Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Frozenvictims 2.0 - Terrifying Glacier succession fort  (Read 30141 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: Frozenvictims 2.0 - Terrifying Glacier succession fort
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2011, 04:06:34 am »

That reminds me - Did you remember to Dorf Me?
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2011, 04:17:21 am »

Hmm, nope. What dwarf would you like?
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2011, 06:06:20 am »

Hmm, nope. What dwarf would you like?

Nick Name: Lloyd Fisher.
Job: Surgeon or Engraver.
Personality: Strangely Detached from Reality (Stares into Space alot. Walks around with a Blank Look). Tends to be slightly Manic (Talks to himself under his breath. Tends to blend Anger and Euphoria in a weird way. Barely Sleeps. That kind of thing)

And ill sort out the rest of his Traits when its My turn :)
Its actually kind of beneficial that everyone forgot.
I was originally going to use Shane Alkire. One of My Two ridiculously detailed RP Characters.
But the way things are going, Lloyd Fisher will be better.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2011, 01:17:00 am »

Still mid-spring? Even time bends to my will; my rule will be a long one.

Work continues on the front entrance; cage traps have been removed. Fear not, I will replace them more efficiently. People tell me that cage traps are cowardly, but I care not for their whining. If they want to make a statement about a fair fight then they can say it to the great maw of a troll bearing down on them. 'Fight the powah', as kids these days often tell me.

A team of muskox have wandered near. I do not know if they're friendly, but I don't care. No overgrown cow is not going to boss my cage-trap removal team around! Two dogs gave birth at the same time. I have come to the conclusion they got each other pregnant. No contraception is that aligned without some kinky pre-meditation.

Mayor Nix has imposed a ban on bronze. At least she didn't want any bronze items in the first place; I don't think we could have made them. This entire place is void of flux and iron. The stones here are worthless, the metal useless. No cassiterite; no bronze. Bronze is our only hope of making decent weaponry and armour until I can find another vein of adamantine (or open up the caverns again). Stocks indicate 30 raw adamantines, 0 wafers (ugh) and 40 strands. I'm assigning more strand extractors to hurry production (from that strange man, Mr Therapist); when the new forges are ready I shall smelt all the strands into wafers. Then we can get started on weapon production! Huzzah!

Oh, I met quite an interesting fellow today. One, Lloyd Fisher. She is jittery, untrusting and seems concerned about rejection. Engraved a lovely picture of a spider too; but he keeps telling me it's that hairy crab, Cugo. Well, Cugo is dead. Long live the spider!

One silly overseer has toggled all engravings on in the dining/zoo areas. Silly. I've employed our otherwise idle engravers to make use of their useless talent all over the peasant's rooms what the fuck? The nobles rooms aren't engraved? Ok, work on that then. Wait no, if I did then the nobles would get jealous of each other's rooms. Peasants it is!

I had a long ass update from here but it all got deleted on accident; I hit shift+c instead of ctrl. Here's the short version.

Miners too slow, strand extractors too slow. Inducted 3 miners and 20 strand extractors from Mr Therapist.

Migrants! Every single one of them useless!

Work continues on the front gate; cage traps moved. Walls up. Cage traps at front and end; clustered mostly at the front to remove trolls, some at the back to catch those who manage to escape the weapon traps. Circular saws shall be my weapon of choice.

Update looked twice as long; DON'T JUDGE ME FOR SHORT LOOKIN' UPDATE.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2011, 03:13:57 am »

Great - Im a Woman apparently. :D
Funny, I must just be confused. *Looks down, Inquisitively*

As for the Update Length - Not that much is always gonna happen. Ive gone whole Years just letting Plants get Stockpiled, or sections of Building get carved out.
It doesnt make for good reading, but it happens.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:16:19 am by Chilton »

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2011, 05:30:57 am »

Official thoughts of the overseer and gift to all dwarfkind, Mitch.

Woe be he who did not embark on a flux/iron map! They shall feel my contempt! Iron circular saws shall not come to fruition; copper is shit and bronze is inaccessible. I suspect the weapon traps will be have to be made from the FUCKIN' SHIT quality weapons the goblins drop.

We lack the bins to hold all of my amazing new metals!

Hmm, my outdoor walls seem to occupy the space of a lot of the mechanisms of the cage traps.

Get fucked.

I have to move the mechanisms to the new furniture stockpile I like to call, 'The ex-shit hall', so named for it's previous use of wasting fucking space.

It's the start of summer; and little of my masonry has been completed. I've seen moody dwarves without ingredients work faster than these idiots. 35 idlers; we have too many stupid haulers. If I was insane I would call for a mass cleansing; send all the useless dwarves to lock themselves in the caverns and fight the remaining forgotten beasts. We killed four; there are still fucking more.

The elves have arrived; Nix is asking me not to send her to deal with those smelly asshats. I complied. I instead sent Nix, our military commander, to steal from those smelly asshats.

55 idlers? We have 11 woodworkers, 22 craftdwarves, 37 useless twat farmers and 50 animals. The voice in my head tells me, "The FPS is too low; slaughter the animals..." I complied. 30 animals, mostly dogs, have been sent to the caverns, where I will airlock them to get slaughtered by the Beasties. A sketch is coming soon!

