Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: War on Zombies  (Read 17881 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: War on Zombies
« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2011, 02:41:44 am »

WARNING: Much swearing and cursing below. I'm sorry for this but I must express it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I FINISHED THE WHOLE TURN THEN I ACCIDENTLY DELETED IT ALL! I'm really sorry about the caps and swearing, but I needed to express it. The whole turn is lost, I will retype it...some time later. Two whole hours....gone.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2011, 02:42:27 am »

I offer my sincerest condolences, Micelus. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2011, 02:43:24 am »

You're forgiven. I'd swear more. Hell I might not even have spoiled it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 09, 2011, 02:56:59 am »

Reaper Inc will have to wait. I know how you feel though.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 09, 2011, 02:58:42 am »

Why don't you post several times, reserve them for space, then right out the turn, bit by bit, in each reserved post? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 09, 2011, 02:59:23 am »

Fine, but only if I get to swear in each of those posts.

In any case, I'm taking my anger out through Dwarf Fortress and these random songs I found in my mod folder.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 09, 2011, 03:00:44 am »

Fine, but only if I get to swear in each of those posts.

In any case, I'm taking my anger out through Dwarf Fortress and these random songs I found in my mod folder.

You may swear as much as possible. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 09, 2011, 03:05:09 am »

As long as.

a. It isn't bad for your health. Swearing until you run out of air never helps anyone.
b. The turn goes up eventually.
c. you tell us what the random songs are.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 09, 2011, 03:12:27 am »

TURN 4

(Mechanisms are being added.)
(Should mention this, to speed up research, you need at least 4 credits. Will still accept the 2-3 credit speed-ups this turn.

United Kingdom

The Lord President spent his day meeting with the queen and the citizens.

Stats
- 4 labs
- 6 credits per turn

Credits: 6

Research Projects:
Project Dragoon: 31 turns
Project Sol: 15 turns
Project Jackal: 2 turns

Australia

You recruit 3 troops with 6  credits.

Your scientists come up with a very radical yet innovative research project, a entire navy that can submerge. This will take around 50 turns and cost 90 credits to fund.

STATS

- 7 labs
- 6 credits per turn
- 9 troops in Australia
- 80% morale

Research Projects

Project Walker: 2 turns.
Project Seastalker: 50 turns and 90 credits to fund.

Canada

You hire ambassadors. they cost 1 credit.
Research is complete on the economy. +1 credits.
2 credits for a lab.

Stats

- 10 labs (1 being constructed)
- 9 credits per turn
- 4 troop in Canada
- 1 troop in South America
- 82% morale

Credits: 0

Research Projects
Improve Economy: 6 turns

Russia

To support your activities new taxes are brought in. (2) They are unpopular and there are protests in several cities. -4% morale.

Your troops go about defending the Motherland and patrolling its streets. (5) The people are quite relieved to see that there money is going into security. +3% morale

For some strange reason, the president has decreed the creation of a cossack-like unit of soldiers. It will take 8 turns to research a way of fighting and to train the soldiers.

Stats
-6 labs
- 2 Spy training centres
- 9 credits per turn
-17 troops in Russia
- 78% morale.

Credits: 27

Research Projects
Cossack Project: 8 turns

Mongolia

There is little that particularly needs doing in Mongolia; the people are content and live the ways of their ancestors or those of the city-goers. However, you do notice that Mongolia has a lot of wind. So much in fact, that by constructing wind plants all over the country would be quite benificial. The research project is started. 5 turns.

Your advisors are still requesting 3 credits to upgrade the country infrastructure.

Stats
- 2 credits per turn
- 2 troop in Mongolia
- 87& morale

Credits: 4

Research Projects
Wind Power: 5 turns

Saudi Arabia

You relay orders to to defend the Saudi Arabian Coast. Of course, your commanders have been doing that for some time and are sounding quite bored with that particular order.

Research is complete on the oil wells. The designs are being spread around. +2 credits per turn.
4 credits given to Madagascar via ship.

Stats
-2 labs
-1 spy training centre
- 7 credits per turn
- 4 troops in Saudi Arabia
-59% morale

Credits: 9

Japan

4 credits into 2 labs.
2 credits given to Madagascar.

The rest of your credits you pour into the agricultural department and the farmers themselves. Your agricultural advisors however say that the nation cannot handle any increased agriculture other wise the ecosystem will collapse.

(2) While you were busy developing the nation, mother nature was busy planning on destroying Japan...again. As usual, it comes in the form of an earthquake.  (2) The effects are dire. Soon a tsunami is formed from the earthquake's ruptures. The coastlines of Kochi, Tokushima, and Wakayama have been wrecked. All in all the repair costs comes out at 15 credits.

Stats
- 9 labs (2 being constructed)
-  10 credits per turn
-72% morale

Credits: -15

Research Projects
Project REX :30 turns

United States
Build one lab

Rest of action is...not understandable by me. The Difficulty Deal has been researched and I believe bank means save.
Research complete. +2 credits per turn. Information is easier to acquire.

