Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Weirdest dreams ever  (Read 4196 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Weirdest dreams ever
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2011, 06:20:14 pm »

I had a dream where I was banned from bay12, for getting really angry at everyone. I woke up and could barely remember the dream, so I couldn't tell if it was a memory or a dream. You wouldn't believe how nervous I was when I got on bay12 this morning.
Horay! I'm not the only one who has ban-related B12 dreams!

I once had a dream that I thought I was playing GTA but I was really doing the stuff in real life. Eventually the police came to my house, so I hid in a cupboard. I woke up after they left.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2011, 08:18:29 pm »

Hmm... Where to begin...

There was that one dream I had about a baseball thing with giant clams, bioluminescence, and helicopters...

Then there was this one about anthropomorphic ants- I was one of the only people left. They had us in slave labor or something in the mall, then I escaped. I had to admit, I altered this dream slightly because I was frantic that I would be caught. I hate cheating.

Then there was one where I was in a Grand-Canyon suburb thing. At first, I was wandering along some sort of mesa or something- it had orangey clay all over, and tufts of grass. I was interrupted by a horde of utahraptors. They proceeded to disembowel me. I realized I was dreaming, and willed myself to get away- which I accomplished with a jetpack. Hence, you get the eternal problem of flying in dreams- it's so unreliable. I was flying through the grand canyony suburb, and I got caught in a netted-pool area of someone's house. I dreamed that it broke, and I escaped the thing trying to eat me. I finally got to the end of the canyon, where a prehistoric turtle thing awaited me. I got away from it by flying up, and woke up shortly after.

Another one involved me flying- that was FUN. A great number of my dreams involve me flying, actually.

For instance, in one dream, I dreamed that I was some sort of flying thing. I looked normal, but I could fly. I did this by running a bunch, flapping my arms vigorously, and willing myself to rise. It's ridiculously hard and troublesome to get it right. I also had to not break concentration or will, else I would suddenly realize that I couldn't fly. It was also hard to gain or keep altitude, but I digress. I was escaping from some metropolis. I flew to a nearby town, collapsed, and realized that they were still after me. I then tried to fly away, but they caught up again! Finally, exhausted, it ended.

More later maybe. These are really old dreams, so they're kind of hard to remember. I will probably be using this as some sort of journal from now on. :D

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2011, 11:09:28 am »

I had a dream where a schoolbus I was riding in turned into a monster truck and crushed somebody's house.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2011, 09:16:22 pm »

My dreams are normally weird, to the point where it's actually normal for me. What's weird is when i have a dream that's completely coherent and easy to follow, such as this from like 4 days ago:

Didn't find a thread for this, so i thought i'd get one started. Basically, what was your most recent dream that you can remember?

Mine was this morning when i was sleeping in. I can't remember all of it, but i did catch the final bit. It was like i was playing Halo 3: ODST, but it wasn't a level in the game, so maybe it was in like ODST 2 or something :P.

I was on the roof of a skyscraper, and i could see other skyscrapers around (think the New Alexandria level from Halo: Reach, except it wasn't raining and it was slightly closer to daytime lighting). I piloted a Pelican (went to 3rd-person view and everything) that was nearby, and i knew my objective was to land on the rooftop of a building somewhere off in the distance. As i'm flying i sort of look up and see some big-ass Covenant ships going over (like, pretty damn close to the city. Airplane height, that sorta thing), probably Cruisers and such, and the sky was going weird colors and explosions were going off up there. I remember something was attacking the Pelican as i was flying, and i was having trouble with the controls (with the 360 controller IRL, so to speak. That seems to be something that i have sometimes with dreams like this, i "control" my movements both as if it is actually me and also with a controller at the same time. It's hard to explain) and i almost crashed into a building, but i was able to regain control and quickly land on the rooftop which triggered a cutscene, the details of which i can't really remember. I woke up just afterwards.

The whole time, the first two minutes or so of this was playing.

Looking back, it actually seemed rather epic to me. What was yours?

I've not had a game-related dream in ages, let alone any kind of dream that was that straightforward and clear.

I've had other weird dreams, but this was my most recent, and certainly one of note to me when normally my dreams are surreal stuff.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:19:13 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 02:51:21 am »

Just tonight. First lucid dream in a while, too.

I was having the usual "naked in a public place" nightmare, when it occured to me "wait a second. This doesn't make any sense. I dont recall how I got here, and this stuff is usually a dream." At which point I decided to prove it by screaming at people and jumping up and down. (And while I was doing that and looking st their faces of shock, I was thinking "it'd better be a dream or I'm in deep shit"
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Danaru

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% Manly
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2011, 03:25:39 am »

My wierdest dream that doesn't involve any embarassing freudian stuff is a dream where I was The Doctor (the eleventh one specifically, Matt Smith), and I was in a water pumping room, there was a bunch of machinery working, and half the room was flooded (there was a cat-walk around one giant pump, and half of it was lower than the other, with stairs leading down, the bottom half was like a foot below water) and for some reason, I really, REALLY wanted an apple, and there were lots of apples around, on counters, in bowls, in the water, but every single one of them had a bite taken out of them, or even worse, someone just dug their teeth into some of them, not enough to eat any, but just enough to make it so I didn't want to eat it.

I often like to ponder the deeper meaning of dreams, but I think that one was just wierd for wierdness sake
Odd how "Experiment" in DF is often synonymous with "Raging inferno of death and dispair"

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2011, 10:07:19 am »

I dreamed that I was in Italy (dunno how I knew but I just did) and that I was working as a janitor in a somewhat empty restaurant. I suddenly decided to go to the register and take out several hundred of whatever currency they were using.
I snuck upstairs into the bathroom and before long I could hear shouts coming down the hallway.
I knew that they were coming for me and so I squeezed myself through the bathroom window and began running as fast and silently as I could.
I snuck onto a train and then sped off into the horizon.

weirdest dream ever for me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2011, 10:10:35 am »

Repeated dreams about needing to write a blog post before my logic midterm today.

I don't even know, bro.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2011, 10:57:00 am »

A few nights ago I had a dream I was watching a film in a cinema about Slender Man. The film was really bad quality, around 70's era video quality. The costumes looked pretty damn bad and Slender Man himself looked like some guy in a balaclava. Then I had to go into this really nasty bathroom and I couldn't tell the difference between the sinks and the urinals. Then I woke up.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2011, 08:08:47 am »

I had that weird swirly dream again.

Kastrol Aslaasri

• Bay Watcher
  • Endut! Hoch Hech!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2011, 10:12:59 am »

I think I can't write the entire dream in a legible english, so I'm gonna try to post the important things.

Brian May of Queen playing poker with Perfect Cell of Dragon Ball, in a middle of some kind of stadium made of dirt. Cell came out of a spaceship. And there was little Cell Jrs thas hide cards in Brian May's hair, and say that he was cheating.

Fin.
She was also sad that her father's corpse was rotting in his bedroom, but that's a minor inconvenience.
I love this game so much.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2011, 10:44:31 am »

Dreaming about a place and being pushed aside, and it happened the next day in the same spot :O

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2011, 01:37:30 pm »

I know that this may not qualify because it's not me, and it was a while ago, but yeah.

My daughter woke me up in the middle of the night by screaming unintelligibly and punching me in the face. When I asked her what the matter was, the only word she would say for a few minutes was "Unicorns". After a while, she stated that the unicorns were attempting to eat her, but it was okay because she would just punch their heads off and then eat their meat. She then promptly fell back asleep in my lap.

...she had just recently turned two years old.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2011, 01:39:20 pm »

You gave me daymares now

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2011, 01:43:56 pm »

You're welcome!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5