Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Conquest of Elysium 3 - a new game by the developer of dominions 3  (Read 17450 times)

gp1628

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest of Elysium 3 - a new game by the developer of dominions 3
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2012, 12:26:19 pm »

OK this game is now available on Steam for $9 if you act quick

Oh and if you havent patched in a bit, a neat new nation has been added

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2012, 12:32:28 pm »

Any newbies want to play Co-Op against computers with me?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2012, 02:28:33 pm »

Huh. Somehow I didn't know this exists, but the demo was a ton of fun, so I just picked it up on Steam.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2012, 03:35:45 pm »

Grr, I really wish I could get this, given that I've played CoE2 to death (won pretty much every class at least once besides the ones that bore me), but I really don't have the ability to buy, uhh, anything  :(

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2012, 07:49:50 pm »

Just grab this it pretty fun I like the Witch and of course the Necromancer.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2012, 08:34:25 pm »

I'm an Enchanter fan. Nothing like being able to terraform your area by ripping the terrain features up and using them as units. Normally I stick to bad terrain like ancient forests (yay for no more animal spawns!) and leave my gold producers intact, at least until I capture an opponent's gold mine. Then it's gold golem time :P

I can only imagine what an annoyance an enchanter raiding party would be in multiplayer. Not only are you permanently losing your economy, but the enemy is getting stronger each time.

Also, I discovered that waiting till winter and turning a lake into an ice golem leaves behind a swamp. Go forth my freespawn terracotta army!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2012, 03:42:18 am »

Is the development of the game dead because the forum sure is   :P
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2012, 04:53:41 am »

Nope. A new version came out just this month.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2012, 06:10:37 am »

Quote from: Al

khemia link=topic=92764.msg3733133#msg3733133 date=1351327338
Is the development of the game dead because the forum sure is   :P

I'm confused its out on steam how can it be dead ? O.o

Also how is the game ? And would people reccomend it ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2012, 06:38:38 am »

I think it's weaksaucish. Certainly not worth 25€ as originally advertised. 7,5 €, however... it's still nothing out of the ordinary, but it can be entertaining for short games. And it's low-reqs so it runs well on netbooks. I deemed it acceptable so I got it, if only to be able to alternate between this and other "coffeebreak" games. (It's still worth pointing out that for the same dough you can get the arguably superior SPAZ and Atom Zombie Smasher)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 06:46:29 am »

I have been having fun as the troll king. So long as you don't get into a fight with something immune to crush you are in pretty decent shape.

I think it's weaksaucish. Certainly not worth 25€ as originally advertised. 7,5 €, however... it's still nothing out of the ordinary, but it can be entertaining for short games. And it's low-reqs so it runs well on netbooks. I deemed it acceptable so I got it, if only to be able to alternate between this and other "coffeebreak" games. (It's still worth pointing out that for the same dough you can get the arguably superior SPAZ and Atom Zombie Smasher)

Kind of an odd post. I would say it is out of the ordinary to see a Warlords sytle TBS. IE, one that focuses more on units and combat than on city building or research.

I haven't played the game enough to really have too much of an opinion, but I would agree some of the things in the game leave a little to be desired. Overall the game isn't terribly user friendly.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2012, 09:10:11 am »

Yes, please. Are you in the European timezone? we'll have to have short game otherwise.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2012, 09:34:18 am »

Pirated it a few hours ago. Played it a little. Couldn't figure a way to pirate the new patch, and it's cheap enough. So now it's my first purchase on Desura :) It was way too expensive before, but now it's just right.

It's similar to CoE 2, with a lot more polish and all the annoying stuff taken out. If you liked the previous one, good chance you'll like this one more, because it doesn't have those damn bandits/deer killing off your elite squads. IMO, it hits the sweet spot between being too simple/easy to learn and being a complex game. You guys should easily be able to learn it within 3 days.

IMO, Dominions is the hardcore wargame version of CoE. CoE 3 abstracts out the fun bits and pieces, and doesn't need you to spend a couple hours setting up a character or reading through the spell list.

I wish the unit background stories were built up a little better, though.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2012, 09:34:48 am »

Yes, please. Are you in the European timezone? we'll have to have short game otherwise.

Oh sure! That could be fun! :)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2012, 10:29:10 am »

Pirated it a few hours ago. Played it a little. Couldn't figure a way to pirate the new patch, and it's cheap enough. So now it's my first purchase on Desura  It was way too expensive before, but now it's just right.
this was my thought on this game, pretty much.
It's similar to CoE 2, with a lot more polish and all the annoying stuff taken out
It takes out the worst parts of the interface, but.. I'd hardly call it a full polish. I'm not asking for dominions battle arranging system, but I think that something better than CoE 2's was in order
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6