Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 55098 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #210 on: October 16, 2011, 03:07:29 am »

So, you're saying that your flavor information told you nothing at all about anyone else?

Funny, that.

If you think my questioning is "needless harassment," it's clear that I need to question you more, because all you're doing is throwing up empty defenses.
No. So far nobody else's flavor has said anything about another's wincon.

You've got some very, very acute tunnel vision Vector.

You sound worried, Orangebottle.
Hint: I'm not.

If you have trouble with this line of questioning, why didn't you bring it up at first?  Why are you writing so choppily, and how are you missing the fact that Arathos is asking you about your strange degree of certainty?
I never doubted that he was asking me about my certainty. My point with that post was to inform him that asking me about things I can't possibly know are pointless. My writing could be attributed to the fact that it's 11:54 PM right now.
Besides, what are you being distracted from, exactly?  Thumb-twiddling?
Right now I'm wondering why the hell Xanatos would ever vote himself ever. I'm also about to ask some more questions.

Xanatos:Let's be honest. Are you the real jester here?
Arathos: There's a problem with your post that I missed in my response.
There's a lot of possible solutions to being in pain.  Again, I think assuming that the simple answer that "he just thought he was a jester, and was wrong" might not be the right answer here.  Even if he was wrong and honestly just screwed it up, that doesn't change the fact it apparently WASN'T his wincon...so what would have ended that pain (and therefore fulfilled his wincon)?
This line of questioning, actually, this post in particular feels very scummy. Rolefishing's the reason. It looks and smells like rolefishing, so it must be thus. That's the only reason you'd ask me something neither a vanilla townie nor a scum would know. You're trying to find a cop. Let me be the first to tell you that you're definitely looking in the wrong place.

Either that, or you're trying to use sarcasm over the internet and it's not going over very well.
That was me. Doing something. While you were questioning me. Not only that, but my defenses are not empty. Do I have anything else that I could be doing other than defending myself when nobody responds? The answer is no. Stop wasting my time with your pointless questions, because I'm not going to answer them anymore.

It's now 1:03 AM. I'm going to get some sleep. You have six hours and twenty-six minutes. Go annoy somebody else.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #211 on: October 16, 2011, 03:56:11 am »

You got anything else on NUKE? Or are you just going to vote for him for making crazy theories?
Are you blind, stupid or simply haven't been here on D1?

Jack, the cellar is in an alley. As I said, sometimes I see some figures down there, though I don't know anyone by name.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 16, 2011, 09:54:50 am »

You got anything else on NUKE? Or are you just going to vote for him for making crazy theories?
Are you blind, stupid or simply haven't been here on D1?
I'll pick D: None of the above.
I'm just unwilling to sift through so much crap to find your voting reasons. You should probably summarize them when you go to vote a person so you have an actual argument.
My Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 16, 2011, 11:45:48 am »

Orange:
Kay. I see everyone's ignored my two cents on Zrk2's claim, and you'll just barrel on and give the possible jester(He doesn't even know if he's really a jester) an easy win(or loss).
I'm just going to rub this in your collective faces, because I was right. We ended up lynching a townie and handing an easy win to the lyncher. Nice.

This bugs me.  Why do you think he was a townie?  All we know is that he's not a jester- he didn't flip any sort of a wincon or alignment.

Also, do you explicitly know your wincon? 

This post reads "Okay, got your questions, now let's talk about someone that's not me now!"  Why don't you want to talk about your own actions?

Native:  Did you get any sort of indication that you were actively targeted, or did you just decide to yell it out after a no-kill night?

Nuke:  Are you a jester or lyncher?  For your theory to be right, you would have to be.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2011, 12:21:35 pm »

Unvote.  What the fuck are you doing?

Lynching myself. Town wants it, and I'm a townie, so...

That, and the fact that even if I try to defend myself, I'm dead.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2011, 12:38:10 pm »

Wow, that's quite possibly the worst reasoning I've ever seen in my life.

Town wants to find and lynch scum.  If you aren't scum, fight the lynch.

(If you are scum, continue rolling over at maximum speed :D)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 16, 2011, 12:49:22 pm »

No.

Town wants to find and lynch scum.

What the fuck are you doing?

Explain.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 16, 2011, 12:50:14 pm »

EBWODP: I was asking Xanatos, again, what the fuck he is doing, and was quoting Vector to illustrate that he is wrong in his reasons for lynching himself.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 16, 2011, 01:16:03 pm »

...NO. NO. NO. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Jack, the cellar is in an alley. As I said, sometimes I see some figures down there, though I don't know anyone by name.

Cellar location: Correct.  At the very least, you're telling the truth about being in the wine cellar.

Are you, or any of the figures, crying?  Crying in an alley has been mentioned in flavour.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2011, 01:37:51 pm »

Xanatos.

Question: Do you understand the most important rule of every variety of mafia, ever? The one rule that everyone must always abide by, no matter what? The rule that, when broken, ruins the game for everyone? Do you know and understand this rule? If not, perhaps you shouldn't be playing.

Toaster: Yes.
Long Live United Forenia!

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2011, 01:51:30 pm »

I'll drop out if you want.

Forum mafia is apparently really boring for me.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2011, 02:07:36 pm »

Perhaps that would be best.
Long Live United Forenia!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 16, 2011, 02:39:28 pm »

I'll drop out if you want.

Forum mafia is apparently really boring for me.

Yes, drop out if you're not playing to win.  It's infinitely more helpful than clouding the day with jestery weirdness, and you're providing a nice shit-storm the scum can hide behind while it goes down.

Sorry you're not enjoying yourself; it's always a shame to lose a player.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2011, 02:41:31 pm »

Sorry for the trouble, I guess.
"My Little Space Marine"

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2011, 03:03:11 pm »

This bugs me.  Why do you think he was a townie?  All we know is that he's not a jester- he didn't flip any sort of a wincon or alignment.
I'll answer your question with another question.
Why would a scum have a vague role PM like that?

Also, do you explicitly know your wincon? 
I know my alignment. I'm town. I'm going to assume that the usual conditions for town winning apply.

This post reads "Okay, got your questions, now let's talk about someone that's not me now!"  Why don't you want to talk about your own actions?
That's not how it was intended at all. It was more,"You want me to do something? Fine, I'll do some more stuff even though nobody's really around to answer me." I'll talk about my actions if someone asks decent questions about them.

Arathos for ignoring me. While overdefending is scummy, not defending at all doesn't help anybody.
Arathos: There's a problem with your post that I missed in my response.
There's a lot of possible solutions to being in pain.  Again, I think assuming that the simple answer that "he just thought he was a jester, and was wrong" might not be the right answer here.  Even if he was wrong and honestly just screwed it up, that doesn't change the fact it apparently WASN'T his wincon...so what would have ended that pain (and therefore fulfilled his wincon)?
This line of questioning, actually, this post in particular feels very scummy. Rolefishing's the reason. It looks and smells like rolefishing, so it must be thus. That's the only reason you'd ask me something neither a vanilla townie nor a scum would know. You're trying to find a cop. Let me be the first to tell you that you're definitely looking in the wrong place.

Either that, or you're trying to use sarcasm over the internet and it's not going over very well.
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32