Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32

Author Topic: Woman of /Ambition/ - Update 8, I Delayed This Long For This?  (Read 39098 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Woman of /Ambition/ - Update 8, I Delayed This Long For This?
« Reply #450 on: September 27, 2011, 07:12:13 am »

9 unused equipment go to promoting all Recruits in squads C and D (let's give them names! If anything, Charlie and Delta is better than C and D) to Infantry. That leaves us with... 1 Equipment? Save it for later.

We want to have the Large Farm so that we have enough of a food surplus so we can trade. If Ironhead has so many citizens always teetering on the brink of starvation, perhaps some of them will be willing to join our little encampment here, thus getting us some more Labor. Also, with the Salvaging Heavy Industrial Transport, Hovertreaded All-terrain Unarmed Lavatory Expunging Rover, we can gain Vehicle parts from salvage even if we only get half a point of labor on it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 27, 2011, 07:16:37 am »

Salvaging Heavy Industrial Transport, Hovertreaded All-terrain Unarmed Lavatory Expunging Rover
I love the fact that that is still technically calling it a shithauler.

The rest sounds good too, do that.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 27, 2011, 07:45:07 am »

Thankyou for the explanation, I will try to remember it the next time I come up with a crazy scheme, although I still see some merit in having a powered armour that could be made temporarily weightless, maybe some sort of defence bonus...

I would like to see an large food surplus and a SHauler carting food off to Ironhead and coming back laden with vast stores of raw materials, hopefully so much that we still end up with greater labour efficiency after transforming the raw materials into parts...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 27, 2011, 10:17:05 am »

Well, assuming we get it to haul full loads of Materials (say we trade 80 food for 120 RM, or even 100 for 120), then we'd be getting FOUR TIMES the Materials per point of labor than we otherwise could (30 per half-point with the Shauler, and we get 100 food surplus for half-point of labor from the Large Farm). This preposterous quantity of materials translates to 30 Parts, with 3(Foundries)+6(Factories) labor. So, 9 (and a half prior) labor gets us 30 parts. We actually have only 4.4 labor to spare each week (so that only 6 farms are working), meaning we'd be swamped by materials a little if we did that. It'd take us three weeks to sort through a single shipment.
Normally, we get 40 RM per week, which we handily process in the same week. So, we normally get 30 parts in three weeks anyway. We might make one or two trips to build up our stores of RM, but we definitely won't trade every week, and we won't run the seventh Large Farm every week either.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 27, 2011, 04:52:36 pm »

Is there any harm to a farm done from being idle?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 27, 2011, 05:07:22 pm »

Not in The Shell.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 28, 2011, 12:15:07 pm »

Perfect, then. Assuming we get the trade route secured, we'll be able to use the extra Large Farm as a quick way to gain RM quickly, without having to worry about renewability. Speaking of which, just how much salvage could there be around the Shell?
Also, next week (meaning the week after this one we've already set actions for) we should probably get some research done to improve labor efficiency at our Factories. They're a major bottleneck in our processing ability, only capable of processing 10 Resource per 1 labor each week. If we could get them up to 20 per 1 labor per week, it'd be perfect. We're already capable of creating a formidable fighting force, if we could get all our squads into Thunderheads, and led by our Thaumatank, they'd wreck almost anything - short of really fast/powerful aircraft, probably. We need a steady parts/equipment income before we start getting all teched up, because otherwise we'll end up like WWII Germany - lots of neat designs, no infrastructure to build any of them in significant numbers.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 28, 2011, 12:17:12 pm »

I support the Sean Plan.  Labor is the critical shortage right now, so addressing it with tech sounds like a great plan.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 01, 2011, 05:57:42 am »

Midterms hurr durr

(see Mafia subforum for an explanation of that)

Updates in near future. Hopefully. Tomorrow's gonna be busy.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 06, 2011, 06:08:04 am »

It might be interesting to have WoA update once a week. It would totally stay sync'd with real life, until I started missing updates or moved to the month timescale. <_<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 06, 2011, 07:52:52 am »

It would totally stay sync'd with real life, especially when I start missing updates or move to the month timescale. <_<

Fixed that for you  <3
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 06, 2011, 11:37:12 am »

Perhaps you meant

It would totally stay sync'd with real life, especially when I start missing updates, but only after I move to the month timescale. <_<
Fixed that for you  <3
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Woman of /Ambition/ - Update 7.5, Achievement Unlocked: Gender Certainty
« Reply #463 on: October 15, 2011, 06:46:55 pm »

The plans are probably similar to what I wanted to do earlier. Send the Thaumatank to Ironhold again and inquire on their allegiance/status. Give them a chance to open the gates this time. Don't make a fuss if they decide against joining, just say that we can't allow ourselves the luxury of having a hostile settlement so near to us, and if we are ever attacked again, we will retaliate with lethal force. If they agree, joy and celebration! Or not. Thank them and radio Squad A that once they're done patrolling the coast, they pick up the reserve troops in the Shell and bring themselves and the Thunderhead to Ironhold. Size the place up and see if they even need any help defending themselves.

"Did... did you even offer our help in defending Ironhead?"

"We offered last time, and they weren't really interested. From the looks of things, they don't really need it," your Thaumatank captain, Mikhail Lagounov, answers. "They have around a solid thousand people, by our estimates, with a number of mines safely under their control on the peninsula behind them according to what natives of The Shell have heard of them. They bring in nearly twice the Raw Materials that salvaging scrap from the wastelands gets us per man-hour of labor. They only seem to have a single Foundry and a single Factory, though, so their production capabilities are greatly outstripped by ours; also, they seem to have just over half their population farming, a similar portion than ours, but they don't have The Shell's soil restoration systems nor do they have any of the other implements The Shell uses to increase the amount of arable land. They make just enough food to get by and are literally on the verge of starvation pretty much all the time. We could likely get a good price on Food or Equipment in exchange for Raw Materials or Resources. Oh, and they have a standing army of around some hundred troops. Our technological advantage means... well, I think we can take them."

[That's right, our first Hero unit. I suppose y'all can vote on what he's good at.]
While I am certain that their city is well defended, I would imagine that any scouts, scavengers, traders, farmers, miners, or anyone else that may leave the city would appreciate a more active military presence. This could be an opportunity to raise sympathetic elements within the city without interacting with it directly...
Read the First Post!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 17, 2011, 07:31:00 am »

La de da classes hurr durr. I'll probably keep updating TKID and this, but obviously TKID will be much more frequent. I'll try to make time for at least one turn of WoA this week though.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32