Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Frozenvictims 2.0 - Terrifying Glacier succession fort  (Read 30105 times)

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Frozenvictims 2.0 - Terrifying Glacier succession fort
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2011, 10:12:27 pm »

Uggi's journal: Year 8, Hematite 4

It's early summer. But you can't really tell it because it's always FREEZING COLD in this hellhole. The ice never melts! And I was just informed that we have no food left. WE HAVE NO FOOD. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

I demanded an explanation from Nix, the bookkeeper. Her books clearly state that we have plenty of food! But nothing of it is actually edible! Apparently she counts all the barrels of tallow as food! We can't eat tallow, it's disgusting! I'll have some kitchens built so the cooks can mix the tallow with booze. Thank Armok for booze, it makes anything edible!

All the stray animals will be butchered. They're starving here anyway because the grass doesn't grow on this cursed glacier! And I'm not going to have them pastured in the caverns attracting the horrors and abominations from the depths.

There's also a pair of pet turkeys and geese, so I'll have nest boxes built for them, hopefully they'll lay some eggs. And what are the farmers doing? Planting PIG TAIL SEEDS? Dig them up and plant some plump helmets instead!

Hematite 8

I'm sure Tevish will be interested in this. A werewolf walked straight into one of the cage traps he had installed!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hematite 13

We have to prepare for the human caravan which hopefully will arrive later in this summer. A new trading depot will be constructed closer to the workshops. I know Tevish had planned a hospital there, but right now it's the only place where I can fit a trading depot. With the logs siezed from his beloved elfs (sidenote: there's something deeply wrong with that dwarf) we can make some bins for our trade goods.

Hematite 21

TO HELL with dwarven bureaucracy! Of course nobody informed me when our outpost was upgraded to a village! Nix is now the mayor, and apparently I was DEMOTED from the sheriff's position because of some PILE OF FORMS were stamped with a wrong kind of stamp or maybe the INK was the wrong color or ONLY ARMOK KNOWS what went wrong! Well, because I'm still the overseer here, I can promote myself to Captain of the Guard. HA!

In other news, the weaponsmith managed to forge another copper pick. Good, because Nix really needs her office and quarters and the miners are still working on the new main corridor.

Hematite 24

A breakthrough! We can start using the new main corridor! It's still narrow in some points, but the route sure is shorter to the surface now.

Malachite 6

The food stocks are gradually increasing, I think we just avoided a famine. The new main corridor is fully finished and we can finally start digging the mayor's office and quarters for Nix.

Malachite 9

Nix is clearly disappointed that her office is still not ready. She just placed a ban on exporting bronze items! I don't think we even have anything made out of bronze in this fortress. I'm afraid she'll realize that and next time she wants some bronze items made. That means more work for me because then I would have to kick someone's ass for not fulfilling her stupid mandate.

Malachite 13

Nix's quarters are now dug out. Sirocco II and his two apprentices are smoothing the place out. Sirocco II is as annoyingly cheerful as ever, singing aloud while they're working. I can see the apprentice engravers have gained some skill and are doing their work faster. Much faster. As if they are in a hurry to get the job done quickly. Sirocco II is such a good motivator for them.

Malachite 19

I just realized we have tons of kaolinite, which could be used to make valuable porcelain crafts and statues. I think I'll order some magma kilns to be constructed. Too bad the magma workshops are so deep down under the fortress. It will take days, if not weeks, to haul the stones there and the finished products back up.

Malachite 21

The miners have found a tetrahedrite vein 35 levels below the living areas. It's not much but at least the copper can be used to forge more picks. There's a small chance we'll get some silver out of it too.

Malachite 25

Migrants showed up again. Only 7 of them this time, poor bastards. Maybe the true stories about this place have finally reached the mountainhomes.

Malachite 26

EXCITING NEWS!

Today when the creepy miner, Shady or something, dug another opening through the roof of the magma sea for the magma kilns, he caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a vein of raw adamantine! It's not far from the forges, but the location sure looks dangerous. I told the miners to dig towards the vein in hope that we will get a better view of it.

Galena 14

Human caravan arrived. After they entered our courtyard I ordered the front gate closed behind them. With the recent appearances of goblin snatchers, I'm afraid they might have followed the caravan.

