Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Roll to take out the Evil Overlord  (Read 9080 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to take out the Evil Overlord
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 10:59:21 pm »

Fall asleep, conserve energy.

P.S. what time of the day is it?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 11:02:27 pm »

Go north and learn to swim better till a logical time to go to sleep.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 11:07:03 pm »

Apply for a job around town

Resume:

Name: Chuck
Skillset: Chucking
Previous employments: Miner, Lumberjack and Mercenary
Why you should hire me: Do ye value yer life?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 11:12:14 pm »

Could I join a waiting list if it will be active?

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:53:17 am by lawastooshort »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 08:44:16 am »

Look for a job involving fire.

How serious is this, and how limited to reality are potential skills/powers?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 04:59:38 pm »

Go swimming, gotta stay fit you know
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 06:22:38 pm »

Roll 1

Tersr:[3]After exiting the door, you head to the north of the town. After going to the edge of the town, you find that Lake Caratus is at least 2 turns away, and has some potential for plot development.

Toaster:[1]You head outside and find a sign board with a list of jobs. The only jobs you find contain water, such as fixing a leaky pipe, putting out forest fires, and pouring water at the festival that happens once every year.

Sinpwn:[4]You put-up your resume on the list of jobs. You instantly have a person turn to you, "Hi, i'm Jack Green. theres a tree spirit that took refuge in my backyard, and sprouted a forest in my backyard and soruounding my house. I would help you my giving you and anyone who comes with you free modifications for their weapons." He pauses a moment to give you a magazine about his shop. "If you accept, my house is in Outlon, near the suburbs. Do you accept?" [Y/N]

Frelock:[4]You walk down to the center of the town. In the central park, you see a series of 50' inch Flat-screen televisions with wireless adapters on the back. In the center, a statue of a Greek hoplite in armor with a spear held high. The hoplite is riding a Mule doing a hand-stand. The park is filled with exotic and colorful flowers, along with freshly cut trees and hedge mazes.

Wolfchild:[4] Instead of heading to the lake, you search around town for an indoor pool. You find one, which has pools 3-5 ft,5-10 ft,10-20 ft, and 20-50 ft. Which one do you go to?

NRDL:[6]You drop Asleep near the side of the door.

GAME EVENT:

Spoiler: Directions (click to show/hide)
Location: You are in an inn. The inn is located close to the central park of Ducas.
Time:It is 6:33 PM

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

The RTD is not super serious. Magic is existent, but limited to combat, and unstable, as in 6's and 1's are really bad, but the spells are powerful.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 06:26:06 pm »

The big one
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 06:39:13 pm »

Look around for a bike or something and if nothing is near go north for two turns.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:43:57 pm by Tersr »
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 06:50:06 pm »

"Haha! that's soundin' fantastic! I'll rally up mah buddies and those pesky trees'll be gone as soon as ye can blink!" The mercenary bellowed. He then proceeded to go find Toaster and anyone else interested in partaking in some tree carnage and headed to Outlon.

accept quest, inform party and head to Outlon!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 07:37:13 pm »

Join Sinpwn and head to Outlon
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 07:48:32 pm »

Tree removal- now there's a job with my name on it!

Head out to Outlon with the group.  See if I can get some gasoline on the way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 09:27:07 pm »

Wake up suddenly and go with the rest of the group.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 09:38:24 pm »

So Wolf and I are the only people not going to clear the trees, and we're going swimming,I see nothing wrong with this.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 10:11:03 pm »

Roll 2

Tersr:[6]You decide to look for a bike. You are about to turn around when a car passes by. You get an idea. You use 2 branches and some rope as a slingshot, and fling yourself into the car threw the window. You kick the guy out of the car, who flys out the other window. You then hit the throttle and speed towards the lake. You will make it there next turn.

Toaster:[4]AFter CHuck informs you about the mission, you head with him enthusiastically. You manage to find 2 gallons of gasoline along the way.

Sinpwn:[-]"Haha! that's soundin' fantastic! I'll rally up mah buddies and those pesky trees'll be gone as soon as ye can blink!" In a few minutes, most of the team is rallied up, and you head out. The town isn't as far as you thought, and you make it the the town in a few minutes.

Frelock:[4]You follow Chuck to Outlon.

Wolfchild:[5]You open the door, change in the waiting room, and Jump into the pool. You do some stunts, some loops, and dives and gain a +1 to acrobatics. You then notice some movement deeper in the pool.

NRDL:[3]You stand fully awake, and rush to Chuck, though trip along the way.

GAME EVENT: They party reaches Jacks house. "Welcome!" He says, coming out of a gate, "Your the group that accepted my job, yes? Come, i'll let you into the backyard."The group follows Jack into the backyard, and then jack enters his house.  The forest is in front of the group.

Spoiler: Directions (click to show/hide)
Location: NRDL,Sinpwn, Toaster, and Frelock are in Outlon, in Jack's backyard. Wolfchild is in Ducas, in the pool. Tersr is half-way to Lake Caratus.
Time:It is 6:33 PM

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9