Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: Frozenvictims 2.0 - Terrifying Glacier succession fort  (Read 30072 times)

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
Re: Frozenvictims 2.0 - Terrifying Glacier succession fort
« Reply #255 on: October 23, 2011, 09:32:45 pm »

The events of 26 Sandstone, 11

The caverns had not yet finished with Frozenvictims. They sent another beast, Ostar, a being composed of fire opal, against the fortress. The two remaining squads met the creature near the forbidden corpses of their comrades from Sirian's squad. The dust of Ostar choked them, and all of them were blinded and dizzied by it. Ostar was wailing on one hammerdwarf from the Guard when late-comer macedwarf Ducim Siegewheels came and put an end to it.

Half of the able-bodied dwarves in the military were now suffering from a dizziness as a result of ingesting the beast's dust. They all hoped it was temporary and harmless.

Sirian, having withdrawn into his chapel for prayer, would not answer anyone when asked for orders. Without him to direct the fortress, work halted on the expansion, and the dwarves focused on cleaning up after the events above and below them. The dead militia were entombed in coffins near the trade depot, and Mormota got the rest of the miners to begin digging proper catacombs.

Life went on, without Sirian.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 23, 2011, 09:33:17 pm »

*Something happens with Forgotten Beast Remains*
You: "DF HACK! SAVESCUM! CHEAT!"

I dare not think what youd do if something remotely bad happened XD

Hah, well, I just had plans. But now I made new ones, so it's OK...  :'(

I admit I did freak out about that. Bloody extract killed 3 dwarves in less than an in-game day. And since clothes are starting to fall off dwarves, I figured better safe than sorry. But I guess I'll stop cheating now, heh. Well, I still reserve just one little thing I have to do that SORTA involves cheating.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:37:56 pm by Savolainen5 »
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 23, 2011, 10:26:16 pm »

The events of 2 Moonstone, 11

Sirian emerged from his private chapel just as the traders from Oburkumil had arrived. His other squadmate, Onol, had been training with Nix's squad for months. Sirian looked an older dwarf now. Though not the oldest by age of the fort, he certainly looked it. Where formerly he'd carried himself with dignity and honour, the Overseer was now bent and tired-looking. Whereas before the white of his beard and head were looked at as a symbol of wisdom and prudence, it now made him look like an old man.

The other dwarves looked upon him with pity, which moved them to do his bidding now as much as his prestige. They felt a little bit betrayed. After all, he fended off the siege. But then to let the caverns open and get so many military killed...

The Overseer approached the trade depot, where manager Eral and Nix, the bookkeeper, were speaking with the broker, Kogan, explaining what the fortress needed.

"... get all the bars you can take," Eral said, "Especially lay pewter. Sirocco loves that stuff, ya know."

"Yeah, yeah, and I'll grab the steel armour, and the booze. It's not my first trade with the Mountainhome, ya know."

Eral turned to Sirian. "Oh, uh, nice to see you, Overseer."

Sirian grunted in return, his stony face the only thing unchanged over the past few months. "Tradin' wi' th' Mountainhome, I see. It's tha' time o' year already? Well, don' forge' th' fish. I been... hankerin' for some cave fish fer quite a while."

Nix nodded. The fortress had had almost no fish for a long time, now.

Sirian began to hobble away from the depot, but stopped and asked, as an afterthought, "Oh, by th' way. Where's Sirocco?"

"Prob'ly down smoothin' th' floor on th' third level o' th' expansion," replied Kogan, before turning to meet with the merchants. Sirian grunted a thanks and limped away, his larch crutch squeaking on the smooth floor.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 23, 2011, 10:28:43 pm »

Ah, ah, ah! ONE WRONG MOVE, AND I STRIKE THE ADAMANTINE, UNLEASHING HELL!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 23, 2011, 10:31:28 pm »

Ah, ah, ah! ONE WRONG MOVE, AND I STRIKE THE ADAMANTINE, UNLEASHING HELL!

I like the sound o' that! But it'll have to wait, because I'm keeping Sirocco VERY busy smoothing and engraving, haha!

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 23, 2011, 10:46:50 pm »

CUGO IS DEAD?

THERE SHALL BE A RECKONING LIKE NONE OTHER!

Once I finish building this wall.
To quote one of Battlefailed's overseers: "My god, this was a terrible idea." The cow moose is stomping the shit out of Atir, and now Dyg's trying to give him water in the middle of fucking combat!

