Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: War on Zombies  (Read 17842 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: War on Zombies (Accepting players)
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2011, 10:38:56 am »

(((@Shadenight: of course yer can we have one more free spot now that vagel joined.)))

The Grey Guard Industries HQ

the receptionist paled at the mentioning of the name of one of its greatest funders,founders and supporters of the Grey Guard. She hurried to inform the CEO.

A enormous man in the uniform in the Grey Guard strode in, his face and head concealed by a gas-mask-helmet. Silently he beckoned Xavier to follow him. It took felt ages passing through al the security posts, but finally the 2 entered the enormous office.

The same man who had talked with the Prime Minister of Scotland sat at the table. His face had a wide grin. He stood up and walked towards the man.

Xavier! What a surprise...i haven't seen you since years how may i help you?

Office of the British Prime Minister
As the CEO entered his face was showing restrained anger.
Greetings Prime Minister, i am Mr.Grey CEO of Grey Guard Industries. I come here with an offer for your country. The recent secession of Scotland must have been a heavy blow to your country. The people are either scared or aggravated by the events and the UK is as weak as it has never been. I am here to offer you to remedy that. My advisors assured me that Britain was lacking any significant defensive forces a security risk which in face of a eventual Scottish invasion could prove dangerous. I therefore offer you the following deal: Grey Guard industries will provide you with the means to defend the United Kingdom against it's enemies and restore it to it's old glory. What do you think?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2011, 11:35:04 am »

The President looked at the man, and replied "I am sorry, but I do not need your services at the moment as I have no threat of being invaded. The UK, and Scotland are currently trying to restore relations with each other, so I see no need to hire you for anything at the moment. Now if you would please leave I will contact you if I have any need of your services. Have a good day."

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2011, 01:02:36 pm »

Two things I'd like to point out.

1. Organizations can have more than 3 people.

2. Troops cost 2 credits, not 1.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2011, 01:24:33 pm »

yep sorry my bad :P ignore the Troops order then

Office of the British Prime Minister

Mr.Grey missed the days when the British had been polite, it seemed that these days the downfall of their empire had also affected their behaviour. He stood up nodded a last time to the Prime Minister and left. Pff as if he were some simple servant, barbarians these people...

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2011, 03:23:47 pm »

(yeahy)

Mumblings are always heard deep in the basements of the Grey guard industries.
These mumblings come principaly from a single scientist. One of the most smart minds of the century. So why is he there? because he's also one of the most eccentric one, whose ideas usually in one way or another bring forth new possibilities. He's one of those who points the finger, and hopes the others realize what he's pointing at. He is now eagerly waiting to know how the cloning fundings went. He enjoys nothing more than play god by splitting dna. it's fun!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2011, 04:34:53 pm »

2 Labs built

Half of my labs and one credit towards improving efficiency in the civilian economy
Other half towards improving the military's efficiency

Both with a goal of reducing waste and fraud.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2011, 04:08:21 am »

Turn 2

(Note, I'm not doing any actual math for this turn; Want to get through this turn as quick as possible, will begin using math next turn.)
(Note, please bold all actions.)
(Another Note, write the name of your nation/organisation on top of your post please.)

Nations

Canada
Credits insufficient; 2 labs being constructed. Will be complete by next turn.
Research starred on perfecting nuclear fusion; 70 turns (Are you really sure about this?)
(1) Your ambassadors and envoys are incompetent. They mess up the deals completely.

Stats

- 6 labs
- 8 credits per turn
- 1 troop in Canada
- 1 troop in South America

Credits: 0

Research Projects

Nuclear Fusion: 70 turns

Mongolia

The leader of Mongolia demands that 1 troop be established. Using all the income of this turn, one is raised.
Researchers are also put to work to improve national infrastructure. 1 turns.

Stats
- 2 credits per turn
- 2 troop in Mongolia

Research Projects
Infrastructure Improvements: 1 turns

Saudi Arabia

The new king of Saudi Arabia, calling himself "Orb", has hired two organisations to deal with the threat of pirates.

(2) A force of pirates have raided yet another town. A credit has been taken to repair damages.

Meanwhile, researchers are trying to increase production of oil. 2 turns

Stats
-2 labs
- 5 credits per turn
- 3 troops in Saudi Arabia

Credits: 4

Research projects

Deeper Oil Wells: 2 turns

Australia

The government of glorious Australia has decreed the construction of several labs, unfortunately only one is able to be bought. Will be complete by next turn.

A new project, entitled "Walker" is set up. Automated factories is the goal of this project. Funding of two credits have been used up on the project. 5 turns.

Stats
- 6 labs
- 6 credits per turn
- 6 troops in Australia

Research Projects

Project Walker: 5 turns.

Scotland

The new government of Scotland quickly begins research into the beginnings of super soldiers; just in case. 3 credits have been put into the project. 10 turns.

(6) Incredibly, the Ecuadorian government not only allows you to create training grounds on the islands,it offers to construct the base itself. Unfortunately, they want 8 credits or else they spill this to the media. (I've put away your 2 credits for now; might want to think on this)

You also sign a secret deal with the United Kingdom. You both agree to work on Project Sol. 18 turns.

Later on, Grey Guard Industries has offered to help "protect your independence". You have refused there offer.

Stats
- 4 labs
- 5 credits per turn

Credits: 2

Research Projects:
Biogenic Alteration: 10 turns
Project Sol: 18 turns

Japan

The new Prime Minister of Japan, Geen, has ordered the start of a new military project, codenamed REX. The aim of the project is to create mechanical bipeds. 34 turns.

Stats
- 6 labs
-  10 credits per turn

Credits: 10

Research Projects
Project REX :34 turns

United States

President Strife, as his first order, has put researchers to work on improving the efficiency of the civilian economy. 4 turns.

