Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Roll to take out the Evil Overlord  (Read 9073 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take out the Evil Overlord
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2011, 11:32:27 pm »

Clearly, this wetness is penance from the Gods of Fire!  I have failed to pay my respects!

Begin worshiping fire.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2011, 02:52:14 am »

Keep stealthily sniping, I'm loving this, make it stealthy.  Forget about contacting the group, Use a flashbang to draw the guards out of the castle, and snipe them, and LOOT them.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2011, 08:49:07 pm »

Roll 9

Tersr:[3]"Ok. If you have any questions, come back to me. bye!"You exit the house and swim to the beach.

Sinpwn:[6]Deciding that you don't need to find what is above you, you drill forward. You hit metal after some time. The metal is to strong to drill through, and goes down for miles.

Frelock:[4]You go into the forest and stab trees in the back. You get a +1 to stabbing.

Wolfchild:[4]After waiting for 5-minutes, the doctors come and fix your arm. You are now not majorly wounded.

NRDL:[3]You re-do your aim and fire at the guard in your sights[2]hitting his iron-toeed shoe instead. [5] He does feel the shock, cradles his foot, and falls back-wards off the wall.

Toaster:[2]You begin making a shrine to the fire gods. instantly after you start building it, it gets struck by lightning. Looks like they don't want you building a shrine.

GAME EVENT: South of Outlon is The main port city of Cyprus, Kumok. Near it is the weapons research center.

Spoiler: Directions (click to show/hide)
Location: Toaster, and Frelock are in Outlon. Wolfchild is in Ducas, outside the pool. Tersr is at Lake Caratus. NRDL,Is outside the walls of Castle Evilton. Sinpwn is at the forest outside Castle Evilton.
Time:It is 8:30 PM

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2011, 08:55:17 pm »

Head towards castle Evilton
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2011, 08:59:57 pm »

Chuck makes his way out of the mine, reinforcing it (mainly covering the hole under the truck) as he goes and informs The End (and Garum, once he arrives.) of his breaching point.
"Lad, I've build us an entrance to the castle, deep under the ground. We need to go meet up with the rest of the group and get more supplies. We especially need something that can cut through the metal foundation that the fiend has build down there.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2011, 09:15:12 pm »

Go into town and buy a cell phone.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2011, 10:18:57 pm »

KEEP SNIPING THE NOOB.  Stealthily.  Oh, and USE FLASH GRENADES TO LURE THEM OUT. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2011, 10:35:35 pm »

RUN toward the castle, so as to dry myself out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2011, 11:06:34 pm »

Stealthily move towards the castle, improving my stealth skill as I go.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2011, 07:46:24 pm »

Everyone now has colors to help with finding out who's talking to who.
Roll 10

[color=red]Tersr:[/color][2]You get into your car and drive to Outlon. You then walk into a Y&Y store. Y&Y is the main cellphone provider in the country, providing coverage to 79% of the country. You find that You have no money, so you cannot buy anything.

Sinpwn:[6]You use some of the rock you found while mining to cover the hole that you made under the truck. You then exit out of the mine and find The End Sniping to his heart's delight.
"Lad, I've build us an entrance to the castle, deep under the ground. We need to go meet up with the rest of the group and get more supplies. We especially need something that can cut through the metal foundation that the fiend has build down there."
"Hmm. If you can't break it, we might need to find an alternate way to get in, mainly through the door."

Frelock:[1]You stumble through the forest that goes to Castle Evilton. You make loud noise and eventually trip. You then look-up [2] to see a black bear staring into your face. Oh carp.

Wolfchild:[2]You walk down the road to the castle, but trip on garbage can. You then stumble along and make some wrong turns, and finally make it half-way through the forest road.

NRDL:[5]You continue on your sniping spree. you end-up neutralizing all the guards in the area, [2]but fail to get the guards in the other areas. Chuck then walks up to you and says, "Lad, I've build us an entrance to the castle, deep under the ground. We need to go meet up with the rest of the group and get more supplies. We especially need something that can cut through the metal foundation that the fiend has build down there."
"Hmm. If you can't break it, we might need to find an alternate way to get in, mainly through the door."

]Toaster:[6]You run through a propane fire, jump through a few shrubs, and run all the way to Castle evilton. Half-way there, you look behind you. A house is on fire. "Oh well."You then run all the way to Castle Evilton, [6] just missing The conversation.

GAME EVENT: So, whats the progress on the siege?
"All the guards in this area are neutralized, but we can't dig under the castle as there is a wall of an unknown metal under the castle."
"Ya got any ideas on how to break it?"

Spoiler: Directions (click to show/hide)
Location: Toaster is in Outlon. Wolfchild is in Ducas, outside the pool. Tersr is at Lake Caratus. NRDL and Sinpwn is outside the walls of Castle Evilton. Frelock is in the forest outside Castle Evilton.
Time:It is 9:00 PM

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2011, 08:01:47 pm »

(Not to knock on wood, but these have been some awesome rolls for me. You should see if your flamethrower is hot enough to soften the metal so that we could break through, toaster.)

If we can break through the metal this turn:

Chuck charges through the breach, firing his woodchucker and Chuck launcher and any hostiles in the area.)

If we can not break through the metal this turn:

Chuck heads back to town to see if he can find/steal/buy a blowtorch or laser and six radio transmitters.

Chuck uses his loose psychic connection with Rick Aaron that will not be mentioned after this point to learn that there is something that can break through the metal foundation near Kumok, so he heads there.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 03:04:26 pm by Sinpwn »

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2011, 08:29:29 pm »

Go south to the research center place.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2011, 11:54:47 pm »

Tame Blackbear, and mount it to become Bear Cavalry!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2011, 08:15:24 am »

When all you have is fire, everything looks flammable.

"Fire?  Actually, that research center sounds good.  We can find some way to make hotter fire!"

Head to the research center in search of better fire!

Also, bear cavalry.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2011, 08:53:56 am »

I'm more of the "distract the guards" type of guy, so continue the bloody sniping and PLEASE use the EFFING FLASH

GRENADES!!!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9