Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32

Author Topic: Woman of /Ambition/ - Update 8, I Delayed This Long For This?  (Read 39106 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Woman of /Ambition/ - Update 8, I Delayed This Long For This?
« Reply #420 on: September 23, 2011, 08:09:11 pm »

Backhand anyone who mentions shithauler in your presense.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 23, 2011, 08:33:08 pm »

Do we have that small farm? I want to build an orphanage and offer to accept unwanted orphans from anyone without the means to care for them...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 23, 2011, 08:59:25 pm »

Do we have that small farm? I want to build an orphanage and offer to accept unwanted orphans from anyone without the means to care for them...

The Small Farm has been produced.

You're not totally sure whose orphans you would kidnap adopt. Most other villages are pretty insular, from what you've seen.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 23, 2011, 09:06:02 pm »

I say we focus our next research on Doctrine: Fortifications for better defenses, and hopefully turrets.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 23, 2011, 10:10:23 pm »

The Shauler's nice, but we need those parts in other places.

Hmm... 1 labor of salvage alone gives 40 RM and 1 Part.  1 labor of Shauler salvage gives 60 RM and 2 Parts.  One will pay for itself partwise in 8 turns, with 160 extra RM besides.  An early investment would be nice, but it'll be some time before we can spare the parts.

What do we need to build another factory?  It'll be a bit before we can fully staff it, but it'd give us the parts we need for a Shauler or two.

Oh hey, we have a bunch of unmanned ones.  The requirement question still stands, though.

With this:

4 Unmanned Foundries, 8 Unmanned Factories

It's pretty clear what is holding us back now- labor.  We need to go on a recruitment drive.

Canvass the civvies for volunteers, especially from the new arrivals.  See who wants to go back to the Megacorp city and provide intel that the Shell is a great place to live and would totally be better than living in that craphole city.

The risk, of course, is alerting Armitage that there's a credible threat to their stranglehold in the region so close by.  It needs to remain no more than rumors for the time being, until we're ready to start smacking down some of these Manhunter squads.  That'll be an awesome boost to immigration, but will almost certainly invite reprisal.

Anyway.

Most certainly honor the truce with Ironhead- any misstep will wreck our relations with everyone, leaving us open to be crushed.

Give A the Thunderhead and let them go out and explore farther south.

Let B see what they can do about the Sea Raiders.

C and D stay home and train/guard.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 23, 2011, 10:48:17 pm »

A Factory or Foundry is assembled in space you have using Labor and Resources. The Resource cost in The Shell is reduced since you already have the space for it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 24, 2011, 12:09:29 am »

We need a source of unclaimed humans with limited experience of the world... There must be loads of children that are simply abandoned...

Concentrate on parts until we have 2 or three SHaulers. Anything we can do to reduce labour expenditure is good at this point. I would very much like to see some credible trading, it would expose us to publicity but hopefully breed some goodwill grant us some exotic supplies. See if Ironhead will trade for food, we seem to be able to generate significant quantities of it and it would allow us to cripple others just by breaking contact with them...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 24, 2011, 12:19:54 am »

We need a source of unclaimed humans with limited experience of the world... There must be loads of children that are simply abandoned...

Yeah, uh, there's a bit of a problem with that.

People who are abandoned in the wasteland?

They tend to die. That's the luckier ones. Less lucky wanderers get enslaved/press-ganged by Raiders, Bandits, Slavers, or the like, depending on how merciful they feel that day.

The open wasteland is not a kind place.

Ironhead, in initial conversation, seems receptive to the idea of trading for your food... save for their concerns that you might use the Raw Materials from their mines to make weapons and attack them.

If Ironhead seems paranoid, one of your Elites comments privately, it's probably because they clearly are.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 24, 2011, 01:12:17 am »

I thought our initial proposal to Ironhead was that we'd defend them. So, why don't we trade weapons to them? They seem to have an abundance of conventional weapons, but what if we offered them our Magitek Machineguns? Sure, they have something of a drain on your soul, and won't be ass-kickingly powerful without a large magitek reactor powering them, but they do need no ammunition and since we're (tentatively) allies, their weapons would benefit from our Magitek research.

How about a deal like this, we equip one of their soldiers with, and train him in the use of our Magitek infantry or machinegunner kit (that's 1 Equipment out of our stock), for 8 Raw Materials (that's 2 Equipment with processing) from their mines. Better defenses for them, more resources for us, and we could still trade food.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Woman of /Ambition/ - Update 7.5, Achievement Unlocked: Gender Certainty
« Reply #429 on: September 24, 2011, 04:09:28 am »

The plans are probably similar to what I wanted to do earlier. Send the Thaumatank to Ironhold again and inquire on their allegiance/status. Give them a chance to open the gates this time. Don't make a fuss if they decide against joining, just say that we can't allow ourselves the luxury of having a hostile settlement so near to us, and if we are ever attacked again, we will retaliate with lethal force. If they agree, joy and celebration! Or not. Thank them and radio Squad A that once they're done patrolling the coast, they pick up the reserve troops in the Shell and bring themselves and the Thunderhead to Ironhold. Size the place up and see if they even need any help defending themselves.

"Did... did you even offer our help in defending Ironhead?"

"We offered last time, and they weren't really interested. From the looks of things, they don't really need it," your Thaumatank captain, Mikhail Lagounov, answers. "They have around a solid thousand people, by our estimates, with a number of mines safely under their control on the peninsula behind them according to what natives of The Shell have heard of them. They bring in nearly twice the Raw Materials that salvaging scrap from the wastelands gets us per man-hour of labor. They only seem to have a single Foundry and a single Factory, though, so their production capabilities are greatly outstripped by ours; also, they seem to have just over half their population farming, a similar portion than ours, but they don't have The Shell's soil restoration systems nor do they have any of the other implements The Shell uses to increase the amount of arable land. They make just enough food to get by and are literally on the verge of starvation pretty much all the time. We could likely get a good price on Food or Equipment in exchange for Raw Materials or Resources. Oh, and they have a standing army of around some hundred troops. Our technological advantage means... well, I think we can take them."

[That's right, our first Hero unit. I suppose y'all can vote on what he's good at.]
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 24, 2011, 04:46:10 am »

He's the Thaumatank Captain, right?

Well, I think we have our armour commander.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 24, 2011, 05:09:34 am »

Maybe he's a Living Mana Battery, or a Magic Conduit? Basically, I think the best ability for him would be to strengthen the Magic stat of the units in his squad (and in battle, within a certain radius) to increase the defense bonus from Mana Barriers, and/or to provide some sort of mana regeneration in combat. (Something like .5 or .3(3) points per round, so that a unit within field of influence would recover one mana point every second or third round)
If it's at all possible, of course.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 24, 2011, 05:15:25 am »

People who are abandoned in the wasteland?

They tend to die.
Exactly, we need a facility that lets folk abandon other folk without weighing on their conscience...
Read the First Post!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 24, 2011, 05:23:11 am »

We already have a facility like that, we live in it.

What we need is a chain of outlets (inlets?) around the world so that instead of abandoning people in the wasteland, they abandon them in the back of a neatly furnished hoverwagon. I'm trying to think up a witty name for this endeavor at the moment, but my knowledge of American culture and vocabulary is insufficient.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 24, 2011, 05:35:20 am »

We already have a facility like that, we live in it.

What we need is a chain of outlets (inlets?) around the world so that instead of abandoning people in the wasteland, they abandon them in the back of a neatly furnished hoverwagon. I'm trying to think up a witty name for this endeavor at the moment, but my knowledge of American culture and vocabulary is insufficient.
"Candy van"?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32