Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: auto save?  (Read 1015 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
auto save?
« on: September 01, 2011, 10:02:56 am »

is there an auto save somewhere in game, if so how do i turn it on, starting to get pissed off at the game randomly crashing on me once in a wile.

found an auto save thing in d_init but does it work for adventure or is it fort only
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:13:36 am by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: auto save?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 12:12:41 pm »

From what I've heard, it only works in fort mode.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 12:16:25 pm »

You can make Dwarfmode autosave every season, but Adventure mode currently requires you to quit then reload to save.
[Signature]

GloriousImp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 01:27:49 pm »

You can make Dwarfmode autosave every season, but Adventure mode currently requires you to quit then reload to save.

It's supposed to be perma-death.

Hopefully it will become an option later on. (Along the ability to carry over an adventurer between worlds and choosing what he looks like)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 11:41:27 am »

k guys thanx for the answer, i'm just getting kinda pissed about the random crashing i'm getting making me lose hrs of work in adventure :|
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 12:19:47 pm »

k guys thanx for the answer, i'm just getting kinda pissed about the random crashing i'm getting making me lose hrs of work in adventure :|

Try changing the print mode on the init file to see if it helps with the crashing.

Are you by any chance playing with the genesis mod? because yeah that crashes a lot for me too, the only way to prevent losing too much is to save every 10 minutes or so, vanilla works perfectly though.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 12:25:47 pm »

na i'm using fanciful creatures and wanderer's friend that i'v modded with help to stop myself and other fighter types from spawning with burning equipment.

nothing besides that tho