Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 54924 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]
« on: September 09, 2011, 07:00:12 am »

Ockham's Mafia - The story of Woodfell
“The simplest explanation is usually the best.”
~Ockham's Razor

“But it is never the most fun.”
~Max White

Player Sheet
  • Dariush
  • NUKE9.13
  • Toaster
  • Orangebottle
  • Urist_McArathos
  • Jack A T
  • NativeForeigner
  • Akigagak
  • Xanatos Jr.

Deceased
  • Zrk2 - Talos Gravesong, the older brother
  • Vector - Joel Berez, the hex weaver

Current Winners
  • Simple - Atlus Gravesong, the younger brother

Mods
  • Max White
  • My inability to sleep

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - In signups [0/12+]
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:01:32 am »

It is sunset, and a lone man stands on a hill over looking one of the few winding roads that leads into the small town of Woodfell. He has walked many leagues, sometimes without sleep, and has had to hunt for what little food he could find to survive. He carries with him only the tools he needs to preform he's ancient art and a rusting broadsword on he's back. He is worn, tired, scraggly and focused on only the task at hand. He has been through too much to fail again. This time will be he's victory.
Others have surrounded the town, blocking off the few exits, and casting protective wards. None will enter, and none will leave. They stand watch, ever ready, waiting for him. They know he is here, but to find him they would need to raise the town to the ground. Perhaps another way, to send in a single man, and have him act as their hand. These are their choices, and flames of purity have never failed in the past.
Still, the lone man goes on. He knows what is at stake, for him there is no other way. Here he will end either he's hunt, or he's life. The moon begins to shine as darkness consumes the land, turning the green country side a shade of blue. Windows in the village flicker from the light of fires, and smoke bellows from chimneys. Such a peaceful village, such a shame.

Somewhere, a man cries in a dark ally, and another has long forgotten how to cry.
Somebody whispers to them self, while a woman begs for them all to stop whispering.
Somehow a man lives on in he's self hatred, when others escape those they loved.

They all only have one life to give, but to whom they give it is not for them to decide.

Game rules
  • Play to have fun.
  • Don't be offensive. Sure, call somebody scummy, but don't go into personal attacks, or I will mod kill your ass. I will be pretty lenient, and PM you a warning if I think things are getting out of hand, but don't do anything that would end in this game being locked by Toady.
  • Do NOT quote any mod PM's or mod posts in quick topics. Anything a mod says on the main thread is fine, but nothing else.
  • Do NOT PM other players unless your role explicitly allows it. If you can PM other players, add me to the 'send to' list.
  • Do NOT edit your posts for any reason. Even if you don't press preview and end up screwing up your quotes.
  • Days will go for 72 hours. Weekends will not count towards these hours. Although this is flexiable.
  • Extensions can be granted twice, and will extend the day by 24 hours. You need one third of the town to vote to extend.
  • Shorterns will end the day. You need 66% of the town to vote to shorten. The night period might be extended by a few hours to keep the game in a 24 hour cycle.
  • Nights will normally go for 24 hours.
  • For votes to be valid, they must be in red.

Game tips
  • Pay attention to all flavour text. It is riddled with all sorts of hints.
  • This is a closed game set up, there will be a lot you will need to figure out on your own.
  • This game is flavour heavy and closed, but not a bastard mod. Any player you can vote for will appear on the vote count, and you will be informed of all actions available to you.
  • Third party wincons are not game ending.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 08:01:38 am »

Is that Witches' Covin parody I see?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 08:05:09 am »

• Don't be offensive. Sure, call somebody scummy, but don't go into personal attacks, or I will mod kill your ass.

...What. So, if I get angry and accidentally haul off and call Dariush a fucking retard, I get modkilled?

OUT.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 08:07:48 am »

Relax Orange.
That is a disclaimer I'm going putting in after something that happened in a BM once. Nothing I have ever seen you say is going to get you killed.

Think of it this way, if it might get you banned, it might end in a modkill. That way if you are banned I don't need to worry about replaces and such.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - In signups [1/12+]
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 08:10:05 am »

It's a rule more fitting to a BM than an actual game. In a BM the players are there to learn.

I still think it's a terrible rule in general. Not playing this one. Sorry.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 08:50:14 am »

...What. So, if I get angry and accidentally haul off and call Dariush a fucking retard, I get modkilled?
Awww, you're so adorable, I want to hug you. ^_^

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 09:30:35 am »

Awww, you're so adorable, I want to hug you. ^_^

{abbr=And stab you in the eyes while doing it.][/abbr]
Yes, Dariush, we see you, we recognise your air of cultivated trolling. Congratulations. Now cut it out.

Anyway, dead all around, so In I go.
Long Live United Forenia!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 10:39:27 am »

Sure, why not?

In.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 12:00:24 pm »

“The simplest explanation is usually the best.”
~Ockham's Razor
Blatant over-simplification, but eh.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 04:17:02 pm »

• Play to have fun.

Is this a binding rule? I'd rather play to win. Playing to have fun seems... frivolous.

• Don't be offensive. Sure, call somebody scummy, but don't go into personal attacks, or I will mod kill your ass.

Welp, guess I won't be joining then.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 04:30:04 pm »

Would it make you guys happen if I remove that rule? It is only there to stop real shit storms of offence, not calling people stupid when they do something stupid.
Also, winning is fun.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 04:44:44 pm »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - In signups [3/12+]
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 05:17:10 pm »

You should probably give examples- I've seen Toady step in a couple of times for extreme cases, but I think most of what happens is fine.  (I have a pretty thick skin, so I may be biased.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - In signups [3/12+]
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 05:25:36 pm »

Eg. "That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard on these forums, and I have played with Org. If you could kindly pull that pole from your ass, maybe you could see how dumb you are. "

Yea, that is pretty standard. I'm ok with that.
I'm not going to be any more harsh than any other mod, but I would rather have a back up policy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32