Galena 18

Both the discovery of the adamantine vein and the goblins are making me really nervous. I have to get the barracks up and the militia training now! Some of the dwarves here are already recruited in Nix's squad. I think it's better to relieve Nix from her bookkeeping duties and let her organize some training with her squad. I went through the personal records of the whole population here and I found this otherwise useless lye maker with some record keeping skills, she'll be our new bookkeeper. I also found someone who can be our manager.

I ended up splitting Nix's squad, Lashes of Modesty, to make the training more efficient. Sirian is now leading another squad, The Oily Bears, and I lead the fortress guard, Armored Obscurity. That makes 14 of us. We have a shortage of weapons and armor though. Barracks will be built at the end of the new main corridor, so the militia can keep an eye of the main stairway in case of any thieves try to sneak in.

Galena 27

Nix traded goods with the humans. We gave them our lowest quality crafts in exchange of logs, cages, booze, food, leather and cloth. The human merchants looked very happy. I was happy too to get rid of all that junk in our stockpiles.

Galena 28

I designed some new office spaces. The new bookkeeper and manager will get their own small offices instead of just a chair in the crowded dining room. And I think Tevish could use an office for his scientific projects. It's best for everyone that he keeps them away from the public eye, people are whispering when he walks by. The things I've heard ... I can only hope they're just rumors. Anyway, Nix deserves a permanent office too as she's the militia commander. She's got the mayor's office now, but there will be elections and new mayors in the future.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2011, 02:37:11 am »

"hey chief"
"what...shade?"
"IT'S SHADE OVERSEER!!! I FOUND ADAMANTINE! PRAISE ME!!!" *goes off running to eat something. maybe tallow and booze
MWUHAUHAUAHUAH STUPID STUPID IDIOTS! ADAMANTINE WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL!!! FOR THE DEEP PITS OF HELL DO NOT WORRY MY BROTHERS! I WILL FREE YOUUUUU!!!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2011, 02:00:34 pm »

Entertaining turn so far, don't give up!
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2011, 10:56:00 pm »

Uggi's journal: Year 8, Limestone 1

Early autumn. Our master chef discovered that if you first mix tallow with tallow and then mix THAT with more tallow, it makes a masterful tallow stew that is edible! There's no need to waste any booze here! The chef's a genius!

Limestone 16

Nix is organizing some combat training with her squad, excellent!

Limestone 20

Humans are leaving. Nix's and Sirian's squads are stationed outside in case of a goblin ambush.

Limestone 21

We got a better view of the adamantine vein and also found ANOTHER vein!

Looks like there's some local wildlife in the magma sea too. The miners can continue digging towards the first vein, at this rate we will reach it in just a few days.

Limestone 23

The smelters have been running hot for a while and we've managed to get some metal bars. These will be used to forge a few picks and weapons. It's hammer time!

Limestone 28

Damn it! The miners have dug out the area right above the adamantine vein. The vein doesn't continue above the magma sea. Digging downwards into the center of the vein wouldn't give much adamantine, and who knows what's inside. I think the vein should be encased in obsidian and the edges mined out first. I'm sending the miners towards the second vein now.

Sandstone 6

I've received complaints from scared haulers. They're afraid of the monsters under the stairs. The WHAT? I had to see this myself. Well, for once they were right! Standing in the staircase leading down to the magma workshops, I could see straight into the cavern -- and I saw the HORRIBLE SPAWNS OF EVIL WITH HORNS AND ALL ...yeah, right. The idiot haulers didn't notice that they are TINY and present no real danger to anyone here.

The real danger comes from the GAPING HOLE that goes through the cavern roof at the end of the stairs. It's been there for who knows how long! The hole must be covered immediately before something bigger with wings flies straight into the fortress.

Sandstone 18

Another set of fools arrived today. Total of 9 migrants. Only one of them is useful, a swordsdwarf. He'll be drafted into Sirian's squad.

Sandstone 20

The miners reached the second vein of adamantine. This one continues up from the magma sea! Excellent! That creepy miner was again first at the scene. It's like he really wants to dig right into the vein, unlike the other miners who have respect and fear in their eyes when they approach the vein. I told them to dig around it and then continue upwards to see how far it goes.

