Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Weirdest dreams ever  (Read 4198 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Weirdest dreams ever
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 04:39:52 am »

I was at a vegetarian restaurant owned by the Hare Krishna (a Hindu cult/religious sect) and my grade six teacher came up to me, all jaunty like and said "Hi, i'm <name removed for privacy>! Remember me, <my name>?"
I simply replied "yes, I remember you. Scum." and then the dream ended.

(This is real life now, i don't know why the dream was triggered) ->
Abusive teacher who decided that a smart person (ie. me) was not worthy of his attention- i recall a particular instance when a student was bullying me (as i was very small, 139cm tall and 40kg) and i shouted at him: "Leave me alone!" and the teacher said "<name>, do your work."
I replied "It's bloody difficult to do my work with Coby breathing down my neck."
He leant in real close and said "I don't like it when insufferable little pricks talk back to me. Do your work, dickhead."

Ya, that teacher later got fired. :D

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 02:13:27 pm »

Time to dust off this thread a bit..

Anyway, last night I had a dream where I had a lucid dream. Twice. Then I found out that the lucid dreams were part of the dream.
After that, my parents drove me to a school party. After it was over, I realized that the car door was open.
I got in and locked the door, and the car started driving on it's own.
It crashed and I flew over a big river.
Then I started controlling a family in the sims or something.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Reiina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 02:48:40 pm »

I used to write dreams I remembered when I woke up(the ones I considered "interesting"), recently rediscovered one of those notes I wrote:

---
Disney universe, a lot more realistic with a black background. A big manor.
We're following a girl with a baggy jean, she's skating with style up to the manor.
Near the manor another girl is mocking a boy who's trying to skate and when the first girl passes she says "see, her she has style!"

She arrives near the manor and stops because the road leading up to it is made of little rocks.
The manor looks like an austrian chalet.

The mother, the girl and the father are a bit like demons, living psychologically far away from each other.
The mother is an old school aristocrat.
The father is away on work.
Girl listening to alternative rock.

The mother greets the daughter with a distance hello and tells her that her aunt(?) will be there tomorrow.
The manor is in disrepair and during the night a flood forces the girl to act. The cave has more than 1 meter of water in it, all the electric tools have to be unplugged.
All around the manor water leaks in, it has to be cleaned.

The aunt comes with a competition dog. The dog is intelligent, he talks but never in front of its mistress.
It does faces in front of the mirror in the bedroom while talking to himself. The girl spies on him until it says "I wonder how much longer you're going to stay hidden behind this door."
Friendship?

Woke up :(.
---

Can't help but have a laugh reading it now(don't remember when I wrote that :p). And strangely enough, reading it, I remembered the manor!
Also weird how apparently I remember the minute details at the beginning but after the stories goes on quite fast.
And last but not least, I'm not in the dream? Apparently at the beginning I'm following this girl without ever interacting with her and then I just disappear from the story altogether(I'm a guy btw :p)...

Btw when I say "A bit like a disney movie", I think at the time I meant "like a classic disney movie(black&white)", not the modern disney movies.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 06:11:05 pm »

Oh geez, I remember some of this really strange one I had a while ago. I'll try to relay it as best I can.

It was constantly flickering between photorealism and extremely abstracted representations of things as linear dashes of color. I stood on a ridge at night, the land rocky, mostly grey-black but with streaks of iridescent purple and green. There were three people with me, and each of us was carrying a shard of... something, something which was glowing and covered in moving colors. For reference, they looked similar to Celestia's mane, but covering the complete visual spectrum, with a blurred aura around each. For some reason, we had decided that we had to split up and each try to escape with our piece.

I and the other two people, whose faces were still not visible, headed off in three directions. After an uncertain length of time, I found myself on the rim of a small canyon looking down at an industrial compound of some sort. Directly below me were a series of warehouses with glass roofs. I jumped, from maybe twenty meters up, smashing through the roof. When I looked up, there were a number of children in ragged clothing and armed with crude spears all staring at me. The thing I had been carrying was on the ground a short distance away, and for some reason I focussed on it while being stabbed to death.

I woke up in my grandmother's house, on the living room floor. Across the room was a flea, slowly walking toward me. I knew, don't ask me how, that if I touched it I would die. I ran through the dining room and into the kitchen. The flea kept pace with me easily. I scrambled up onto the stove, and then reached and climbed onto the cabinets above it. I huddled in the small space between the cabinets and the ceiling, watching the flea down on the floor watching me. I began to throw things down at it, but they all managed to end up landing in a pile near the door. The flea jumped onto the stove, and I quickly grabbed a mug that I had not yet thrown. As the flea jumped again, I swung the mug, catching it and pressing the open mouth of the mug against the front of the cabinet. I sighed in relief, and then opened my eyes to see the flea standing on my wrist looking up at me. That was when I woke up.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reiina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 06:23:53 pm »

I woke up in my grandmother's house, on the living room floor. Across the room was a flea, slowly walking toward me. I knew, don't ask me how, that if I touched it I would die. I ran through the dining room and into the kitchen. The flea kept pace with me easily. I scrambled up onto the stove, and then reached and climbed onto the cabinets above it. I huddled in the small space between the cabinets and the ceiling, watching the flea down on the floor watching me. I began to throw things down at it, but they all managed to end up landing in a pile near the door. The flea jumped onto the stove, and I quickly grabbed a mug that I had not yet thrown. As the flea jumped again, I swung the mug, catching it and pressing the open mouth of the mug against the front of the cabinet. I sighed in relief, and then opened my eyes to see the flea standing on my wrist looking up at me. That was when I woke up.

