Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More control of good/evil in advanced world gen  (Read 849 times)

Dienes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More control of good/evil in advanced world gen
« on: September 06, 2011, 12:06:34 am »

The advanced world generation options are really powerful and its possible to make some incredible worlds. If you use a tool like perfectworld its not hard to make some really crazy things. Unfortunately the only control we have over good and evil regions is to set the minimum square count. This is way less control than the other biome defining features and makes it hard to make viable worlds that have extremes of good and evil.

I've been trying to make a hell world with tons of savagery and evil biomes and megabeasts but its very hard to ensure that enough civilizations survive (or can even be placed). I can specify enough low savagery mountains/forests/plains but once the evil square count gets to a Fun level it tends to overrun all the habitable areas.

Adding either a full good/evil map specification like for the elevation/rainfall/savagery/etc or adding a good/evil mesh option would give players much greater control than the current square count.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: More control of good/evil in advanced world gen
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 03:00:06 am »

I'd really like to see this.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: More control of good/evil in advanced world gen
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 03:10:01 am »

Posting to support, keep us updated. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.