Timber 1

Looks like the vein goes only one level above the magma sea. Anyway, most of it looks pretty safe to mine!

Timber 5

When the miners were clearing out the area above the adamantine vein, they punched through the wall into a cavern. Looks like it's the same cavern we had already found, but the hole revealed some new areas with a third adamantine vein! Praise the miners! This time, however, that creepy bastard wasn't around. I was already getting suspicious of him.

The miners saw only a glimpse of an adamantine cavern floor. I'm sending Nix's squad into the cavern to explore the area.

Timber 11

A crundle sneaked into the fortress from the hole in the cavern wall, mostly because the militia were still trying to decide what kind of socks they would like to wear on duty. The crundle was freaking out everybody in the magma workshop area and scratched a hauler, until Nix got there, chased the thing around and managed to corner it. She left a bloody mess.

Timber 12

A caravan from the mountainhomes arrived with a liaison. Meanwhile, when Nix's squad members were still picking up shields and stuff, Nix had a nice walk alone in the cavern and reported that the third adamantine vein rises up in the cavern at least three levels high. And there's probably one more level underneath before it submerges into the magma sea. She then proceeded to dismember another crundle.

Timber 20

Merchants are unloading their goods in a brand new trading depot. The temporary one built in Tevish's hospital area was deconstructed and the hospital can now be finished. I'm calling Nix's squad out from the cavern, she's the broker and needed at the trade depot. Also the retarded outpost liaison is running circles in the cavern, following her. The cavern will be walled off for now.

Timber 26

Nix, you're heading the wrong way! She got two crundle kills and now she's all for military and doesn't care about making business anymore! Well, her husband Kogan is a novice appraiser, so I'll let him do the trading instead. Naturally he's on a break right now.

Speaking of Nix, our potters sure like her luscious figure. These are going into her quarters, they're worth 500 dwarf bucks each.

Timber 28

I was wondering where Tevish is. His hospital is almost ready and I'm sure he would like to be there when it's officially opened. Finally found him SLEEPING IN THE CAVERN. With a lady! Fikod, the mason, apparently constructed the wall that's supposed to seal the cavern, from the WRONG SIDE, sealing herself and Tevish in the cavern. What Tevish was doing there, I don't know, and he's not telling.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2011, 11:43:58 pm »

(OOC: I thought I had the hole to the caverns plugged by ordering an up stair constructed over the up/down stair that broke into the caverns.  there was one before my turn, and another that I opened in caverns 3.  Are you certain you've identified which one was leaking crundles?)

Bestiary of the Portentous Planet - As compiled in Frozenvictims upon the Frost of Ages by Noted Academic and Scientist Tevish Szat, Master of Flesh and Bone, from His Own Research.

CANIS LUPUS HORRIBLIS (Werewolf) - A fascinating creature.  In addition to its lupine features, it has many dwarven (or perhaps more accurately, human) traits.  While it is built for running on all fours, it seems to be quite capable of moving in a bipedal fashion.  Investigation of my caged specimen suggests that their musculature is truly unique, and my own observations lead me to believe that the old tale of these creatures having once been humans may, in fact, have some basis in reality.  Certainly, such a creature as this did not occur naturally.  If it were possible to extract and distill some essence of the supernatural from these and similar beasts, I have no doubt that controlled application to dwarves could give our soldiers the heightened strength and awareness of the wolf.  I am not yet sure if it will be possible to make such an extract, as I have no equipment at the time of this writing.  Even if it does become possible at some future date, I am sure obstructive bureaucrats will ask me to consider the potential side-effects.  I ask them this now: even if it would drive the conscripts into an unstoppable blood-rage or some other nonsense, would they not still rend our enemies asunder, as intended?  It would simply require they be housed and cared for differently, much as soldiers and civilians now are differentiated.

I have also noticed an intelligence behind the thing's eyes, suggesting that while I have been unsuccessful in communicating with the creature, our animal handlers would be similarly incapable of taming and training it for war.  I will make my formal recommendation to our mayor that its cage be set up at some convenient location and used to found a zoo, at least until such a time as medical research again requires its assistance.

