Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gravebolt - Savage Paradise (Community fort)  (Read 1530 times)

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gravebolt - Savage Paradise (Community fort)
« on: September 07, 2011, 04:35:52 am »

The dwarves of the Tome Organs had been in a dire situation. Goblins, Werewolves and Illithids had been sieging their beloved Mountainhome for years. The dwarves had been losing ground. Their outposts were starting to crumble. The queen was also losing resources, and riots were beginning at the lack of shiny things combined with the stress of war. During one riot, a dwarf named Buck had started a rather powerful riot that ended with several jailings. He was to wait to hear his fate from the Queen of dwarves herself. Several weeks past and finally a guard showed up.

"Buck Glazeportals. Its time." A rather heavily armored guard said. Buck didn't say anything, he simply followed the guard to the Queen's Throne room.

The queen Datan sat on her throne, looking down at Buck and the guard. "Thank you, guardsmen. Return to your post." with that, the guard left the room. Buck looked up at the Queen, and she stared back at him rather superiorly.

"I believe a few weeks ago you and several other dwarves caused a riot. I know the war has taken a toll on us all. But causing mayhem is NOT acceptable." she said with some anger.

"Ya can't go expectin' us to sit down while we are in a war with three other races."

"That is no excuse. We are wasting resources on petty riots happening around the Mountainhome. I for one, am fed up with this. You want to help? Well you have no choice now. You're going to take a group of six with you and four raptors. We're sending you to go create an outpost to help the Tome of Organs. Guards, prepare him for the travel. Send six other rioters with him. This outpost will be called Gravebolt. Have a good trip."

The guards walked in and took Buck off. They rounded up a group and a wagon and a few raptors and they set off. The group was known as The Abyssal Road. A fitting name for their trip to Gravebolt. Their trek was dangerous and long. Finally, they arrived.

"Looks like we're here. Time to git this outpost made." Buck said, with a slight smile.

Im retrying a community fortress. I embarked in Untamed wilds. I don't really know how to upload pictures so you'll have to make due without them unless I decide to learn. Feel free to keep journals of your dwarves, it'll be fun. Genesis mod.

Dwarves
Buck - Taken by me.
Male Miner, stone dwarf
Male Miner, stone dwarf
Male Carpenter, Woodcrafter, stone dwarf
Female Woodcutter - NRDL (Taken) Jade dwarf
Female Mason, Engraver and Stonecrafter Moss dwarf
Male Hunter, Ambusher, archer, bowdwarf, dodger, Obsidan Dwarf - (Taken)

Waiting to be dwarfed:
Chevuex
Ushil

Just ask me if you want a dwarf. Give em a name and a bio if you wish and i'll see that you get your dwarf!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:12:45 am by Masked_Hunter1825 »

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gravebolt - Savage Paradise (Community fort)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 04:52:09 am »

I always love to read the first steps of new community forts.

Dorf me as a weaponsmith when you'll have one. As long as he's working on making weapons, he's happy and doesn't really care about the bad stuff that could be happening in the fort. You can also make him the armorsmith until you have one.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 05:03:01 am »

Alright. Quick update, farmer got mauled to death by raptors. And both miners now too. This might have to end up a reclaim. And yes, its gonna get reclaimed. The raptors just mauled my mason to death.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:13:52 am by Masked_Hunter1825 »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 07:15:36 am »

Watching...
If you surviving with current dorfs, I'm taking woodcutter
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 07:41:58 am »

Nope, had to reclaim. I'll toss up a new story in a bit explaining.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 09:15:56 am »

I don't really know how to upload pictures so you'll have to make due without them unless I decide to learn.

Three steps.
1) Make a screenshot of it. In Windows PrnScrn key makes shot of whole screen to clipboard, Alt+PrnScrn makes shot of current active window
2) Paste it into some pic editor, edit and save. I'm using Paint.NET.
3) Upload it to some picture hosting (like imageshack.us, plenty of them), get a proper forum code and post it.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 09:18:29 am »

I'll take male woodcutter, name him Nix.  Train him in wrestling and basic hand to hand combat please. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ushilzagith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 04:20:33 pm »

This looks like fun. I'll want a dorf among the reclaimers. Most likely a macedwarf who will want to get a flail, eventually. Personality will depend mostly on the said dwarf's personality profile, probably an exaggeration of some traits.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 04:27:33 pm by ushilzagith »

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 02:40:34 am »

A few months past in Gravebolt, and some migrants came. They had no idea that raptors had killed almost all of them. When they arrived Buck was found in his office, untouched. They looked confused but thought it was best not to ask questions. A hunter came along with them in case of Raptor maulings. It probably would've been better if he had arrived at the start.

Buck counted up the resources. "Looks like ya migrants brought enou' to last us a while. You have my thanks."

After much hauling of Claystone, the fortress of Gravebolt was cleaned up, and ready to truely begin!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 02:41:24 am »

...was I dorfed? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 02:44:56 am »

Theres a female woodcutter. But thats it so far.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 02:47:00 am »

I don't mind having a female dorf. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 02:47:25 am »

Alright. You are dwarved then.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 03:07:17 am »

I'll take the obsidian dwarf. Dorf him as Yerp please.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 03:38:41 am »

Buck's Journal, date 1 Hematite

After the others got taken by the Raptors I managed to use my wits to stay alive. Luckily, the new migrants have driven them off. For now. Summer is here, and its hot outside. We've got some wells set up for water supply, we could really use a farmer though for more booze and Plump Helmets. Our Woodcutter, Nix is excited due to the amount of trees to chop down. She also seems to be practicing her hand to hand combat skills.

Then theres this Yerp feller. Hes an odd one, a damned good Bowdwarf though. I reckon he'll come in handy if the raptors come back. Speaking of which, he has his own pet raptor. A giant thing, powerful. Got green feathers and white scales. Its probably strong enough to rip othe raptors to shreds. Oh, also Yerp is one of the ancients reborn. An obsidan dwarf. Hes handy for makin' light and burning things.

Got a cushy office now. Full of statues, and even has four chests for me. Things are lookin' up for the Overseer of Gravebolts. Heh. Alot of useless claystone, we're trying to find some real good stuff. We'll find it.. only a matter of time.

- Buck

Buck smiled and put his journal into a drawer. In came rushing a miner.

"Hey boss, looks like we hit a cavern."
"I see. We ain't fully ready for what could be down there. Don't go makin' a hole in the wall to let the beasties in. Just find a way to keep diggin deeper without exposing ourselves just yet."

"Will do boss." with that, the miner saluted and walked off. Buck sat in his chair, leaning back with his hands behind his head.
Pages: [1] 2