Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Pet Ghosts  (Read 24922 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Ghosts
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2011, 08:02:08 pm »

On my reclaim my ghosts just sort of chill out and watch my dwarves, since they don't know them, presumably they don't interact. I'll have to keep an eye on it.
You should check which kinds they are. My forlorn ghost has been around for quite a while and hasn't interacted with anybody but the violent ghosts are happily tearing limbs off of people they never met.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2011, 08:11:49 pm »

Most are restless, but a few forlorn, yet to have a destructive ghost. Given how my fortress died I'm actually a little surprised.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2011, 08:16:35 pm »

Most are restless, but a few forlorn, yet to have a destructive ghost. Given how my fortress died I'm actually a little surprised.
How exactly did it die? Still not quite sure exactly why they turn into the ghosts they do any insight into the moods your dwarves were in when they met the reaper could fill in some holes.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2011, 08:24:12 pm »

Terror mostly, as the elves poured in through the gates and basically gunned everyone down on their war animals. Thought I might have gotten some poltergeists out of that, but it seems not. I rarely, if ever get berserk dwarves, so I've not had any fun with the deadlier kinds yet, I just have reletively tranquil pet ghosts atm.

Haunting my pirate fort :P
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2011, 09:45:53 pm »

16 Hematite Holydunes

The baby has grown into a strapping, healthy young lad, barring the fact that he is clearly dead. Though odd this change of circumstances is a happy event. His mother took to carrying him and it began to unsettle the workers. His general nature does not seem to have changed  and is expected to continue bothering his parents.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2011, 10:03:09 pm »

Wait, what?  Is the mother handling the ghost child?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2011, 10:09:36 pm »

Wait, what?  Is the mother handling the ghost child?
Not any more, when it was still a ghost baby she picked it up and started walking around with it in what is easily the most sad/disturbing thing that has happened to me so far. But then it grew up and now it appears to be standing around.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2011, 10:13:40 pm »

I wonder if you'll be able to give it jobs when it hits Adulthood. For that matter, I wonder if it can even learn?
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2011, 10:19:14 pm »

I wonder if you'll be able to give it jobs when it hits Adulthood. For that matter, I wonder if it can even learn?
I don't think so, the fact that it's marked as undead under units probably means it's going to be useless.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2011, 10:20:14 pm »

On the note of killing ghosts that was relevant a little while ago, I've seen a fell mood target a ghost and drag it to the workshop and "kill" it before. It didn't satisfy the moody dwarf, though, so he killed someone else before making the artifact. Bit of a shame, really, I'd love some menacing spikes of ghost bone.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2011, 10:21:24 pm »

lol dont get in his fucking way - he'll kill you even if you're dead if he has to make his toe-knuckle amulet.
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2011, 10:26:37 pm »

On the note of killing ghosts that was relevant a little while ago, I've seen a fell mood target a ghost and drag it to the workshop and "kill" it before. It didn't satisfy the moody dwarf, though, so he killed someone else before making the artifact. Bit of a shame, really, I'd love some menacing spikes of ghost bone.

This is happening now. Chirpacted's new project will be getting a deranged dwarf to murder a ghost, in fact with with effective use of burrows I can make him murder all the ghosts.

If there's something strange
In your fortress halls
Who're you gonna call?
Urist-Busters!

It turns out Urist-Busters aren't a ragtag band of quirky misfits fighting ghosts their psychopaths who want to turn people into treasure.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2011, 11:43:54 pm »

Baby ghosts grow up to be simply "ghosts" (rather than, say "ghostly tanner"), and do nothing new. Unless they were tearing limbs off as babies. Actually then they still do nothing new, it just feels less creepy now that it's not a ghostly baby maiming your commander.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2011, 11:45:26 pm »

Have we seen any evidence on what supports certain ghost types?  If I want a ghostly museum, and have a dozen pleasant and polite ghosts standing around, is there a way to best achieve this?

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2011, 04:03:42 am »

well the way they live and die is an indicator generally. if you specifically want peaceful ghosts just keep your fort happy and dont bury the dead. or just dont bury those guys who were happy in life. i dont think you can get an a pleasant ghost though - that wouldn't make sense in DF anyway.
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10