Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34

Author Topic: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!  (Read 56289 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!
« Reply #435 on: September 14, 2011, 10:11:30 am »

how would that matter? I am giving away my already existing raw materials producing buildings. And I placed an oil derrick this morning.

2 people already accepted the deal and received their mine.

so, I would say it is working.
Sorry, missread...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 14, 2011, 10:20:14 am »

2: Mining isn't getting done for Country benefit, more to fill peoples pockets and to build the 5th Foundry for their personal use

I've been mining and basically selling it for pretty reasonable prices. :|

Also we have 132 THOUSAND dollars in the treasury, just letting it sit there does nothing, donate it to yourself and use it to fund what needs to be done, like buying materials off the ones vying for profit.  I try to sell whatever I have on the market so that any money I make gets taxed but people like being wankers and wanting me to sell to them directly.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 14, 2011, 10:31:30 am »

had that problem too, somebody asked me to sell out of market just to avoid taxes. I sell out of market plenty, but that is because people aren't at tripoli often.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 14, 2011, 10:34:09 am »

What I'm a bit concerned about is our milforce, as we have pretty much 0, and even some of the lowest countries on the list have close to 10k. The countries directly under us are in the 30k-60k range. Are the negative effects of being invaded low enough that we can safely ignore this?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:35:41 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 14, 2011, 10:38:45 am »

You guys need a military, so you can stop any invaders.

Real life Libya is having a tantrum spiral  :P

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 14, 2011, 10:56:04 am »

You guys need a military, so you can stop any invaders.

The annoying thing is that its appartments and Pop buildings that need to be constructed. But you know what gets prostituted. The 10th tool factory *over exaggeration.
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 14, 2011, 11:02:03 am »

The annoying thing is that its appartments and Pop buildings that need to be constructed. But you know what gets prostituted. The 10th tool factory *over exaggeration.

The first Modern Apartment in Future's plot got finished and is powered so you could set up a couple Barracks there and start utilizing that one.

May I suggest removing those two and putting in higher tech level population buildings? Those will only add 120 both, while there are 250 Population stuff we could build instead and use materials that everyone seems focused on, Hell with a normal skyscraper I'd only need steel to build it and would add 250 population.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:07:49 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 14, 2011, 11:03:42 am »

The first Modern Apartment in Future's plot got finished and is powered so you could set up a couple Barracks there and start utilizing that one.
Just need Iron for them, been asking for the past week...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #443 on: September 14, 2011, 11:23:08 am »

Please give me specific directions and I'll do what needs to be done. I can't dig through all the chat log, all the job offers, and sometimes even this thread because I simply don't have the time for it most of the week. I usually have time to log in once or twice a day, set up a few activities, and then go to work (or bed, if I'm coming home from work). If someone can set something up somewhere convenient where I can load the page/message/whatever, read from one person, preferably our leader, specifically what needs to be done (not "resources" - which resources, and where can I get them, and should I sell them on the market or donate them, and to who or at what price, etc.), I'll happily do whatever I'm asked. But I just don't have the time to figure it out for myself right now, I'm working 10-12 hours per day and the last thing I need when I get home is to read through pages of arguments just to try to figure out what resource I should be going after (and even if I do figure it out, I don't know the country's plots well enough to tell where to get it without wasting loads of time I don't have traveling around looking). So most of the time I just set my guy to eat then forage and sell whatever I find on the market. Give me more specific instructions please, and I'll be as useful as I can.

Right now I'm hunter 5 / miner 4. I have plenty of unused experience (all of it actually) but haven't decided how to invest it yet so I'll just leave it be for now. I own nothing but the resources I've gathered, almost all of which are for sale on the market in Libya so they can be properly taxed. I still don't know what to do with this mulberry sprout. Anyone want it? I also just got a mushroom colony sprout. I'm happy to donate them. If no one wants them, tell me a reasonable market price and I'll hope foreigners will come buy them and at least get our country some tax.

I have no interest in earning lots of money or owning property. I'm too casual of a player and too caught up in real life to worry about my progress in an online game. I do generally enjoy playing social games with B12ers, so I want to join in here and help everyone out. But I need better directions than "YOU GUYS ARE DOING EVERYTHING WRONG, DO IT BETTER" followed by 30 conflicting ideas about how to fix the situation.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 14, 2011, 12:04:10 pm »

I just put a bit of materials to sell in the market, so if anyone wants to help me, and can find a use for iron ore/wood/stone...I'd be grateful :D
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 14, 2011, 12:54:15 pm »

Seeing as I have nothing better to do, I'll probably be joining SimRepublic. I'm thinking of being a soldier and some other job. What should I pick for the second one?

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 14, 2011, 01:03:48 pm »

Seeing as I have nothing better to do, I'll probably be joining SimRepublic. I'm thinking of being a soldier and some other job. What should I pick for the second one?

soldier isn't a proper profession and isn't selectable from the start
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 14, 2011, 01:30:34 pm »

Wow I disagree we don't need operators, I am having a hard time getting production done because of lack of engineers taking jobs.  I have a good amount of raw materials, and am prepared to get more, but now my cash is draining because nothing's being produced and I'm paying for inputs (but not much longer).

And hey, thanks for "foundries for personal gain" - I built one foundry so I could fund jobs because I was hearing of the scarcity of iron, and the foundries seemed constantly in use.  The foundries have a ONE user limit which makes it bloody awful to try to let multiple operators use them without collision, so I placed a 2nd one to allow separate scheduling.  The buildings are cheap enough and the product seems to be SUCH a bottleneck that that seems a very small price to pay to save precious operator time.

As to the "we're not playing DF" - the flip side of that is that this is a game, we are unpaid volunteers not draftees in a military organization.  We're playing to have fun, and what's fun differs for different people.  Fun for me would be presentation of a sound plan, people buying into that plan, and then working together efficiently to accomplish the plan.  NOT fun for me would be getting ordered to do things and being kept in the dark.  "stfu and grind gimlet" = adios, there are a lot of other games in my backlog...

Edit: and i just got a 3rd foundry in a deal - and I STILL think it wouldn't be crazy to build a few more so that there are multiple people who can approve jobs so that applicants don't have to wait 20 hours to get started....

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:37:58 pm by gimlet »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 14, 2011, 02:05:26 pm »

<-- trying to find a source of iron ore so I can get that going through jobs while I stay on coal and work toward oil.

Incidentally, I posted a discover job for any scientists out there. 10 ticks, $50/tick, $100 bonus for L4-L5 worker, $200 bonus for L6+ worker upon completion.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 14, 2011, 02:25:00 pm »

I may get engineer for a third profession once I get enough exp, was thinking about building/soldier, but we really need to fix this econ.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34