My rooms have not been dug out yet. Most displeasing. I have officially branded all miners, 'tossers', until they do. On the plus side the metal excavation and stockpiles have been dug out. They found clear diamond! Most excellent!

Rooms have been completed, 'tosser' titles have been removed. Now commencing werewolf cage placement and kimberlite road construction. I could have a fancy room, but I'm a man of the people. And by people I mean I hate listening to nobles complain about how better I am and thus my room is than them. On a related note we need a jail; a noble is about to punish an innocent for not making 'lay pewter'. Turns out you need tin, copper and lead. We aren't rolling around in fucking tin you twats...

Placed in the food stockpile to prevent DEATH BY BEING RETARDED AND NOT ASKING FOR FOOD.

Hahaha! We have lots of silver! Silver warhammers for the weapon traps! I'm a genius! Ordered 90 because I'm too awesome. Can't have too many traps. Now how we're going to get 90 silver bars... well, I think we have enough ore. We're carrying 25 silver bars as it is. I think I'll be able to let forge and smelt on auto-pilot. Auto-smelting galena because of the higher chance for yielding silver.

Splendid. Nobles ask for quality, I ask for fucking class. Wall engraving coming soon. In celebration I expanded the peasant's rooms. I get the feeling that something is coming; nothing rage-inducing has happened recently. In fact, the mood around here is quite good. Industrious. Nothing has killed us in quite a while, but that's probably because we're pussies. We've gotten a total of TWO goblins killed. Ever. We suck.

That's going to change when my silver warhammers are finished... OoOOOohhh they'll feel the sting...

Speaking of the holy justice of a silver hammer; our captain of the guard is going to inflict it now. Some common metal-crafter; nothing serious. He is the first criminal we have so far. Arena has begun planning

Dwarven justice, first delivered on 17th Hematite!

Sirocco banned all export of earrings. What a nasty man. Earrings are part of our craft trade!

Arena planned out. I know I'm a 'dabbling' architect, but man am I awesome.

Sort looks like that spider Chilton made for me, eh?

A blacksmith entered a mood. Possession; though not like it matters. The fucksmith is already a legendary metalsmith; and how he got to that stage I'll never know. Were the previous rulers ordering metal furniture? Knowing the insanity of this place it's safe to assume.

Nix has been overthrown! Huzzah! This new asshole likes a more accessible metal; iron. It's Nix's fault for not making public appearances these days; something to do with being at training every day, every week. Yes, my doing. I don't care. A note to all future overseers, melt down goblin weapons and armour for this dude.

I have assigned the lowest quality chair and table in order to cater for his bookkeeping needs.

I also removed all other armoursmiths from service. I'm the only good one; legendary in fact. Wait, what the fuck?

Uhh... We have 800 units of booze. He died in the middle of the fucking dining room. How on earth did this stupid twat drop dead from thirst? We're literally living in frozen water! I suspect there's a suicide cult around here, him being the only member. I do have my eye on the rest of these ninnies, though there is no one thirsty in the health report...

Oh man, I completely forgot about the dog sacrifice. I've ordered an air lock be placed. This will take fucking forever seeing as though dwarves need walk 500 miles (and Iiii would walk 500 more, just tah be the man who walks a thousand miles to fall down at your door) to get to the magma-sea/3rd cavern level.

In the meantime I've drafted 5 novice mechanics to speed along the trap-installing process, including that weirdo SHADE. Speaking of shit taking too long; the forges have finally been mined out. Man, these miners are slow as FUCK. Speaking of FUCK, HOLY FUCK. We actually had lay pewter; enough for the stupid mandate from earlier! Agh, now I feel downright silly. That metalcrafter gave his life away for nothing. That's not saying much because his life was worthless, but still...

Weapon production too fucking slow. After all this time, 3 weaponsmiths produce 4 hammers. Gigantic fucks are given. Fuck the fucking pair of forges; not enough. One is taken by the legendary cocksmith in a mood. Added 2 more unskilled weaponsmiths to the roster until we can get a fucking gravytrain of legendary weaponsmiths going. Maaan I'm so tired of stupid shit. Oh, get your fuckin' knickers in a twist about digging ABOVE the magma, why don't ye... Don't fuckin' cancel on me boy-o...

Migrant assholes have arrived. I dont give a shit unless one of you is a weaponsmith... Lets see...

A high master mechanic (YES), a dyer, a peasent, a gemsmith (fabulous...), a weaver, a pumper, some other useless shit... AHAHA! YES.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE A FUCKING WEAPONSMITH. THE SHITS OF A THOUSAND EMPIRES ARE GIVEN.

I HOPE HE DOESN'T GET TRAMPLED BY THE NEARBY RAINDEER. KNOWING MY LUCK HE WILL.

Nicknamed him the Godsend.

And on a final note, I did not finish the air-lock. I got stuck on the inside. Silly me.

That was long...

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2011, 05:47:42 am »

Dwarf me.

Name:Patchy
Skills: Any millitary skill.

