Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: Frozenvictims 2.0 - Terrifying Glacier succession fort  (Read 30150 times)

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
Re: Frozenvictims 2.0 - Terrifying Glacier succession fort
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2011, 10:01:08 am »

In my experience, this is a common problem. I dunno. I reckon it'll turn out OK. In the meantime, it gives us the opportunity to build crazy stuff or something!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2011, 02:42:27 pm »

I know why; see those mountains over there? According to the wiki a fortress which is hard at access (such as one nearly surrounded by mountains and is nowhere near civilisation) will get goblins less often. Geography is why we're FOREVER ALONE.

And that sucks. I might spam high-value so we can get bigger sieges; aye or nay double aye?

E: On top of that we're across a peninsula.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2011, 04:07:33 am »

I know why; see those mountains over there? According to the wiki a fortress which is hard at access (such as one nearly surrounded by mountains and is nowhere near civilisation) will get goblins less often. Geography is why we're FOREVER ALONE.

And that sucks. I might spam high-value so we can get bigger sieges; aye or nay double aye?

E: On top of that we're across a peninsula.
Personally, Id like it if there were ONE Invasion. Just ONE heavy one. Not Bigger Sieges in general. Just ONE Big Siege. Makes sense to me.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2011, 04:03:22 pm »

Update will be here today; didn't do it over the weekend because I was busy.

Playing New Vegas.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2011, 09:52:17 pm »

If I've somehow managed to die again (Last known profession: "Former Brain-in-a-jar"), redorf from Chief Medical Dwarf as Tevish Szat III with custom profession "Mad Scientist"

I'd have another journal post, but I've been remarkably uninspired as to what to do with one
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2011, 03:27:27 am »

If I've somehow managed to die again (Last known profession: "Former Brain-in-a-jar"), redorf from Chief Medical Dwarf as Tevish Szat III with custom profession "Mad Scientist"

I'd have another journal post, but I've been remarkably uninspired as to what to do with one
Talk about being all depressed/bitter about being dead three times over, and that you feel like youve cheated death too many times, wonder what it would be like without that capability, and wonder at how you could have been so foolish as to let that happen...? :)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2011, 05:40:24 am »

Overseers log
Early winter; not much time.

My my, how time flies. I always thought of it to be slow and sluggish, but looking back I can clearly see that even though I accomplished ten times as much as anyone will, past present and future, I've only been here for less than a year.

Sirocco II, the resident noble JERK is feeling a little unhappy. Apparently someone has a nice tomb and he wants it destroyed. Well, I did some investigation work and some idiot gave the captain of the guard a fucking mausoleum! The baron's tomb sucks as it is. If I ever find the fucking ninny that gave the good tomb to a captain I'll bullwhip his nuts off.

I'm giving the mausoleum to Sirocco (that unkind jerk) and wiping the previous shit one off the toilet roll that is my conscience. 'I'm going to forget about it', in layman's terms.

Some alpaca starved to death. It's scary how little I care; something withering away in front of my eyes just isn't emotionally scarring.

Extra rooms were FINALLY finished. I swear, if these miners could go any slower they'd be digging backwards. Which is to say, reconstructing walls. If I planted an oak tree in honour of my miners it'd have grown to full height and died of old age before the miners actually did something. Then I could say, "Look, I planted a tree in honour of the starting of construction; look how big it has grown!". We found clear diamond; envy to he who owns that room.

23 adam wafers. What to make...? Well, our miners are all wielding high-quality picks. Our resident weaponsmith has reached the status of 'Master'. I gave him the name 'Godsend' for a reason.

Ordered more animals sacrificed to the gods. By that I mean MY BELLY.

Ordered more beds for my new living area. Fucking wood; I swear we're all elves when it comes to sleep.

I think we have our first dwarven murder mystery; I've discovered a strange scent coming from one of the miners rooms.

The fuck?

Sirocco ordered 3 lay pewter items. Since I don't know what the fuck that is I'll just let it slide. Whoops; I accidentally locked him in a room and forgot about it.

The local geographer told me that we're not getting much goblins due to our proximity to mountains and a peninsula. I slapped his face with my dick because...

...if you look closer at the second slide there are two fucking goblin strongholds right next to us. I assume they're not coming due to being elves.

I fell asleep during overseer duty and awoke to find nothing interesting happened. Ever. That's good.

No really I got distracted for a solid 10 mins and came back to find nothing dead.

Mid-winter. My time draws near.

Accidentally deleted a lot of text again. Man I'm tired.

For the first time ever since my start the miners are not busy.

Dwarven justice has taken a step-forward; the first ever dwarf to survive it has been released. Makes room from the jail for the next lay-pewter bandit.

Starting engraving the arena because idle miners have taken a shine to standing in it like tools.

Went through every single army-dwarf to check his weapon and see if it needed upgrading. Have to fashion up one axe and one sword.

A very quiet close to my awesome rule. I would have hoped something dramatic happened, but there you go. It's time for me to step down as overseer; I have heard the call of the gods and they want to take me back to lead them into their own golden age, just as I have here. I shall stand atop a wave of glorious women, with an instrument in one hand and a +Rope Reed Fiber Joint+ in the other.

God forsake this fucking place.

A fizzle ending because a lot of my writing got deleted and I didn't want to repeat myself but suffice it to say it wasn't interesting or fun.

Tevish you're still alive on Tevish II.

SAVE

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2011, 06:26:28 am »

miasma is done because military dwarves eat, go to room, and then go to train. leaving food in room.
which rots.
and is no longer touched. (maybe there's the five second rule, dunno)
that said...
every bad things unlucky things or anything else...is because OF THE SHADOWWW WMUAHUAHAUHAUHAUAHHAUA

*as spring comes, darkness looms*
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2011, 06:34:07 am »

Well, I did some investigation work and some idiot gave the captain of the guard a fucking mausoleum! The baron's tomb sucks as it is. If I ever find the fucking ninny that gave the good tomb to a captain I'll bullwhip his nuts off.

I'm giving the mausoleum to Sirocco (that unkind jerk) and wiping the previous shit one off the toilet roll that is my conscience. 'I'm going to forget about it', in layman's terms.

So you UNDORFED ME? I thought my dorf died earlier on your turn, in this post?

How come I am still alive and my dorf's nickname has been reset?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2011, 07:28:22 am »

more probably it might be that the same name same surname happened. and that is somebody else altogether.
it happens.
i had five or six urist mc something.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2011, 07:38:25 am »

I've got the save, and I'll begin in approximately 12 hours (in theory).
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2011, 08:01:56 am »

more probably it might be that the same name same surname happened. and that is somebody else altogether.
it happens.
i had five or six urist mc something.

Well I downloaded the save and it's the same dorf, same personality, missing arm and all.

Could you please redorf my dorf? He is still the captain of the guard. Give him a smallish tomb too, if you have the time :p

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2011, 03:29:49 pm »

Could you please redorf my dorf? He is still the captain of the guard. Give him a smallish tomb too, if you have the time :p

You got it!

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2011, 11:49:24 pm »

Yeah, that was actually my bad. I saved just before you ran into the FBs, then after you died. But my rickety piece of shit computer crashed afterwards. I tried to replicate you getting mauled but for some reason you were able to run away every time. I had already posted, so I figured 'fuck it' and undorfed.

Feel free to redorf; that was my bad.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2011, 01:09:13 am »

Wonderful.

Soon I will be able to Doom us all to Rot and Die.

Soon I will be able to make this Fortress a more Prosperous, Happy, Pleasant Place. It boils my blood to see how maliciously you... PEOPLE have been Treating these Dorfs.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24