Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: How Close are we to the Next Release?  (Read 19728 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
How Close are we to the Next Release?
« on: September 07, 2011, 08:56:36 am »

Sorry to ask this (if its already been asked or if it's in the wrong section?) but I haven't been able to follow Dwarf Fortress developments due to a hectic year and I've noticed the DEVELOPMENTS page has pretty much been entirely abandoned. Can someone catch me up on how close we are and what can be expected in the next release that might save me hours I don't have of trawling through various posts around the place?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How Close are we to the Next Release?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:11:59 am »

Current development page: http://bay12games.com/dwarves/

Here's a compilation of confirmed features for the next release: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1u8jibE1TV7BAwAI2b4TzRkWFlBboLiXMrVBhYmDYPhI&pli=1
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 09:49:10 am »

That Google docs page is fantastic, kudos to whoever put that together, and thanks for the link.

Today's devlog entry seems to indicate the release is fairly close, and perhaps Toady has stopped adding things and started polishing (not just stone slabs), sooo.... a few weeks maybe??  The devlog has been updated really well recently, but as the release nears I'd expect it to quieten down since there won't be so much new stuff going in.  That said, this release is going to be pretty epic, and there is lots of discussion (and screenshots :) ) in the devlog and FotF thread to study in the meantime.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:07:48 am by hermes »
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 09:57:56 am »

That Google docs page is fantastic, kudos to whoever put that together, and thanks for the link.
Ineed! There is a lot of stuff in that page which I forgot about, like vampires and multi-z-level designations

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 10:27:02 am »

The development page hasn't got much new stuff recently because Toady was in New York.

Now he's in the cleaning-up phase, so we still probably won't get daily vlog updates again for a while. He likes to post about funny bugs he finds ("lion melted fat spatter" and groundhogs that bite with their entire face come to mind), so we'll still see stuff once in a while.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 10:30:16 am »

If you mean finished everything he was planning for this release? then he is months off

Though from the sounds of it, as others have said, it seems like Toady may just cave in and just give us the latest version anyhow.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 10:49:25 am »

Are we still on the caravan arc?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 10:52:34 am »

Yes...

Though this is currently what I'd call the "Adventurer Arc"

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 11:07:28 am »

If you mean finished everything he was planning for this release? then he is months off
Quote from: Development Page
Caravan Arc Releases
    * Release 1
          o Better town maps involving workshops/markets/shops based on world gen economic activities

Isn't that all in now?  I don't think we've had so much info on shops and markets, but they are mentioned in the page linked above (which references DF talk 15).
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 11:14:01 am »

Well here are all the things we need for the Carrivan Arc to be finished

Core3, Core38, Core81, Req21, Req132, Req133, Req175, Req204, Req218, Req220, Req260, Req279, Req364, Req463, Req516, Req555, Bloat155, Bloat263, Bloat267, PowerGoal24, PowerGoal33, PowerGoal56 and PowerGoal148

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 12:05:20 pm »

Well yes, but now the caravans are necromancers, and their 'goods' are zombies.
In other words, better than expected.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 09:44:00 pm »

|-------| This much*

*Not to scale
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 10:50:53 am »

I'm honestly not as concerned about this release. I'm really looking forward to the trade rewrite, mostly. But that's a ways off.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 03:22:12 pm »

I'm honestly not as concerned about this release. I'm really looking forward to the trade rewrite, mostly. But that's a ways off.
Are you sure you're playing the same games as me?
The next realease will make cities have keeps and walls,FUCKING WALLS AND KEEPS!KEEPS! WALLS!
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 03:49:01 pm »

Well, toady said he's on clean up, so it isn't too long probably. Then again, it's a long list of clean up; so I guess some time in September or beginning of October.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8