From the desk of Tevish Szat - Chief Medical Dwarf
I was in the caverns to obtain samples of the local flora and fauna for research.  Anyone who says otherwise is imagining things, and furthermore is a terrible liar who should not be listened to under any circumstances.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2011, 12:35:43 am »

MWUAHUAHUAHUA THREE VEINS YES! MY MROTHERS! the time has come for you to ri...
"shade, stop digging"
"ehm...yes glorious overseer"
damn, i'll do it. just a bit more, a tiny bit more and everything would have been perfect
"shade, stop digging now, not in five minutes"
"darn it chief! i love digging! fine" *muttering ancient daemonic curses in an un-hearable language before going elsewhere.
the overseer is just lucky, he discovered the hole for the cavern for the long forgotten yet to come beasts, but thats just luck.
tevish will never know that he risked death by the hand of a possessed dwarf of mine. i haunted that female to go move her ass and close themselves down to death.
didnt work...but one day...one sodding day...
oh tallow roast for dinner. Lucky me. i wonder what's in this a part tallow...it can't be only tallow! MWUAHUAHUAHUAHAUHUA *creepy laughs are heard everywhere once more.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2011, 07:58:07 am »

(OOC: I thought I had the hole to the caverns plugged by ordering an up stair constructed over the up/down stair that broke into the caverns.  there was one before my turn, and another that I opened in caverns 3.  Are you certain you've identified which one was leaking crundles?)

Let's see. I still got the save from that day. The yellow X is the cursor, just to be clear.

Z-118: Here's the hauler that soiled his pants. That staircase goes from -76 down to -128:

Z-128: The staircase ends here, the one in the left. Notice it's an up/down staircase. That middle one going upstairs is constructed and leads nowhere, is this the one you meant? The one in right continues down into magma workshops.

Z-129: One level below. Flyers can get in from here, I think. The green up/down staircase in the middle is unreachable. And it doesn't lead into caverns.

Z-130: Aaand here's the crundle.

Edit: Found a patched hole a few levels below:

Z-133: The up staircase in the right is constructed. Someone has patched a hole there.

Z-134: If it were an up/down staircase, there would be a hole for flyers.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:28:09 am by uggi »

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2011, 10:09:17 am »

Talk about holes

Actually, you might notice I have two long, narrow shafts. The lower one has a bridge installed with a lever on the first fortress level exactly because of this. I even mentioned it in my update.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2011, 08:39:46 pm »

Had much Fun today. It's winter, Sirocco II is already singing dwarfmas songs and the floors are decorated with blood. Hopefully can finish the turn tomorrow. Need to sleep now.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2011, 03:06:43 am »

Had much Fun today. It's winter, Sirocco II is already singing dwarfmas songs and the floors are decorated with blood. Hopefully can finish the turn tomorrow. Need to sleep now.

shade is singing the funeral march everywhere. especially when people are sleeping/ or are about to wake up.
and nobody will ever find him....for he his THE SHADOW.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2011, 10:51:16 pm »

"ooooooohhh...WE WISH YOU A MERRY DWARFMAS, WE WISH YOU A MERRY DWARFMAS, WE WISH YOU A MERRY DWARFMAS AND A DEAD GOBLIN! GOOD TIDINGS WE BRING, TO YOU AND ARMOK, NOW FALL DOWN A DIE! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!"
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2011, 12:02:38 pm »

Uggi's journal: Year 8, Moonstone 1

I've been trying to decide if I'm going to send the miners for the blue metal -- I might just leave it to the next overseers, and prepare the fortress for the inevitable results instead. So, here's my project for the winter, the catacombs! The bigger rooms are for nobles and overseers, the smaller chambers can be filled with coffins of the common people.

Our dead are currently resting in the surface level. Their coffins thrown in a corridor, surrounded by soil. Filthy elves walking by the coffins, for Armok's sake. That's no respectable place for the dead. They will be relocated down here.

The new office spaces aren't done yet. I'm sending some of the recent useless migrants to help Sirocco II and his team.

Moonstone 8

The new broker finally showed up at the trading depot and traded some of our crafts for metal bars, wood, cages, booze, a few weapons, sand, two anvils, food, thread, cloth and some armor.