Must have been a dwarven flea, can't kill it with a mug!
And my dreams always end up having this stressful phase too! Something ridiculous that makes you feel like you're going to die from it.
Though I may remember those dreams because they have this stressful phase in them...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2011, 07:32:28 pm »

Must have been a dwarven flea, can't kill it with a mug!
And my dreams always end up having this stressful phase too! Something ridiculous that makes you feel like you're going to die from it.
Though I may remember those dreams because they have this stressful phase in them...

Heh. In terms of sheer stress, the one with the 2-meter diameter spiders beheading people I cared about in an opera house was quite a bit worse, and I was jumpy around large vents for days afterwards.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2011, 08:48:30 pm »

I don't think I can have a weirdest dream... every night is a new adventure.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 08:57:08 am »

Christianity worshipping Abbath. That was a complete mindfuck dream.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 07:39:28 am »

Last night, I had a really weird dream.

So I was playing GTA as Luigi, and I decided to shoot things.
Eventually the cops came after me.
The police helicopters arrived too.
I shot them down.
However, these trucks I destroyed earlier flew in creepily, and were indestructable.
Then I heard that Kim Jong Il had a nuke that could destroy the planet.
I shot a few more things, then the nuke activated.
The planet went bang.
The noise was so loud, it somehow blew a fanta bottle off my desk.
It even increased my heart BPM.
I told my mom. (Note, that was all part of the dream)
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 07:59:41 am »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:52:14 pm by Stany »

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2011, 09:05:51 am »

I have had these maybe-not-so-weird but highly annoying dreams lately.

It is night and I always do whatever I usually either read or do something on computer. Suddenly I realize it is already late and I need to go to school next day, so I go ahead and check what time it is. Always, just when I'm about to check the clock, I wake up and realize I am already in bed.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2011, 10:22:08 am »

One I just remembered was the only dream I've had to date that was at least partially in ASCII. I was in my neighborhood's common area, probably with some other people. It's a mostly open area with a couple trees, and for whatever reason I(we?) was(were?) chopping them down... With chainsaws, O think.

Anyways, something happened involving the trees and treants, and then I remember something to do with a DF-like view of someone being chased by a bunch of dogs, in the small part of the common area south of this creek. I don't remember most of the details, but I can at least truthfully say I dream in ASCII now. The thing is, it was definitely after my DF playing time had peaked.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2011, 10:55:27 am »

Christianity worshipping Abbath. That was a complete mindfuck dream.

lolwut? Did Abbath start playing "un-black" metal?!  :o

Anyway, I just remembered one dream I had a while ago, possibly the strangest one I've had [recently]:
I was in some sort of abandoned riverfront town, more specifically I was in a southern plantation style mansion in this town. Everything was all post-apocalyptic and destroyed. I was standing on the upper level of some sort of foyer type room looking down on the big entry room. There was a person laying on the ground in the middle of this room, rolling around on the floor. I walked up and realized that his throat was torn open and he was bleeding out all over the place whilst thrashing around on the floor. I completely ignored him and appeared outside. Water, instead of coming from the river, was flowing into the river from the banks. The ground was very muddy and the water ran through the streets. I noticed a fish flopping around at my feet and woke up.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2011, 11:19:02 am »

I had a dream where I met all the people of Bay12. Their personalities were dictated by their forum posts, and they appeared as their avatar.
I remember questioning how Girlinhat was able to chain-link as she was a cat-thing...
I remember being wary of Greiger because he was a dragon dude thing. (And earlier today I played with him on Ace of Spades!)
I saw Necro from far away and was warned to stay away from him by a voice in my head 'He'll use magma on you. And then you will be dead.'.
Angel of Death seemed pretty cool. I liked how he reminded me of Bill and Ted.

So we all wandered about in this odd landscape about 50-50 between DF's ascii graphics and real life (as in visible in the distance was ascii, though we didn't change when we went into it) as a band with me hovering on the sidelines as a sort of Adventure mode thing which ended when Necro910 pulled a 'FTW' lever and killed us all (and himself too.)

Then I woke up and thought 'What the fuck!? Why am I dreaming about a video game with people i've neither met nor spoken to directly?"

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2011, 06:16:26 pm »

I had a dream where I was banned from bay12, for getting really angry at everyone. I woke up and could barely remember the dream, so I couldn't tell if it was a memory or a dream. You wouldn't believe how nervous I was when I got on bay12 this morning.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5