Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Weirdest dreams ever  (Read 4202 times)

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weirdest dreams ever
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 04:37:52 pm »

I dreamt a while ago that I was in a flying garden shed being chased by the FBI in helicopters. The shed was slowly breaking apart and I was left clinging to smaller and smaller pieces of it.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 07:54:12 pm »

I got a d8 for... Christmas, I think it was. Though it wasn't really a d8, more like a d6, and it was very much not a die or a real shape (but it was called a d8, for whatever reason)... The center was square-ish, with a 4x4 engraved grid and some numbers (1-8, interestingly enough) in a random assortment of squares, while the corners of the other faces came through in a sort-of-spiky thing, similar to a tetrahedron, but flush with where the corner of the die should be, in the corner of each face. Oh, and it was about the size of my head. Thinking about it still gives me headaches.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 07:55:05 pm »

When I was 8 I dreamed there was a skinless monster abducting children from the tree-line by my school. Recess lost its joy for a bit.

A couple years later, I had one of my awesome, epic dreams, weirder than most. My friend and I entered a world from a random portal. The part we were in was primarily composed of a (very) large lake (fresh water) with rocky pillars, natural walls, etc. very dense throughout, rising roughly 10 feet out of the water each. Fish lived in caves in these rocks. They swam around, talked with each other, had some furniture in their homes - but were clearly fish. Not very personified.
There was something causing trouble in this land. My friend and I had to go gather the pots and pans of these fish, which had been taken and scattered in the farther reaches of the lake. (It was a really big lake.) I don't remember much about the task and its execution, but we succeeded. A few more tasks like this followed, though with increasing importance.
At long last, the source of this trouble revealed itself. A giant pig came into the lake and took my friend. (This pig walked on two legs, spoke, and wore some clothing; I believe it had a crown and some robes) I obviously had to rescue my friend, so I followed the pig. Though I lost sight of it, I came to its lair. The entrance was on a cliff face bordering the lake as far as I could see; cliff likely around 70 feet tall. There was a smoothly ramped/raised semicircle of land rising out of the water; on the cliff face above that was a giant pig head (much more giant than the pig itself; likely 40 feet tall) made of stone, jutting out of the cliff. I approached, and the pig head's mouth opened. I entered.
After that, I had to race the pig (itself on foot) in my cart to rescue my friend and get the pig to leave the fish alone. It was difficult, but I won. All was happy, and my friend and I returned after having a part with the fish.
The first time I have ever seen Diddy Kong Racing was about a year ago.

I have a very much weird phenomenon where I dream something and see it exactly, years later. I remember this happening 3 times to count, and remember the specific scene of two of those.

Now-days, my dreams are often really weird, but not memorable. I usually have an uncomfortable feeling of not being able to do something, but not much weird there.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 08:12:52 pm »

I have semi-lucid dreams. I know it's a dream, and I have control of myself and a very limited control of my surroundings, but I don't have complete control, often missing out on manipulating very threatening or important parts of a dream. Though I know it's a dream, it can often be terrifying as I'm stuck being forced, despite my best efforts, going toward a horrible, Lovecraftian fate.
Nothing important here, move along.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 12:03:23 am »

I drempt of darkness filled with wisps of fog the colour of clotted blood. Stars floated there amid the darkness with unnatural hue, some green like the light of the neon lamp, some stained the shade of urine and others left bereft of colour by a dreaming mind that overlooked them. Therein I saw meaningless words bent in curves and spirtals, lists of names in a serif font, familiar yet indistinct. A few still come to mind, Zon, Eliyna, Liyrtha, and Roark, but the rest have faded with my waking. The words described, with imperfect detail that was overlooked in a false conviction that I had already read the words many times over, the methods by which a fictional cabal of sorcerers and secret magicians might be constructed in my image, and listing those names which had gone done so as well. I inquired after the name of Zon, expecting to read further about his exploits, but all that was there was an single staring eye, bloodstained and with an iris of fire that looked akin to a burning galaxy. I look at the name of Roark, and saw the other member of the pair, an eye without either iris or pupil, but instead a hole staring out into the depths of an empty, lightless space between the stars, outside the light cone of the heavens. Something with tentacles crawled amid the cloud, green and vast, sliding along a flat plane of aether that did not exist to me, and then I awoke to find that it was all a dream.

I drempt of a man shaped thing that was made of static and wearing a formal suit of black velvet without a stain. He had ears, but no eyes and no face. He hung upside down before me as I slept upon the couch in the living room, with neither feet not legs, but rather a torso that faded into the shadows and denied that it was anything but a shadow itself. The hands were ungloved, dangling downwards casually as if they were attached upside-down, and the tie was wrong in a way I couldn't quite understand before the figment vanished from my mind and I awoke.