I took a closer look of some of the crafts made here. This subject seems very popular on figurines. Some elf killing a goblin. I'd rather see figurines of dead elves!

And then the depressing tale of Zon. An example of the lies they tell people back in the mountainhomes. Zon was told there would be unicorns here.

What on earth happened to the last year's dwarven caravan? The liaison was fired after they got back to the mountainhomes.

The caravan had this crutch for sale. Cavernyouth was created here just a few months ago, when the filthy elves were here. Interesting, news really travel fast.

Anyway, after the trading was done, I ordered Kogan to give the rest of the trinkets and some of our best tallow roasts as an offering to the king. Now let's just make sure they leave this place alive.

Moonstone 9

I ordered a wood furnace, an ashery and a soap maker's workshop to be constructed. I think we need some soap before we open the hospital.

Moonstone 11

Nix is ignoring the outpost liaison. As a mayor she's supposed to go through all the boring meetings with the liaison! With the huge offering to the caravan I want to make sure everything goes by the book. When Nix went to sleep in her quarters and the outpost liaison followed her, I locked the door behind them. They're not coming out without a deal of some sort. (Top left: my rooms/fortress guard barracks. Top right: Nix's rooms. Middle: bookkeeper's and broker's offices. Bottom left: Tevish's rooms. Bottom right: rooms for the next mayor under construction.)

Meanwhile, the hole in the cavern wall was STILL open after Fikod the UTTERLY STUPID mason had to tear it down to get out of the caverns. I had told the other masons to fix the hole NOW, but they were too busy having breaks. Of course right then A HUGE CENTIPEDE FROM THE DEPTHS OF HELL comes crawling through it. One of the miners (not the creepy one) was down there and raised an alarm. I'm sending the militia down to take care of it. Me included.

Moonstone 12

While Lorbam, the new swordsdwarf was trying to figure out whether to go into battle or store some crap into a stockpile, her wife was dismembered by the centipede. The rest of the civilians down there made it behind doors. But the beast is so huge the locked doors won't hold it long. They named the beast "ùshrirössek", or "Quakecouncil".

Moonstone 13

I think Nix got the message. She's now having a meeting with the outpost liaison. I yelled her through the locked door to order some wood, metal bars and sand bags from the mountainhomes. Then I ran downstairs to face the centipede.

(The handwriting changes, like someone had written it with their wrong hand. There are blood and ichor stains covering the pages.)

The events of moonstone 14 to 16

Me, Sirian and Litast were there when the centipede suddenly crashed right through the locked doors. The war dogs chained near the doors caught its attention first. It teared one of the dogs apart before we could even move. I tried to hit it with my war hammer but missed. Sirian barely managed to scratch it. The centipede charged straight at me, bite me on my left arm crushing my bones, and in one quick motion ripped it off just below the elbow. While it was mauling me Sirian and Litast got a few hits through. Then it turned into Litast and ripped her foot off.

That damned thing was just so fast. It suddenly stopped eating Litast alive and with lightning speed ran past Sirian and Oddom, who just got there. I was stumbling away trying to stop the bleeding from the shredded stump that was once my arm.

Thank Armok it ignored me, it just ran past me and disappeared upstairs where the magma workshops are. Sirian and Oddom ran after it. I feared that it would go straight up into the heart of the fortress, and I went after them. Just as I managed to climb the stairs up, I saw the thing coming back at me. The reinforcements had arrived at the scene, but the monster was between them and me. It was still in full strength, only slightly cut and bruised.

I had no choice but to turn around and run back downstairs. Then it again zoomed past me. I don't know why it left me alive. I was sure it would finish Litast off, as she was laying in the corridor in a pool of her blood, still in a shock.

But it wasn't interested of Litast. It ran past her, up the stairs towards the first adamantine vein we had found. The chamber is a dead end, there's no other exit. Cornered and enraged, it turned back to face us. There were again only three of us: me, Sirian and Tulon. I don't know where the reinforcements went. Probably to change their pants, those cowards.

It attacked Sirian and started to rip his limbs off. I pummeled it with my shield, since my war hammer was laying somewhere in the bloody corridor, probably my left arm still grasping it. Tulon hacked the monster with her axe. Our attempts to save Sirian only bruised the monster some more.