(5) You request information on the South American Conflict form your generals and military advisors. It all started last year when it was discovered that Argentina had been  masterminding a huge plot to make Chile and Uruguay into puppet states. Brazil, being the regional power, thrust its weight around and demanded answers and suspension of activities. Unfortunately for Brazil, the gambit of Argentina had been just about complete, so there were already thousands of officials, military officers, politicians, and all the rest willing to serve Argentina in Uruguay and Chile. And so Brazil declared war and began sending troops. Paraguay would  eventually join the war on Brazil's side.

As the war progressed, little progress was made. So as a morale-booster, the Argentinian government sent a force to take the Falklands again, this time, due to the UK's domestic woes and their demilitirization, they were taken. As it so happened, the US still has a military alliance with the UK and so was forced into the war. Around this time Argentina should have been beaten back by American machinery and strength, but amazingly, the Argentians had been able to get semi-advanced weaponry and  teach their troops to fight in the way Americans seemed to hate so much.

Stats
- 10 labs (2 lab being made)
-2 spy training centres
- 12 credits per turn
- 4 troops in US
- 3 troops in Saudi Arabia
-7 troops in South America
- 79% morale

Research Projects

Scotland

After initial tests showed promise, the Scottish Prime Minister immediately began the Elementa mirum project that would hopefully lead to utilization of the studied elements.

While the Scots are for the most part patriotic about their new independent nation, there are still concerns about the Scottish way. And to combat this, you have financed a company's cereal, a scottish made and owned brand called "Wheat Marshmallows".

2 credits into Biogenic Alteration.

Stats
- 4 labs
- 5 credits per turn
- 80% morale

Credits: 7

Research Projects:
Project Kame: 1 turns
Biogenic Alteration: 7 turns
Project Sol: 16 turns
Project: Elementa mirum 50 turns

Al-Shabaab

1 troop created

Now was the time for Somalis to be taken by the organisation. That is what you thought, that is what your council thought. It would be difficult, perhaps foolish, but you were determined. It will be a long campaign.

(5) Initial attacks are showing good signs. You've taken a few towns without too much bloodshed.
(2) However, your troops are immediately surrounded North and West by Ethiopian and UN troops.

(3-1) Your troops dealing with the Ethiopians...are not the smartest men out there, but they get the job done...They for the Ethiopians to retreat from combat for. Unfortunately, in the chaos, a whole troop was destroyed.
(6) On your northern march, your troops encounter a UN held region. They have at least 30 troops stationed here, keep going?

In your raids and captures, you have gained 6 credits.

Stats
- 1 credits per turn
-5 troops in Somalia

Credits: 8

Research Projects

Grey Guard Industries

The company has a lot of war booty on its hands.

The first  thing they do with it is to buy up the lot down the road from HQ and turn it into a lab. -4 credits.
The second thing was to recruit new soldiers into the damaged troop regiments. -2 credits
-3 credits are used to pay for the freighters.

With the troops up for combat, and the freighters paid for, the campaign against the pirates is resumed in earnest.
(1) You aren't very lucky however; your troops are ambushed on their way to a village.

(1-1) vs (4)

The ambushers have caused confusion amongst your new troops and are pressing their advantages. They have a superior position, larger numbers, and knowledge of the terrain.

(3-1) vs (6)

The men are stuck in the middle of the road without cover besides their vehicles. They are quickly slaughtered.

You have lost 2 regiments.

(4) Fortunately, the survivors are able to make a retreat.

Stats
-1 lab being constructed
-1 credits per turn
-3 troop in Somalia.

Credits: 1

Research Projects

The Infection

Madagascar has not seen worse. Zombies are attacking openly in the north of the island while those in the south fear the night more than ever before. (3) The people of the island have found that going melee can be very effective at times, if a bit fearful.

Aid has come from unlikely places, Saudi Arabia and Japan. It should hold the infection from causing too much damage.

There have been reports of these infected finding ships and boats and sailing them away from the island, but they are probably rumours; how would they drive them?

The infected have been eradicated from the capital.

There has been news of stranger, more unique infected lurking in the wilds. Accounts vary on their description, but all say that they seem smarter.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:42:23 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 09, 2011, 03:13:38 am »

Give in to your anger, Micelus.  Strike down accidental deletion, and take your place by my side!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2011, 04:22:42 am »

Wow, this stuff is coming along really quick.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 09, 2011, 05:47:17 am »

Canada

-Continue to build as many labs as possible.
-Build and import more satellite parts.
-Begin research to increase production in the Athabasca oil sands (Better economy).

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 09, 2011, 06:03:02 am »

...Is Russia on the turn? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 09, 2011, 06:41:04 am »

Meh, WWZ is over-rated in my mind. The accurate range of a modern firearm is just too great, not even discounting the fact that modern munitions are very very very good at killing stuff out of cover.

Build two labs, put four credits (and all my labs) into improving the intelligence services, specifically, Project Valve
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 09, 2011, 06:46:34 am »

Mongolia

• Build 2 labs
  • Wait
Country Name: Lindiria