I drempt of a frog without toes the colour of a hairless dog. Where the legs ended, three smaller legs began forming a disgusting wrist with bulbous joints and silently grinding bones. The little legs had smaller legs still, and so it continued down into an infinity of cantor-toes. It had no eyes, no ears, only a mouth that was covered in skin, pointed directly at me and breathing slowly in and out. It was gone when I looked away, and the street it inhabited was empty for the rest of the night.

I drempt of wanderings between smooth membranes like oil-sheen curves, bending my thoughts along strange swooping paths as I followed the way before me, in five, or perhaps only four dimensions. My mind churned and boiled with strange truths, and yet I felt at peace amid the flux of geometry. The world wobbled and I wobbled with it, restfully, until I fell asleep within the dream itself, and drempt no more.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 01:12:16 am »

Also another time I was swimming face down and was watching myself in 3rd person before following a bee that was dive bombing my back. Woke up with a stabbing pain in the back.Coincidence? Probably.
Actually, probably not - many dreams occur in an attempt to justify stimulus the sleeper is experiencing.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 01:46:42 am »

I have crazy dreams all the time these days- Sadly, I rarely remember more than a tiny bit of them.
They tend to jump wildly between different points of view and settings, and utterly stupid things always seem to make perfect sense to me.
The one I had last night I can still remember parts of; there was some... Innovative machine or something in a mall(I think), which people were supposed to tell their life stories to for some reason. Anyway, some lady stumbled upon it one night, and happily took the opportunity to tell her long and terrible story to it.
Unfortunately people were listening in as she spoke, and one of her hobbies was murder. She was some most-wanted criminal from another country or something. And so my dream switched to her viewpoint for a while, as she flashed-back to her early life...

Anyway, she'd been born in some strange, fantastical country, and lived with her brothers and father in this tiny, dingy little apartment. They had all kinds of strange, makeshift machines in there, and they had to go out to some snowy area, to scavenge materials or something. Some things happened to them, and they were very poor, and eventually she decided to kill one of them (or perhaps the neighbour? I don't remember) for some reason.
They didn't know it was her, and her brothers grew very protective of her, and then some other disaster happened, involving some heavily-armed super soldiers or something, and she was forced to leave the country, stowing away on the front of some huge, giant truck/train thing, aided by sympathetic drivers.

After that it's a bit vague, she kept on killing people in the new country she was in for a while, and then reformed herself and became some civil servant or other, until she was caught telling her life story and arrested.

:P It doesn't really make sense, because I forgot half of it, but that's a sample of the strange dreams I have.
I have an even stranger one, which I remembered more fully, written down somewhere, perhaps I'll post it sometime.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 10:29:09 am »

Last night, I dreamt I had hinges installed on my head so that I could open up my brain. I then started creating a backup of my brain by dipping floppy disks into it, then writing down what part of my brain it contained. Sometimes it was a word, like trust, clockwork, definition. Other times it was just a jumble of letters and numbers, like A35J6L. Trouble was family and such kept interrupting me, and I kept mixing up what they were supposed to be called, and the order in which they things were supposed to go (which was very important for some reason).
I don't actually remember how it ended, that's more or less it.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 12:05:41 pm »

I once had a dream about MapleStory.

I unlocked a skill called "Solar Flare", and it did whatever it did in DBZ.
So I used it, and these 3 red things appeared, didn't move, and didn't pretty much do anything. Then I was like "What the hell is this?!"
Then I somehow managed to end my dream.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 12:30:22 pm »

-snip-
Is your surname Lovecraft, by any chance?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 09:24:02 pm »

"Giant plant lady. Waves hand, from which springs forth rainbow, which accelerates rapidly into the sky. As speed grows greater, the front of multiclored beam turns black. Yet greater, there appears stars and galaxies within most forward part of the beam. Finally, a core of burning fire erupts within the formost front of the stars, wide, with a wake coming to a point behind it. Cut backwards a bit. Blue sky, with this tearing its way across it. The beam still grows faster, and around it is a cylindrical disturbance of the air. The beam spins, drill-like, and tears its way between universes.

It erupts again from a point. Now, the sky is reddish-orange. The beam is of such size that it is covering most of the sky. There is an island, huge, as vertical as it is horizontal, coming to a spiraling point. It is vibrant with plantlife and other things. The beam approachs the island, screaming through the sky. Just as it is to impact, the beam splits! One side turns into crows of purest black, the other side into crows of purest white. These avians decend on the island as though a blanket.

The crows immediately cover the land, devouring all the many seeds and nuts which were before laying on the ground. Cut to a small green thing, looking for all intents and purposees like a tonberry. It is the immortal king of its people, who have scattered amongst the land and become little more than animals. It speaks, and from it we learn that with this act of consumption, magic returns to the land. The crows of light and shadow will catalyize the nuts, which had previously held the entirety of that world's magic in check, within them, and from that process magic rises again. The immortal king sets out to see the creatures of the land that had remained of sound mind, and the vision ends."

