Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32

Author Topic: Woman of /Ambition/ - Update 8, I Delayed This Long For This?  (Read 39161 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Man of /Ambition/ - Update 4, "Why Can't I Hold All This Exposition?"
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2011, 07:02:43 am »

>"Thank you, Number One, that's all very informative. However, there are two things I'd like to note. First, that's fifty-four food surplus per week. Not much, if I'm two units short in a crisis, I don't want it to be due to a mathematical error. And second, as much as I appreciate you coming here to tell me everything in person, presenting everything in text form is also appropriate, and less time-consuming.

You can carry on with the current scouting orders, and yes, feel free to assign a few Recruits to each group. Dismissed."

Fixed the error; I had the wrong number written down for the number of military units consuming that food. The surplus is, in fact, 34.

Also, don't rag on mah tutorial. <_<

RAM: A certain amount of spare stuff can be hoarded for free. See first post details on The Shell.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2011, 12:17:48 pm »

Y'all should post stuff so I have something to do in the 2-3 hours I have left on the Deus Ex 3 download, 'cause heavens know you'll have a hard time getting an update out of me once that download finishes. <_<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2011, 02:09:49 pm »

Let's actually study something new. The question is, what's new that's available to our research? Can we just... make something up? Or is there a list somewhere? Will all research strategies have equal reward?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2011, 02:23:42 pm »

I'm being fairly freeform in handling of Styles and Doctrines (save the distinction between the two). If you state a general goal I can tell you ways to get there, or you can say things and if they fit in a Thing I Already Have then I"ll inform you of that.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2011, 02:29:12 pm »

You fixed one instance to 34... and fixed another to 36. *slow clap*
Get some sleep or something. :)

Anyway, research. We should concentrate on researching applications to magitech we already own, as acquiring new magitech would seem to require more exploration than sitting in a lab. I'm thinking something along the lines of powerful - and more importantly, intimidating - turret emplacements. Can our existing magitech be used for this purpose (as in, a gun that fires artillery spells), or would we have to make do with advancing our Sup.Ranged Armament and just building plain gun turrets?
(note, this is all out-of-character. I just want to know what paths would be feasible at this point)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2011, 02:50:05 pm »

You fixed one instance to 34... and fixed another to 36. *slow clap*
Get some sleep or something. :)

Anyway, research. We should concentrate on researching applications to magitech we already own, as acquiring new magitech would seem to require more exploration than sitting in a lab. I'm thinking something along the lines of powerful - and more importantly, intimidating - turret emplacements. Can our existing magitech be used for this purpose (as in, a gun that fires artillery spells), or would we have to make do with advancing our Sup.Ranged Armament and just building plain gun turrets?
(note, this is all out-of-character. I just want to know what paths would be feasible at this point)
NO

NO SLEEP

LESS THAN AN HOUR LEFT TO DX3

To answer...

Artillery could come with research into:
Things you already have - Style: Magitech or Doctrine: Superior Ranged Armament. These would be on the map itself, set up by Magitech Engineers (who would be unlocked by the research). These would tend towards being mid-range mortars and stationary forward-firing gun emplacements.
A noteworthy thing you don't have yet - Doctrine: Long-Range Support (this deals largely in things that support your units without being directly engaged in the combat zone). Like the above, they would be deployed by Engineers. Unlike the above, these would be deployed outside the combat zone and have a larger error/inaccuracy tendency on account of the distance.

As for non-Artillery turrets, Magitech, SupRangedArms, or research into Doctrine: Fortification could all produce those. Again, Magitech Engineers would happen.

Acquiring new Magitech actually can be done in a lab, though. REALLY high-level stuff won't be available for a while (someday you will be able to mass-produce Thaumatanks) and you may have to find certain things, but if you wanted to scrape together some basic vehicles for your units, that could easily be done with what you have. The player character is a more-than-competent developer of Magitech, after all. The thing you have were researched and developed by him, if not necessarily with 100% originality, but what's important is that yes, you can develop new things from the comfort of home.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2011, 04:10:49 pm »

> research an adon to magitech guns that massively increases recoil allowing them to be used as rockets applying large amounts of force, or even crude flight if you have several. This is not to be confused with more specialized flight equipment like jetpacks, as they are more flexible in creative applications but have MUCH worse flight properties. Reasons to have them the same device as the guns is to reduce redundant equipment that needs carrying around, and you wouldn't be able to use them and shot well at the same time anyway.

Example use: applying force towards a wall to walk up it, firing it backwards while on top of some wheeled but engineless vehicle as propulsion, knocking over enemies to well armoured to harm directly, dragging heavy objects, etc.

EDIT: by being an adon you can also apply them easily to captured enemy guns.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2011, 05:46:00 pm »

Do some !!SCIENCE!!.
In other words, figure out new ways to hurt/burn/maim people.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2011, 06:07:42 pm »

Develop scrying devices, so that we can spy on our people enemies!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2011, 07:29:46 pm »

Develop scrying devices, so that we can spy on our people enemies!
Doctrine: Knowledge is power. I won't say you can get scrying yet but it WOULD be useful to be able to see what Styles and Doctrines your enemies are using.

Do some !!SCIENCE!!.
In other words, figure out new ways to hurt/burn/maim people.

Style: Magitech, naturally.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2011, 12:49:54 pm »

Research our magitek.  One day, we will have a giant empire with a massive army of magitek walkers!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2011, 01:59:42 pm »

Research our magitek.  One day, we will have a giant empire with a massive army of magitek walkers!

I can see where this is going. Let's get a base rule here - when messing with magitek, do not mix it with slavery, at any point of time.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2011, 02:17:08 pm »

Especially slavery of anything created with magitek. Evil Overlord Rule 48 and all that.

What I had in mind was mostly establishing a feeling of security and protection for the inhabitants of the Shell, by having magitek weapon emplacements on the perimeter - pointing outward. Beyond being deadly efficient, I'd like those things to be intimidating, menacing, like a sort of defensive terror weapon (the gatling-Jaffa-staff cannon from XSGCOM comes close). While we want our followers to respect us, we also want any would-be enemies to fear going against us.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:22:01 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2011, 02:18:08 pm »

So we give them full benefits then. And a decent wage too :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2011, 04:29:33 pm »

While you determine research specifics, I'm going to run the rest of the turn.

Edit: also going to add the data for the Magitech Elites' experience bonus because I kinda didn't put that in but it's important to have.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:33:17 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32