Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: Frozenvictims 2.0 - Terrifying Glacier succession fort  (Read 30024 times)

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
Re: Frozenvictims 2.0 - Terrifying Glacier succession fort
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2011, 05:10:13 pm »

I'll gladly oversee, PM me when it gets to my turn.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 04:56:59 am »

I was sucked in by TF2 ( played with a friend) and Dead Island ( played alone), but expect an update later today when I get home.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 01:50:27 pm »

looking forward to it.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2011, 11:48:32 am »

*whistles*

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2011, 02:11:06 am »

at this point, I recommend you just start your turn, Tevish. Mormota has clearly been eaten by the Real-Life monster.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2011, 12:44:37 pm »

Did I miss a save being uploaded, or are you suggesting I start "Frozenvictims III - Cursed Terrifying Glacier Succession Fort" and hope to not be struck by lightning on a clear day?  Because if the latter, I'd let it run a couple days more, so we're not in the weekend where those of us without cave adaption (like me) go "outside".

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2011, 02:19:01 pm »

Did I miss a save being uploaded, or are you suggesting I start "Frozenvictims III - Cursed Terrifying Glacier Succession Fort" and hope to not be struck by lightning on a clear day?  Because if the latter, I'd let it run a couple days more, so we're not in the weekend where those of us without cave adaption (like me) go "outside".
I was suggesting savescumming, but starting a new topic might be better if we're just going to be left to sit around, waiting for mormota to post for days on end.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2011, 04:19:46 pm »

Well, I suppose if we don't hear from Mormota today, I'll see if the Frozenvictims curse gets me too tomorrow.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2011, 04:30:59 pm »

holy crap...I just looked at his profile, he was on today! that...that means...he really doesn't even care about his own thread! he's simply ignoring it! :'(
EDIT: He spends his entire time in the lower forums!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2011, 09:05:45 am »

I AM BACK! Fear not! I have the year played out. My internet is bad though, so I'll only upload it tomorrow. BUT I AM BACK!

Edit: Hell, I'll upload it today. The year was fairly uneventful, a werewolf killed by the caravan and three dwarves died from thirst. I'll upload pictures and write the Autumn and Winter update tomorrow only though.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:41:20 am by Mormota »
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2011, 11:06:37 am »

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2011, 11:37:24 am »

(Not nearly as bad off as I was worried...)

Flesh and bone.  In this forbidding wasteland, they are our only solace, our sole hope of survival against the enemies of ice and snow.  Certainly, metal is strong, and stone is strong, but flesh is stronger!  My first act as overseer of this place shall be to take stock of what flesh we possess

And trim out the fat

I only hope this place has a butcher’s shop, but my records seem to indicate we’re lacking on that.  Due to the… problems inherent in working in the outside world, I’m going to need a seprate fortress wing for such noisome process.
I also need workshops where I can find them, an office for our manager, and a trade depot somewhere.  But, we have the flesh.  It will be done.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2011, 12:23:02 pm »

I make Nix our new bookkeeper.  Records are important.  Much like a ‘patient’, a fortress is a living thing with countless systems, If I hope to understand it, I need to know how all the parts are doing.  I assign him a random chair and tell him to get to work

Migrants!  We got a bowyer, a fishery worker, a jeweler, a surgeon, a presser, a woodcutter, a glazer, a woodcrafter, a smith, and a wood… burner?  Most of them are useless wastes of booze and beds, but perhaps I shall be able to practice my vivisection –
Tholtig, one of our farmers, has withdrawn from the company of other dwarves.  While I would rather like to open up his skull and take a look at the mechanisms causing this, especially considering he claimed our only craftsdwarf’s work creating pots to maintain booze flow, the artifact he might create is more useful at the moment.
He shortly begins construction, which is a relief at least.

Some useless fool out on the ice got himself attacked by a werewolf.  This would be more boon than anything else, a chance to practice my medical technique, were it not for the blasted persistence of the creature and our general lack of a military force.  Some dogs injured the beast, so I order it killed, hoping we can finish the job.

But just as our meat for the grinder loyal soldiers are engaging the foul beast, that useless farmer who took over our crafts announces that he has finished his creation, a mini-forge he calls Mososnecak.

A MINI FORGE?!  We’re fighting for our lives on the ice and you create a useless toy?  A USELESS TOY THAT ENEMIES WILL HUNT US DOWN OVER?!
This would be funny if it weren’t so sad.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2011, 12:43:58 pm »

Tholtig the farmer was previously SHADE. Also, we had a trade depot. Then the merchants unloaded and I ordered it destroyed. The large, forbidden pile of stuff outside our gates are the merchant's haul. It's forbidden because three dwarves dehydrated hauling that stuff. :D

About the military. Nix is a skilled axedwarf and I'm in the military too. I'm a Legendary Miner so I should make short work of anything.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2011, 12:59:49 pm »

luckily they didn't realize it was I the SHADOW. i have claimed a body first, but being it female and unworthy of THE SHADOW i have left it, after inserting in her a stupid idea to produce idiotical stuff. I AM THE SHADOW. and within me i harbour the resentment of every demon ever to be killed. I have now become a miner. I will mine with my own hands the death of this fortress...FOR I AM THE SHADOW. and i WILL bring doom upon this fortress...mwuhamwuahmwuahuahauhau *sadistical laughter is always heard everywhere in the deep mining tunnels...but no source is ever found.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24