian sometimes, and take walks through the woods.

I do sketches of things, sometimes, too.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32