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 23, 2011, 10:49:29 pm »

"uh? ehy, how about a BREAK TIME?!" *scurries off to break room.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 23, 2011, 10:49:47 pm »

The events of 5 Opal, 11

Sirian was in the chapel to Ögred, pleased at the progress being made when he heard commotion coming from down the hall, in the barracks. He drew his sword, confused, and hobbled in that direction as quickly as his squeaky crutch would let him. When he got there, he saw a terrible sight: the brains of axedwarf Kogan Ropephrases splattered all over the wall, his limp body slumped against it. Guard hero Melbil stood over the corpse, wiping his silver hammer with a rag.

Furious, the Overseer stomped up to the Guard. "What th' hell jus' happened here?"

"Jus' doin' my job, Overseer, jus' doin' my job."

"Ya wen' an' feckin' killed 'im!"

"Sirocco ordered a beatin' when nobody filled 'is lay pewter order, and I gave 'im one he wouldn't forget."

"How c'n 'e forget it when 'e's dead?!"

"Exactly." The Hammerdwarf smiled and left the room, justice having been served. The military was down to seven dwarves, along with the six fortress guards. Not exactly what Sirian was comfortable with. He made a note to go recruit some more civilians.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 23, 2011, 11:26:55 pm »

The events of 15 Opal, 11

Sirian didn't manage to find Sirocco for over a month. It was a combination of Sirocco's great speed of engraving and smoothing and the Overseer's own busyness. He finally tracked down the Baron in the catacombs, after getting lost in them a couple times.

"Oh, Overseer," the Baron said mockingly. "Greetings."

"Sirocco, I --"

"Ah-ah-ah, that's Baron Sirocco to you."

Sirian sighed, his jaw becoming taut. "Baron Sirocco, --"

"Yes?"

Another sigh. "I wanted t' know what happened in yer meetin' wi' th' liaison. Ya DID meet wi' him', yeah?"

"Oh, Thikut? Yeah, yeah."

"Well, ya gonna tell m' what happened?"

"Of course I am. I got elevated to a Count."

Sirian gritted his teeth. The Baron, or Count, whichever he was, was really testing his patience. "Look Sirocco, jus' feckin' tell me wha' ya ordered from th' Moun'inhome."

"Well why didn't ya say so?" he said, a fake smile on his mouth. "You know, the usual, some meat, some fish, some metal. Well, actually just Lay Pewter for the metal. We need more o' that stuff around, ya know. It's got the BEST sheen. Besides, I don't want any deplorable incidents like what happened to Kogan."

Having gotten what he wanted, and further wanting to avoid any more contact with Sirocco, the Overseer left to tend to some arena matches he had planned.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 23, 2011, 11:33:27 pm »

Oh man, down to the wire. Will I be able to finish the chapels in time? Also, I'll be uploading a DFMA map of the fort, so as to better show what I added!

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 24, 2011, 12:40:13 am »

The events of 10 Granite, 12

The dwarves had been using those chapels which had been already completed for quite some time already. But now that they were all complete, it was time for a final unveiling. Sirian smiled bitterly to himself, thinking of his failures as an overseer. The military was weaker than when he started, and the expansion was only fleshed out, not nearly completed as he'd hoped. But at least fate couldn't take this away from him.

• Ögred - The goddess of rainbows, the rain, and trees. Represented by a moat of water, as if from a fresh rainfall, wooden floors and a wooden pillar shaped like a tree.
  • Nirmek the Healing Blockade of Sanctuaries - The goddess of fortresses. Represented by statues of fortress life (clockwise from the top white statue): A porcelain statue of a forgotten beast, a copper statue of the founding of Frozenvictims, a copper statue of Lloyd Fisher engraving a masterful engraving, a porcelain statue of Nix's appointment as militia commander, a copper statue of Sirian's appointment as militia captain, a copper statue of Sirocco II engraving a masterful engraving, a porcelain statue of Uggi's promotion from Sheriff to Captain of the Guard, and a copper statue of the founding of Frozenvictims.
  • Rab Furnaceheated the Flickering Spark - The god of volcanoes and fire. Represented by a moat of lava around his porcelain statue. Some say that Rab himself filled the moat in honour of his chapel being completed first.
  • Enor the Bright Color - The God of jewels. Represented by a copper statue surrounded by gem windows.
  • Kol - The god of trade and wealth. Represented by a copper, a silver, and a gold statue, the main metals of currency.
  • Sirian's private chapel to Kol - The site of his half-season-long fast and prayer, with a copper statue to Kol and a porcelain one of himself in his days of glory to remind himself of his goals.
  • Erib - The god of metals. Represented by a floor of copper, silver, gold, and rose gold. The rose gold tile is underneath the platinum statue dedicated to Erib in memory of axedwarf Kogan Ropephrases.
  • Äkil - The god of minerals and mountains (who takes the form of a male hoary marmot). Represented by claystone mini-mountains which resemble many of the nearby peaks and by statues made of various types of stone available in the fortress.