Notes on patchy: Hes more down to earth, has an eyepatch and an australlian accent. He likes killing goblins and elves. And hes usually calm while hitting them in the head with something sharp, pointy or crushing.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2011, 06:34:50 am »

Do I feel your Lust for Violence rising?

Arena Mode > Those Small Rooms in the Bottom Left > Water+Magma to seal a Room > Spawn in a nice Victim > Go in with a Lash and a Flail > Let off some of that Hate.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2011, 10:01:41 am »

because the shadowman cannn
the shadowman cannn.
*candyman notes*
more beasts, more problems, more breaks and more idling. perfect. my influence is growing. arena? perfect, more ways to make a disaster possible.
placing me as a trapplacer? EVEN BETTER. come on, i will personally manipulate this traps to make sure they won't even scratch my secret allies...everything is going to be sooo perfect.. MWUAHUAHAUHUAHAUHUAHUAHUAHA
"BREAK TIME!!!"
"BREAK!"
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2011, 11:58:20 pm »

Do I feel your Lust for Violence rising?

Arena Mode > Those Small Rooms in the Bottom Left > Water+Magma to seal a Room > Spawn in a nice Victim > Go in with a Lash and a Flail > Let off some of that Hate.

I like to think of this as selective culling for the greater good of...

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2011, 05:11:54 am »

Overseers log, starting mid-summer.

It's been 1 and a half seasons since I took over and I'm doing a damn fine job. In order to celebrate my newfound title of 'God Among Dwarves' I have ordered all dogs to be made sacrifice to the remaining Forgotten Beasts in order to please Armok, who ever so dearly whispers into my ear, "The Eff-Peh-Ehs is not enough. More blood."

Air-lock had to be re-done twice; important dwarves keep getting stuck in it. Including me!

Sketch of the sacrifice coming... Magma forges are up and running.

The stink of that dead jerk rots the fuck out of me when I'm smithing. Why people don't drag him to the corpse pile I'll never know... Is it something to do with him being stuck in the forge? I don't know; but we do not have any more available coffins, much to my dismay (putting closer to my actual feelings, fuckin' pissed). I've ordered some coffins which I made earlier be placed along the long stretch of time-wasting walk at the entrance. The first thing goblins will see when some idiot dooms us all is the dead, with curses on their tombs against invaders.

Despite the order of Armok, dogs refuse to stop making puppies faster then a speeding crossbow bolt.

The fuck?

Agh, a high-master doctor got stuck in the air lock. Shit, why can't a fucking peasant do work for once?

The new mayor seems to have gotten too big for his booties; he's demanding a flute. A single one. That's... tame, but unnervingly elvish. I got my eye on this guy. Why do I even order a flute? Ah, figured it out...

Okay; show time!

Here is the air-lock being done; I removed the wall on the top right, letting in beasties. I quickly rush the dwarf to safety and order him to reseal the entrance.

Something went wrong! The dwarf was immediately pounced on as he removed the wall; they were waiting just outside! We did not have vision! They're storming the OPEN airlock; all military dispatched. Not shown here are THREE MORE FBs! All exploding in their fuckin' stupid secretions!

This would be more glorious if it was fucking safe! After this they'll turn on our nearby metal-smithing dwarfs!

A pair of idiots; one sent to slaughter a fucking baby cow, the other sent to mine a randomly designated single tile, stand meters away from three beasts (one not shown).

Here we have two FBs; one who has been injured from fucking dogs, the other has rotten its own heart with poison. I think the day might be saved. The symptoms on the guy who got caught removing the wall (and he escaped), seem to be dizziness and numbness. God bless non-fatal syndromes!

The military charges; not much can be seen in the dust. I can tell there are now FOUR beasts.

[
The first fatality is Uggi, the captain of the guard. He will not be missed. Nix has a mangled arm. This... will end badly. Our dwarves are very poorly trained and equipped; we do not have numbers. We have not even killed a single one, though many are injured. Whose bright idea was it to lock all of them away? They're much easier to fight one by one!...

In the end we win. We only lost Uggi, though many are injured and infected by syndromes whose effects are not known. I do apologise about the lack of sketchings; most of it was lost in a flurry of dust and shit.

I have learnt a lesson in humility this day. Not of me, but of my people. We are weak. I'm great. I must make us great. If only we had the manpower... training is too slow, trap weapons are too slow, strand extracting is too slow, we can't equip everyone with our current stocks, we can't mine more without exploratory search (AKA definite cavern piercing).

On the agenda is our military.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2011, 05:39:58 am »

Oh, sweet carnage! Are there any fun details in my combat log before I died? Dismembering perhaps?

I have one request: place the bag with the image made from centipede leather in my tomb. You should find it in my office, unless someone has moved it.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2011, 05:54:15 am »

HAHA!

Brilliant.
Fucking Brilliant.

One Moment.

Good 'Ol Cugo!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:11:41 am by Chilton »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2011, 06:10:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rest in Peace you silly Hammerdwarf ;)

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2011, 07:30:01 am »

How exciting! I hope this Fun continues into my turn!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24