Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: funny stuff you've done in adventure mode  (Read 6739 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: funny stuff you've done in adventure mode
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 05:23:02 am »

Well to start, I took an royal from her home and converted her into a baby factory, and now every time I talk to her first born son he doesn't want to mention the 50 other full grown half human siblings.

?
dfusion has an egg hatching command combine with a human like race that layeggs can lead to cloning, so what I did was race change a royal human to be the egglaying race and plop her onto a nestbox. how getting her to lay eggs is the result of flipping over to fort mode using Dfmode.
In other words I use third party utilities to pull a night creature on her.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

nothingyet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 12:48:09 pm »

... i even punched out his teeth.

Wait, you don't always knock the teeth out? I usually do the following:
  • strangle people into unconsciousness
  • gouge their eyes
  • cut off their nose and ears
  • knock their teeth out
  • and cut off all fingers and toes
Then I leave and allow them to regain consciousness. They are not happy campers when they wake up.

If I'm feeling really ambitious then I'll wrestle all their clothing off, wait for them to wake up, then pelt them to death with their own equipment while they try to figure out why they can't see, hear, or smell.

I swear, I'm a nice person in real life. I don't know why Dwarf Fortress turns me into a murderous psychopath hellbent on the destruction of all that is good and wholesome.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 02:22:40 pm »

I went out in the woods to hunt wild animals, and picked a fight with a gopher, wanting to raise my wrestling and other unarmed skills, and blocking. I grabbed its lower body and let it attack me, being blocked by the shield, until one got through and it bit me in the groin. I promptly fell unconscious and was very, very slowly eaten alive by this groundhog. Eventually bled to death. I couldn't stop laughing. I was playing as a female minotaur form my mod.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 04:42:35 am »

LOLS!!! you should get willpower its very useful, passing out due to one hit sounds like a lack of willpower kinda thing to me, even if it is the groin.
i had the same problem before i found the best way to kill bogeymen, got punched in the thumb and it led to my death, that was the only time i got hit that whole fight as well but it might have also been that my guy was drowsy.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 07:55:10 am »

He got bit in the groin.  No amount of willpower could have prevented him from fainting. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 08:55:49 pm »

I swear, I'm a nice person in real life. I don't know why Dwarf Fortress turns me into a murderous psychopath hellbent on the destruction of all that is good and wholesome.
Lol sigged.
Also, once i was doing my usual thing of lying down and beheading people. I tried to do it to someone, missed, woke him up, and he beat me to death.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 06:48:48 am »

Ever heard of Milgram?
His experiment should be done again with some DF thrown into the mix. Somehow. And if the experiment gets too weird, well, we may just as well use his spinning corpse to power nuclear plants.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 09:00:09 am »

LOLS!!! you should get willpower its very useful, passing out due to one hit sounds like a lack of willpower kinda thing to me, even if it is the groin.
i had the same problem before i found the best way to kill bogeymen, got punched in the thumb and it led to my death, that was the only time i got hit that whole fight as well but it might have also been that my guy was drowsy.

Indeed, but I actually take superior willpower for adventurers. Sadly, it doesn't have as significant an effect as we may desire...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordExumius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 10:58:32 am »

lols! you got punched with stubs, i was messin around in arena to add "hands used" to the weapons list in wiki and i made a grand master wrestler striker dodger armor user with full steel cus i wanted to beat the crap outa the guys, so i finished what i was doing and i grabbed one of the guys of the pillar and proceeded to break all of his limbs and remove his weapon then i punched all his limbs as well and gouged his eyes cheeks and whatnot seeing if i could kill a guy with pain alone, apparently you can break a guy apart completely and they can still fight back cus he then kicked my ass. i named him "snaps" with the profeshion title "bag of bone shards" his skull and ribcage were all that was still in tact, i even punched out his teeth.

I saw this post, then I saw your signature...

I'm a bit scared now.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 03:10:54 pm »

Funny is a relative term. Is it funny to YOU, or funny to the entire population you just horribly massacred?

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 06:41:56 am »

obviously funny to me or anyone else that isn't part of the entire population i just horribly massacred :P
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 10:35:19 am »

I like to go for the nearly impossible ((or downright impossible)) hit zones now and again to mix things up, you never know WHEN you'll get one of those tasty DIRECT HIT's mix within the IMPOSSIBLE SHOTS.

such as slapping a dude in the ear with your sword....LIKE A BOSS! Or making a bandit eat your sword with his mouth...
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 10:52:18 am »

i managed to multigrasp my «-steel long sword-» by grabbing it with my empty hand after i had stabbed it into some guy, duno if i get any sort of attack bonus for it but it sure was funny, for a second i thought i'd managed to duplicate it but then i dropped it and it dropped it from both hands xD

post anything funny you've managed to do in adventure :P

equipping 500 shields/weapons doesn't count as funny :P
Using a (vomit soaked) sewing needle in dragon combat was my best.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 11:03:21 am »

I once in 40d strangled a named (giant?) alligator with a rock to death, then used him to beat the life out of two giant rats, and use them as fleshy weights against my target ogre/cyclops. Unfortunately, I didn't last long. I only bruised his side and attempted to strangle it with the gator, only to get punched across the cave halls and explode into gore into a wall.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:04:55 am by Itnetlolor »

LordExumius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 12:07:24 pm »

Ouch!

http://imageshack.us/f/197/picture5k.gif

Made even worse by the fact it's a fire arrow

Fun fact: That 'limb' at the top right in front of the weapon? That's a testicle.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 12:09:29 pm by LordExumius »
Pages: 1 [2] 3