Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: Frozenvictims 2.0 - Terrifying Glacier succession fort  (Read 30081 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Frozenvictims 2.0 - Terrifying Glacier succession fort
« Reply #240 on: October 23, 2011, 04:30:58 am »

I warned you! :D
OH SHADE! CAN I BORROW YOUR PICKAXE! LET'S OPEN UP HFS AND UNLEASH DOOMSDAY!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 23, 2011, 06:15:29 am »

I warned you! :D
OH SHADE! CAN I BORROW YOUR PICKAXE! LET'S OPEN UP HFS AND UNLEASH DOOMSDAY!
Optionally, test the Squads aptitude against the Doomsday Warriors. By trapping the Squads out there.
If they survive like, 60 Seconds, let em back in.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #242 on: October 23, 2011, 06:59:14 am »

no, my pickaxe is mine. get yours.
and i don't know what you're talking about. i'm NOT A DEMON SPY NO NO NO NO!
*chief, emergency take-off, activate magma reactors get us out of hereee*
*shadowheadquarters copy and off*
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 23, 2011, 07:44:19 am »

no, my pickaxe is mine. get yours.
and i don't know what you're talking about. i'm NOT A DEMON SPY NO NO NO NO!
*chief, emergency take-off, activate magma reactors get us out of hereee*
*shadowheadquarters copy and off*
Great.
Time Travelling Midgets.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 23, 2011, 10:19:29 am »

Ugh, so many candy picks, is it OK if I melt 'em? Were they used for last-ditch defence or something? Seems like all that candy would be better used as armour or something.

Seeing no initial rejection, I'm gonna go ahead and mark all but the best candy picks for melting. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 23, 2011, 12:17:27 pm »

"Shade, you may not know it, but I know all about you. I've heard your laughter, I've seen you talking to the adamantine, I'VE READ YOUR PLANS! I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU! Now, can we get started with unleashing your friends?"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #246 on: October 23, 2011, 03:15:52 pm »

"uh? ehy, how about a BREAK TIME?!" *scurries off to break room.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 23, 2011, 03:45:19 pm »

Ugh, so many candy picks, is it OK if I melt 'em? Were they used for last-ditch defence or something? Seems like all that candy would be better used as armour or something.

Seeing no initial rejection, I'm gonna go ahead and mark all but the best candy picks for melting. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wait noooo!

The miner squad needs those picks for arming! All of them are in use!
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 23, 2011, 04:43:09 pm »

"uh? ehy, how about a BREAK TIME?!" *scurries off to break room.
"GET BACK HERE! I'VE WAITED TOO LONG TO PASS THIS UP!"
*Dashes after him*
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 23, 2011, 07:05:31 pm »

Wait noooo!

The miner squad needs those picks for arming! All of them are in use!

Okaaaaay... :( What a waste of candy, though... Welp, if you insist, I'll preserve 'em!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 23, 2011, 08:14:13 pm »

The events of 23 Galena, 11

The civilians of the fortress had assembled in the dining hall, the excavated areas of the fortress not yet deemed suitable for a gathering. The excited murmurs of the crowd erupted into cheers as the dwarves of the military strode in in their ceremonial best -- which, truth be told, meant that they had merely attempted to wash some of the grime off of their armour and weapons. In the stead of flowers, the dwarves threw small chunks of kaolinite at the feet of the militia.

After several minutes of this, Sirian detached himself from the semi-circle of heroes. Holding his hands up to calm the crowd, he shouted, his voice still harsh but betraying glee, "My fella dwarves! T'day's a grea' day! We crushed th' siege!" The crowd once more erupted in cheers. "People o' Frozenvictims! I've promised y' safety an' prosperity, a new beginnin' fer th' fortress! Let this day be th' first step! Thanks t' my increas' defences, we caught dozens o' gobbos, meanin' arena fights!" More cheers. "An' best o' all, my fren's, none o' us got a scratch!" Still more cheers. "In honour o' our vict'ry, I'm declarin' t'day a holiday!" At this, the hard-worked dwarves cheered deafeningly, and many streamed out of the dining room to fetch barrels of booze, which were plentiful now that both stills were operating near-continuously. Sirian took a deep bow, his beard touching the engraved floor, and the crowd's cheers renewed.

Razorpleat was the first to approach the Overseer. He offered his hand. "Congrats, sir. Four squads o' gobbos 'n' barely a den' in a piece o' armour. Well done!" Sirian nodded, his mouth curled in a slight smile, clapping his free hand on the shoulder of his assistant. He then turned and walked over to a corner, moving almost as quickly as before his injury.

Today was the military's day, but it was his day.

Some days later, an image of the glorious victory would be carved on the walls of one of the altars under construction:

« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 08:23:01 pm by Savolainen5 »

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 23, 2011, 08:25:02 pm »

OORP: I'm pretty short for time, so I'm gonna use my nice format only for ACTUAL things that're happening. And not for something like this:

Value: 726000 Urists

Some hauler had a possession and used a precious candy wafer on this piece o' crap. Hope at least Sirian picks it up for his own use, but somehow I doubt it.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 23, 2011, 08:37:14 pm »

Uhm... I just went after Cugo, and its poisonous vapours killed most of the dogs down there and also several of the militia I sent down to take care of it... Lessee if I can savescum that...

Edit: Ach, I don't have autobackup on. Am I outta luck? (I've never savescummed before, hah)

Edit 2: Oh god, forgotten beast extract everywhere! DFHack to the rescue, hopefully. Gotta get it off of the items in the area, as well as off of the dead dwarves... Alas, my assistant Razorpleat died.

Edit 3: Ach, screw it, on with the story!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 08:47:45 pm by Savolainen5 »

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 23, 2011, 09:01:01 pm »

The events of 13 Sandstone, 11

Sirian went down to the depths, where he had rarely been, to survey the damage. His usually-stony face tightened into an angry grimace at the destruction.

Where once there had been dozens of dogs to guard against the dangers of the caverns, now lay horrible, stenching corpses.

Dwarves from his own squad had even fallen victim, most notably his friend and assistant, Razorpleat.But they had eliminated the menaces of the cavern, killing Cugo, whose crab-legs lay strewn amongst the poisoned corpses of the guard dogs, and two others of whom Sirian had never heard, both killed by Uggi's famous Guard, Melbil Moonclasped the Matched Gravel of Tangling, a name which Uggi had chosen himself shortly after returning from the kills.

Furious with his squad and with himself, he stormed up to his nearly-completed private chapel to Kol, to pray for strength to do what he had to do without Razorpleat.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 23, 2011, 09:30:42 pm »

*Something happens with Forgotten Beast Remains and Dogs*
You: "DF HACK! SAVESCUM! CHEAT!"

I dare not think what youd do if something remotely bad happened XD
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:37:21 pm by Chilton »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24