That was a good dream. It had awesome music, too. Very upbeat.

Then I had the one where a transvestite (Post op female->male, but with breasts) was lighting a cigarette held in the head of her cock, and then proceeded to smoke it. She did not have to bend her neck, at all. That's all I remember of that dream. It's probably a good thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 09:58:40 pm »

I had a dream this morning of a beaver/gopher that looked strangely like a wookie.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2011, 03:29:29 am »

Two dreams I just had - the first isn't that strange, but I needed to write it up somewhere as well.

In the first one, I was living in Hell (which wasn't very different from Earth, for some reason) with a roommate/girlfriend and a demon servant. After all kinds of shenanigans, my roommate/girlfriend gets fed up with the creepy servant and tells me to get rid of him.

I tell him to leave, but he keeps coming back and acting very stalker-ish. Then I come up with a cunning plan - I throw my iPod out of our apartment and into the hallway and tell him to get it for me. Apparently, there's some rule that servants can't bring stuff from outside in our apartments, and he breaks that rule by getting it and is banished.

I remember mocking him before he goes, saying something like 'I didn't think you were that stupid, even an imp could've gotten that'.

Unfortunately, he apparently goes to complain to Lucifer Morningstar, Lord of Hell, who comes visit with a squad of demonic warriors. I try to explain, but he just throws me around and brings me and a friend of mine to his palace, where we are unceremoniously killed.

He apparently has a strange sense of humor, because he moves our souls to the bodies of two in his personal guard. After a while, we manage to escape and begin to make our way through the city rooftops back home. At some point, my friend comments 'it's not every day you can just say 'oh, I think I'll take a walk through the rooftops', but I don't think moving on them is weird.

---

The second I don't remember nearly as much about. It's seems to be a game, where Frasier and his brother from, well, Frasier, lead armies for a while and then attempt to cross a desert.

They have to stop for the night and build a settlement at a predetermined building spot they were lucky to find. They begin sleeping while I wonder if another turn passes because I didn't press the next turn button, and how this could be exploited.

They wake long into the next day and begin talking, while the camera pans outside to reveal an army of blue stickmen, supposed to represent a different race or faction. They prepare to attack while doing a lot of exposition for the benefit of the audience.

Then I'm woken up, before I can see if Frasier can escape.  :(
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 08:36:06 am »

This is one of the less weird excerpts from my dream log, that I have admittedly been slacking on lately due to lack of sleep, stress and a bit of a changed schedule. I tend to remember some of the most minute, least consequential details when it comes to dreams in general, if I remember them at all.

Started off with me going to work, in my dark green shirt. After it felt some time had passed with me doing nothing, I return home while on break and have this extreme feeling of being creeped out. The neighbors, for some reason, scoop up part of our kitchen floor (which is made partially of sand and ground up rocks) and place it in the sink. They then go outside, where the boyfriend digs a rather large hole for his girlfriend to sit in, and covers her up to her (admittedly nice) chest. This is when I first notice a group of kids, mostly black, hanging around and making a bunch of noise. For some reason they had the ability to change into animals; one of note turned into a small dog with malachite eyes. They moved from the neighbors yard to our front porch, after I returned inside. I yelled at them: "Get your asses off my property, or I'll make you leave." They look at me, taunt me, and laugh as those sort of kids normally do. I respond by going outside, grabbing the kid in the red shirt (the malachite dog) and dragging his ass inside, choking him with various judo moves until he gives up, turning into the dog and running away. The rest of the group notices this and gets real quiet; I grab my wooden sword (used to do martial arts) from the front hallway and offer anyone else a taste of ass kicking. They decline, and leave. K, had apparently been watching the entire time (considering that the clock said I had been on break for 4 hours) and I apologized to her for such a show of brutality. She said to think nothing of it, because she was tired of those little pricks anyway. I wake up soon after going back inside, looking at the oven and noticing that there is a half-made set of ham and swiss cheese sandwiches on a baguette, for some reason with the cheese cut into triangles and pieces on the foil-covered sheet pan.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2011, 11:12:39 pm »

Last night I had a lucid dream where I was walking down several dark hallways. I made a "clik-clik" sound with my mouth and the palm of my right hand lit up. I did it again to make it brighter. I somehow got out of the hallways into a dark and creepy forest. (This is where it get's different from my "regular" lucid dreams, in that it advanced without my control and was scary). I looked into the edge of the woods and saw what I thought was Slender Man (not the first SM dream I've had. .). It turned out to be several tan colored creatures with four legs, hooks, claws and elongated heads (which is what made me think of Slendy). They swarmed me and I started freaking out. I then remembered I was dreaming and started screaming and roaring, eventually sounding like a Tyrannosaurus Rex. This frightened the creatures away, and as they were fleeing, I kicked at least one of them in the head.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5