Next thing I know, Tulon lowers her axe, lets out a frustrated scream and roundhouse-kicks the centipede right in head with a sickening crunch, and the monster just drops dead on the floor. What a woman.

I immediately ordered the hospital opened, I don't care if we have no soap yet. Sirian is our best soap maker. Oh the irony. I'm not sure if he ever makes it back to the hospital, he's in bad shape.

Moonstone 17

While all the bloodshed was happening, Nix had all the necessary meetings with the liaison. Good for them that I survived, nobody knew that I locked them in Nix's office. This is what the mountainhomes ordered from us. In addition to the usual trinkets, they want fish. From a frozen glacier. Idiots.

Moonstone 20

Finally that cursed hole in the cavern wall has been closed! And this time the mason constructed it from the fortress side of the wall. The outpost liaison was already going to leave the fortress through the caverns, that fool. The caravan is about to leave too, I'm sending the militia up to guard the front gate when it's opened.

Sirian has survived his injuries. He sure is one tough soldier, still on duty, hopping the stairs up with one leg. I just hope he gets back up before he starves to death. Someone carried him halfway up the stairs, but then left him there. Litast was rescued all the way up and is now resting in a hospital bed.

Moonstone 21

Most of the catacombs are dug out. I told the miners to forget the catacombs for now and go widen the corridor leading down into the magma workshops. There's so much traffic going down there nowadays that it's getting crowded. Also another safety bridge is being built, to seal the corridors leading to the admantine veins, in case of something like that damn centipede gets in again.

Moonstone 25

Great. The merchants were leaving and got out into our courtyard. Then some fool told our soldiers stationed there that we just bought some new weapons and armor from the merchants. So the MORONS are now heading down to the trading depot to get the new equipment. Now there's only three of them guarding the caravan.

Opal 4

Praise Armok, both the caravan and the liaison got out of here safe and alive!

The glacier was quiet, no sight of goblins. Only some elks and a polar bear in distance. Nix chased the bear a bit until I told her to leave it alone. A moment later the same bear chased someone's pet cavy and was caught in a cage trap. Another specimen for Tevish, I guess. He had already asked to put the werewolf cage displayed somewhere. I might just have the time to build a small zoo.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2011, 12:23:13 pm »

my kin send me a hand SHADE murmured near the adamantine veins, standing alone, there, muttering in an ancient tongue.
THE SHADOW SHALL HAVE MORE THAN ONE HANDS was the answer which came as a low rumble. I smiled wickedly and went down to where the hole was, and then started slowly walking back up:
"hey SHADE could you move? i have to go close the hole asap"
"no need, i was ordered to do it, and did it"
"oh really? thanks you're a life saver! booze time?"
"you go! i'll call a couple friends more!"
and so, i moved the fools to have a break.
THE SHADOW will have it's allies...unluckily a miner saw my helping hands. i cleared the scene and faked ignorance, while the crawler should have reached the vein to dug it open with its claws and call forth my kin...unluckily they didn't send an adamantium-clawed crawler but a normal one. Those idiots down there. he did chew half alive a couple of dwarves, and the overseer was wounded and had to open up the hospital though...
but soon...soon.
"MWUAHUAHAUHAUHUAHAUHAUHAUHAUHAUHA MWUHAUAHUAHUAHUHAUHAHUAUAHUAHUAH" *is heard in the banket hall
"really! it's really funny how you said that joke!"
"shade i wasn..."
"WMUAHUAHUAH ohhh come on! MWUAUAHUAHAUHHAU so funny! have to go back and dig. You guys, keep drinking, i'll cover up your turns too"
*shade leavesé
"he's creepy, but he sures works a lot" "yeah"

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2011, 12:44:09 pm »

(OOC: What happened with Olnol in the whole cave crawler incident?  Was our previous werewolf-killing champion another of the failures to report?  Or was she somehow removed from the military?)
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2011, 01:23:25 pm »

(OOC: What happened with Olnol in the whole cave crawler incident?  Was our previous werewolf-killing champion another of the failures to report?  Or was she somehow removed from the military?)

She's still in the military. Probably never got down there in time, or went half-way there and then decided to go back and pick up a new sock or something.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24