After, the celebrations began. First on the program was an arena match between a few goblins and some of the militia. The goblins had been stripped of the weapons, and the dwarves had left theirs behind. It was to be a wrestling match to see who was the dwarfiest. Each militiadwarf paired up with a caged goblin. Sirian, too, faced one down, despite his condition. He was determined to have one last hurrah.

When the bell rang and the cages opened, the other goblins pounced on the dwarves, but Sirian's didn't. Instead, he stooped down and took something out of his leather boot. A knife! Unable to flee, Sirian decided to take him on. The goblin was quick, a thief who had tried to snatch some child of the fortress. Sirian lashed out with his crutch, never quite making contact, his artifact copper greaves slowing him down. The goblin, unlike the rest of his comrades, kept his cool. The Overseer, unlike the rest of his comrades, did not. After one overextension, Sirian lost his balance, and at that moment, as if to insult the already-crippled dwarf, the goblin thief stabbed his hand, severing nerves and leaving it a useless appendage. Crying out in pain for the first time since his crippling injury, Sirian fell to the ground, and instantly, two other dwarves sprang to his aid, getting similar, though less-grave wounds in the process before subduing the offending goblin.

Sirian knew his days in the military were over.

As he sat in the hospital a few minutes later, he contemplated his reign. Now that he could not hold anything, he was useless to the fort. No more could he wield a sword, as he loved, nor could he issue anything better than spoken orders. He credibility was significantly diminished since his promises weren't fulfilled. He teared up thinking about it.

He called over the nurse attending to the other wounded from the arena fight. "Go tell Sirocco 'n' the mayor that I'm givin' up the Ov'seership. 't's time for some new blood. We don' need ol' folks li' me 'roun' anymore, 'specially when 'ey're useless."

The nurse excitedly ran out of the room, leaving Sirian to his bitter thoughts.

At leas' when I die, thought the old dwarf, I gotta a coffin 'lready waitin' fer me in th' new catacombs.

He looked up at the ceiling. Bitter thoughts of a bitter old dwarf.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 24, 2011, 12:53:17 am »

Thanks t' my increas' defences, we caught dozens o' gobbos, meanin' arena fights!"

Hmm, I could have sworn it was me who put most of those traps there...
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 24, 2011, 12:57:07 am »

Final notes OORP:

Save file here!

First off, sorry for cutting into your turn, Chilton! Bloody dwarves moved awful slow, it seems, and I could hardly have given ya'll an ALMOST finished chapel.

Also, since Sirian cannot grasp anything anymore, you're free to do with him what you wish. If you can find some interesting way for him to off himself (maybe send him in to explore HFS?), that'd be cool! Otherwise you can keep him alive if you wish. Just remember that he's in-RP super bitter and depressed (should you ever have your character interact with him).

I began digging out this area as a new dining hall, but as you see, I didn't get to it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DFMA map of most of the fortress

Thanks t' my increas' defences, we caught dozens o' gobbos, meanin' arena fights!"

Eh heh heh. I actually added some, about 6 or 9, but you did put most of 'em.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 01:05:39 am by Savolainen5 »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 24, 2011, 01:05:34 am »

Final notes OORP:

Save file here![/u]]http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5100

First off, sorry for cutting into your turn, Chilton! Bloody dwarves moved awful slow, it seems, and I could hardly have given ya'll an ALMOST finished chapel.

Also, since Sirian cannot grasp anything anymore, you're free to do with him what you wish. If you can find some interesting way for him to off himself (maybe send him in to explore HFS?), that'd be cool! Otherwise you can keep him alive if you wish. Just remember that he's in-RP super bitter and depressed (should you ever have your character interact with him).

I began digging out this area as a new dining hall, but as you see, I didn't get to it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-28257-mainentrance

Eh heh heh. I actually added some, about 6 or 9, but you did put most of 'em.

Its fine :)
If the cut-in seriously affects me, ill just shamelessly take it upon myself to make the Middle of the First Month the new Standard for swapping over. But I doubt thatll happen.

Anyhow
Ill probably have an Update within the Hour. Its 16:05 here, and I plan to at least Start and look around right away.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 24, 2011, 01:06:45 am »

Ach, you quoted my unedited post! Now I look like a fool oh noez!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24