Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32

Author Topic: Woman of /Ambition/ - Update 8, I Delayed This Long For This?  (Read 39170 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Man of /Ambition/ - Update 7, Magic Truck / Awesome Personnel Carrier
« Reply #315 on: September 14, 2011, 09:36:52 am »

I spport Toaster's idea.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 14, 2011, 09:44:47 am »

Oh, so it can teleport as well. Missed a spot check. (or failed a Read check, as it were)
Oh well then, let's start making a Thunderhead. The problem with that is, it's going to take a while. (Pandarsenic said something about 2 weeks, I think. Or 1 week if we pile up every man on the project.)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 14, 2011, 10:16:40 am »

Paperbacks are probably only really good for a day-or-two's scouting, but it is a very good day. Two should be sufficient to give us a decent chance of detecting something before it reaches the shell, or let us map out the surrounding terrain in quite fine detail. They could also do that for a squad. The squad could act as a base-camp, holding supplies and providing a strong-point if combat breaks out while a couple of Paperbacks range around the surrounding area to extend the squads scouting distance.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 14, 2011, 12:29:46 pm »

Btw, I find it amusing that levelling Magitek will increase the Paperback's natural defense more than the bonus it gains from Mana Barrier.
It makes sense, frankly; the Paperback is held together by magnets, glue, duct tape, and a bit of technowizardry.

I don't see a Paperback or two making much of a difference in our abilities (four or five in a squad is another story.)

I see someone noticed the Paperback has slightly less attack than a Magitech Elite? :P

Updating stat blocks with your newly discovered Training bonuses. The long and short of it is your guys all get at least 1 in Attack, Defense, Movement, and Morale.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 14, 2011, 01:24:43 pm »

This is an awesome forum game and I could never do this much math. Kudos to ya.

Whats the point of paperbacks anyway? Thunderheads are so much better it isnt even funny. Only thing is that 3 paperbacks scale better on weaponry than a single Thunderhead.

On the other hand, you cant even scratch a Thunderhead.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 14, 2011, 02:09:27 pm »

The point of Paperbacks is being able to manufacture them en masse (for varying definitions of "masse") and give them out to common infantry, thus providing us with more firepower in less time than it would take to train better soldiers. This is not to mention that what a PeeBee can do with one move action, an Elite Magitek Soldier would have to spend 3 mana for.

PeeBees could also be our training machines, yielding us some better pilots by the time we get to more durable vehicles.

And speaking of which, I vote that we immediately begin to design a revised Paperback. A Paperback-MG, with the stupid Light Thaumic Drivers replaced by lighter and more efficient Magitek Machineguns. Seriously, that dual turret on the T-Tank packs more punch than what a Paperback has. They're like Light PPC's in Battletech - nominally PPC's, but you'd be better off with a laser.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:15:45 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 14, 2011, 02:49:21 pm »

Seconding the machine-gun paperbacks. Maybe make it modular so that they can be fairly easily switched back and fourth between those and the drivers with an hour or so of tinkering.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 14, 2011, 02:50:46 pm »

Also, a PB needs one pilot.  A Thunderhead need a full crew to be effective (12- 1 driver, 1 MG gunner, 10 sections of firing ports, discounting the spots for 4 more passengers).

Simply put, they fill different roles.  Neither is suitable for a strict combat role once we start facing enemies with armor.   (The Thunderhead will still see use then, but the PB will likely be completely obsolete.)

And speaking of which, I vote that we immediately begin to design a revised Paperback. A Paperback-MG, with the stupid Light Thaumic Drivers replaced by lighter and more efficient Magitek Machineguns. Seriously, that dual turret on the T-Tank packs more punch than what a Paperback has. They're like Light PPC's in Battletech - nominally PPC's, but you'd be better off with a laser.

I fully endorse this.

The thaumic drivers are best against somewhat armored targets, right?  Why are we going after anything with armor in this tin can*?  It's much better suited for mowing down infantry.  Best case scenario is that the MG is top-mounted with some automatic targeting, but that probably requires higher tech (as well as sufficient roof support.)  Failing that, side-mounting them where the thaumic drivers are now is quite acceptable.

*Now, it would be good as a merchant raider in its current state, but considering our likely opposition, this isn't really the case.  By the time we need anything to fit that role, we can probably build a flying one.

Armok raises a good point- making it a moddable weapon hardpoint gives us future options as well- especially if this is used as a base model for the flying version.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 14, 2011, 02:52:58 pm »

We should also begin plans for the development of RPMGs, an MG Mortars.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 14, 2011, 02:54:48 pm »

Basing this off Adwarf's suggestion: Magitech bolters!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 14, 2011, 02:56:12 pm »

Basing this off Adwarf's suggestion: Magitech bolters!
NO !!! Ripoffs not allowed !! ( I don't want us ending up as post-apocalypse Space Marines)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 14, 2011, 02:57:50 pm »

You did say Rocket propelled MGs...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 14, 2011, 02:58:45 pm »

You did say Rocket propelled MGs...
Yep, but Rocket Propelled Mana Grenades aren't a Space Marine Rip-off (They are a real life rip-off)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 14, 2011, 03:00:32 pm »

That's pretty mu-

Damn, I thought MG meant Machine gun. :-[
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32