A military version of the project has also been started. 5 turns.

Both of these projects will try to reduce waste and fraud

Stats
- 8 labs
- 10 credits per turn
- 4 troops in US
- 3 troops in Saudi Arabia
-7 troops in South America

Credits: 10

Research Projects

Military Efficiency: 5 turns
Civilian Efficiency: 4 turns

United Kingdom

With the Prime Minister sick of a rare disease, Lord President adwarf (how the hell did the president become temporary leader!?) has stepped up and begun working on several projects.

Spoiler: Dragoon (click to show/hide)
3rd priority. 34 turns

Spoiler: Sol (click to show/hide)
1st priority. 18 turns.

Spoiler: Jackal (click to show/hide)
2nd priority. 5 turns.

Stats
- 4 labs
- 6 credits per turn

Credits: 6

Research Projects:
Project Dragoon: 34 turns
Project Sol: 18 turns
Project Jackal: 5 turns

Russia

Russia has always been a state to speak with those considered enemies by the rest of the world, such as this terror group in Somalia.You agree to pressure China. (5) The Chinese ambassadors are confused why you would want them to withdraw troops, but they follow with your demands. They have lessened the flow of troops to Somalia.

Stats
-6 labs
- 9 credits per turn
-8 troops in Russia

Organisations

Al-Shabaab

After some talks with Russian envoys, Chinese troops have been lessened.

It has been decided that aid from Ethiopia and Eritrea will be needed to survive this war.
(1) Ethiopia is unfortunately, unhappy with an Islamic theocracy on its front door. They have rebuffed you, jailed your envoy, and sent in troops to combat you in Somalia.
(4) Eritea on the other hand does decide to give you supplies, in exchange for trade contracts should you achieve dominance in Somalia. 1 troop gained.

Your talks with the Saudi Arabians went perfectly, all that needs to be done now is to deal with the pirates. (1) Your troops aren't the most convincing lot, preaching that the pirates will go to A Very Bad Place for their actions is not a good idea when your doing it in a) their home villages b) when they armed c) when they are in earshot, and d) when they rely on piracy to sustain themselves. They torture your troops, kill them, and send back their heads to you.

Stats
- 1 credits per turn
- 4 troops in Somalia

Credits: 1

Research Projects

Grey Guard Industries

Your negotiations with the Scottish and English governments go no where. However, you do get a contract out of the Arabians.

You ship your your regiments out to Arabia and get them to sail down the gulf in empty freighters. (2+1) While ingenious, these pirates are have something you weren't expecting: RPGs. As soon as you begin firing, they fire back. (1) Fortunately, they have incredibly bad aim and shoot into the ocean or miss your soldiers. Probably new to the industry. (3+1) After a long battle, your troops are able to defeat this batch of pirates, but these were only one band of many. Your not even close to defeating them.

Stats
-1 credits per turn
-2 troops in Norway

Infection

Madagascar authorities are beginning to send in medical assistance to the affected villagers. They have asked for aid from the people of the world.

A case of the disease has been found in Antananarivo.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:46:54 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2011, 04:34:38 am »

Spend 5 credits speeding up Walker, Send Madagascar one credit in foreign aid.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2011, 05:06:07 am »

Mother Russia

Begin raising an army, the max amount that I can before I start going into the negative money zone.  Continue trying to increase the country's income, and balance the budget.

Also, can you guys do write the name of your country on top of you post?  I actually had no idea that I was intervening on the behalf of an Islamic terrorrist organization, I don't regret it, but I'd like to know in the future.

Oh, and conduct secret meeting with Al Shabaab, sell them unmarked, untraceable weapons ( guns, explosives ) on the condition that they attack the U.S. without leaving a trail to Russia.  Remember, this meeting must be very secret. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: War on Zombies
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2011, 06:51:32 am »

The Great Mongolian Khanate

Save up my income and begin to try to increase the economy.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2011, 07:53:10 am »

United Kingdom

Use two of the labs to research economic improvements for my country.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 07:56:00 am by adwarf »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2011, 08:08:12 am »

Staff Meeting of Grey Guard Industries

The room was almost empty except for the three men sitting at the enormous table. Over the years most of Grey Guards shares had gone to these three men. Mr.Xavier, Mr.Grey and the ingenious Doctor. The room was well lit due to the broad window front opening into the Norwegian landscape. on the other wall an enormous Screen showed the figures of the Corporation. Grey stood up his face betraying a slight grin.

Gentlemen, it has been going acceptable this year so far.
Our Income is steady at 1 Credit per meeting and our coffers are filled with 2 Credits.
Operations in Saudi Arabia and Somalia have been going satisfactory although slow. 2 Regiments of our Men are currently down there fighting the pirates. I suggest we use the income to raise another reigment. Any Suggestions, Wishes,Complaints?

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2011, 08:18:11 am »

Canada

Put fusion research on hold.

Build two more labs.
Begin research to increase economy.
Hire new ambassadors and envoys then increase Imports of Obsidian, ceramic compounds, titanium and Medical supplies and Exports of Gold, Silver and Gemstones.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2011, 08:51:47 am »

Yes, I would like to suggest a means to make our troops better, biological augmentation. With this we could increase their reflexes, strength, agility and endurance. We could make a new breed of super soldiers, they would be extremely efficient. I suggest we start researching the matter. Countries would want us to represent their interests in the battleground and would be willing to pay big for it.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2011, 10:11:44 am »

Mr.Grey frowned.
Well but how do you wish to subsidize this project? Labs are expensive and we can't afford to build one. I say we first do the Somalian mission raise now a Regiment and from the money we gainf rom that we establish a lab. Or we could gain research results through...other means...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26