Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: How Close are we to the Next Release?  (Read 19746 times)

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: How Close are we to the Next Release?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 04:01:58 pm »

I remember guessing some time in August or beginning of September, but this time it seems like it's actually not a long ways off (granted I think I thought the same thing a month ago) but it is definitely just making it playable and more polished at this point.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 04:41:14 pm »

Isn't that all in now?  I don't think we've had so much info on shops and markets, but they are mentioned in the page linked above (which references DF talk 15).

I don't think it is quite as comprehensive as he plans for that.  It probably just deals with the shop's lack of walls for theft detection, and the lack of a table and chest for the money.

It may just be something simple like just poofing the money into your inventory instead of poofing the money onto a table.  Which probably isn't even a fraction of what he has planned (and may even just be a placeholder itself)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

huhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 11:11:02 am »

The trade thing will be amazing, if it goes in as advertised. I think Toady mentioned in a DF talk or some forum post in the past that he's wary of enabling global economy, since he'd probably just cause everyone to die. That seems very likely, considering the complexity of just a single economy model -- Never mind building a factory that churns out functioning economy models. It either needs a lot of patchwork or additional simulations for city and state development, local and global politics, warfare, etc. -- All of which are projects that require a lengthy arc of their own. I don't know how much of any kind of subsystems are already in place, or if Toady has experience with fantasy economics. The only thing I know is that DF tends to go way overboard with anything simulation-related, so the results will likely be gruesome and most satisfying.

I know I'm much more anxious about playing this economy game than anything else DF has to offer. Though the zombie apocalypse will be a very close second spot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 04:33:53 pm »

Especially since zombie arms will also rise...

If only legs did, too. Of course, how would they kick?...But it would allow lower bodies to reanimate, too. Other nice things would be skulls and being able to animate whole skeletons, but oh well. Undead skin is pretty cool.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 02:10:22 pm »

Probably 2 months off...3 months being more accurate in terms of when the release will be actually playable. DF is often a victim of feature creep

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 03:27:19 pm »

i hope it comes out on my birthday
I am a Goober.

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 03:28:57 pm »

@SirPenguin - I would much rather have feature creep than feature sublimation. (Damn you, MoO3!)

@magmaholic - Birthdays be damned. When the new version is released, it's fricking Dwarfmas! Socks for everyone!
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

NSQuote

• Bay Watcher
  • used Confusion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 04:07:35 pm »

I'm expecting an early-mid October releae, maybe a Halloween one since this is the special necromancy release.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 04:14:11 pm »

I'm expecting an early-mid October releae, maybe a Halloween one since this is the special necromancy release.

The appropiateness of your suggested date, along with the fitting avatar for a date a month in the future, lead me to believe that you cannot be wrong.

Halloween it is! 

If it comes out before then, I will not download it until All Hallow's Fluxing Eve.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 04:50:37 pm »

Last year, 31.17 was intended for a Halloween release (it was the first release with night creatures) but Toady didn't finish in time.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 05:56:38 pm »

I'm sorry if what I say is disrespectfull to everyone here, especially programmers.

But I came to the conclusion that Toady One is like Notch. And I mean exactly like notch.

Except ironically Notch is the faster of the two.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 06:12:40 pm »

I'm sorry if what I say is disrespectfull to everyone here, especially programmers.

But I came to the conclusion that Toady One is like Notch. And I mean exactly like notch.

Alright, you've got my attention. Name one way in which Tarn Adams is anything like Markus Persson. One. I dare you. One. I'm listening.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

jimi12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 06:36:00 pm »

Alright, you've got my attention. Name one way in which Tarn Adams is anything like Markus Persson. One. I dare you. One. I'm listening.

They are both English-speaking, caucasian, human males that create independent video games, where mining is a pivotal feature, which are distributed through the internet and have a devoted fanbase.

That's 8.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 07:14:54 pm »

HERESY! To the magma-cleansing chamber with you!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 07:32:17 pm »

They are both English-speaking, caucasian, human males that create independent video games, where mining is a pivotal feature, which are distributed through the internet and have a devoted fanbase.

That's 8.
You got me.

Alright Rooster, these are taken. Your turn.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8