Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: Woman of /Ambition/ - Update 8, I Delayed This Long For This?  (Read 39133 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Man of /Ambition/ - Update 7, Magic Truck / Awesome Personnel Carrier
« Reply #330 on: September 14, 2011, 03:05:03 pm »

Rocket propelled machine guns?  What is this madness?

Clearly, it must be done.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 14, 2011, 03:06:29 pm »

Can Paperbacks ram? I think we might be able to use them in battle as they are quite well if they can teleport behind enemy officers and crush them between cover and their shields.

If not, I think we should plan on attaching one or two to each squad anyway in the near future, to reduce their chances of getting ambushed and to kill any raiders trying to run away.

Either way, I think we should build an APC or two before we bother with them.

As for equipment:
8 pieces spent upgrading experienced recruits to sergeants. (We can do that, right?) Train them with the reserve elites; keep them in reserve for vehicle duties.
2 pieces spent upgrading recruits with machine guns, to be used in active squads.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 14, 2011, 03:08:26 pm »

Recruits to infantry. we can't have too many officers...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 14, 2011, 03:09:53 pm »

Can Paperbacks ram? I think we might be able to use them in battle as they are quite well if they can teleport behind enemy officers and crush them between cover and their shields.
I just had the best idea ever.

Teleporting anvils.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 14, 2011, 03:14:05 pm »

Well, that would be useful. Crush a leaders residence or a military base with a rain of literal steel. Would require a lot of shock and awe research though...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Woman of /Ambition/ - Update 7.5, Achievement Unlocked: Gender Certainty
« Reply #335 on: September 14, 2011, 04:23:46 pm »

Millions of updated stat bloooocks.

Current State:
Name: Sami Taiya
5 Respect, 5 Fear, 1 Fame

- Level 2 Style: Magitech (246/1000)
 = Level 2 Doctrine: Mobility (21/100)
 = Level 1 Doctrine: Superior Ranged Armament (11/100)
 = Level 1 Doctrine: Superior Training (10/100)

Current Force:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Units List:

Current Map:

Mechanics:

===
===

The meeting at the village of Invictus to the southwest goes well enough; they seem to have a positive view on you, inasmuch as they actually care.

"Improving the Wasteland is all well and good, sirs, but we find ourselves concerned with a more immediate problem. The Raiders from the west, as you may notice, are coming from a place with no land. Their leader, PoseiOdin, fancies himself some manner of amateur historian; they seized a series of offshore platforms which they've declared to be 'Lemuria,' and out of reach of our forces, fortified themselves upon the ocean. We fortified ourselves in turn; now, they mostly turn their eyes to less fortunate villages than ours but they oftentimes do assault or even kidnap our Salvagers. If you can find a non-suicidal way to attack their fort, we would be interested in hearing about it."

Millions of pre-post edits:
An MG-equipped Paperback would still have the narrow firing angle at this point. It's not a combat vehicle. Hell the Thunderhead isn't either - it should probably be using its Attack action to spam Broadside any time it has the spare Mana. Honestly, barring a freakishly bad roll you'd be better-served just researching for your first actual combat vehicle.
No Bolters
You can upgrade Recruits to Sergeants, but the need for their specialized gear means it still costs 2 Equipment total.
Why do you people hate the Infantry so much? If you have 8 Infantry in a Thunderhead with a Sergeant you can use abilities to make them all fire 3 volleys of 6-damage shots. That's up to 144 damage in a single turn. Recruits do half that.
Paperbacks can ram. Damage scales based on velocity.
Teleporting Junk: Yeah, that's something you can do once you have teleporters that don't send themselves. It'd probably waste quite a bit of Raw Materials in the process, though.

Whoo, update finally out after about 12 full hours of me getting distracted!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 14, 2011, 04:26:30 pm »

How did we end up a woman?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 14, 2011, 04:29:40 pm »

Voting. Not that many people did :P

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 14, 2011, 04:35:35 pm »

Indeed. Approximately two people voted.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 14, 2011, 04:50:43 pm »

Me, and the Taricus Voted.

Also WHERE IS HERO CHARACTER  !?!? (We need Sami Taiya, so we can make her into a super MAGI-SOLDIER)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 14, 2011, 05:25:01 pm »

Made the Magitech Elite Hero sprite, haven't made stats for the heroes yet or determined what exactly their effects should be other than being additional Morale Anchors.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 14, 2011, 05:27:02 pm »

Well, our main is the one actually coming up with all these ideas, and would also boost their ability to fight as well.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 14, 2011, 05:30:55 pm »

Made the Magitech Elite Hero sprite, haven't made stats for the heroes yet or determined what exactly their effects should be other than being additional Morale Anchors.
Well for Hero abilities I was thinking like special skills for example Sami might have a skill like the following one since she has created quite a bit of Magitech items.

Magitech Neutralizing Field - Allows Sami to deactivate vehicles, magitech weapons, and other magitech gear at the cost of a large chunk of mana due to her special Mana Barrier needed to block the effect of this attack. (Mana Cost - You Decide; Range - You Decide; Etc.)

Things like the skill above that are either unique to that character, or take a massive amount of research to gain, and are hard to produce even when you do gain them.

EDIT: They would also be slightly stronger than most other troops that we have (Excluding Vehicles) they would also have a chance to gain more abilities as they level up. (You could add an actual leveling system (1,2,3, etc.) and stat point distribution, skill point allocation, etc., but that might get a bit complicated)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:37:54 pm by adwarf »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 14, 2011, 07:13:26 pm »

I actually do have a Level system implemented; it mostly applies to things like Bandits or Looters, who aren't affiliated with a civ/faction and as such don't have Styles or Doctrines to scale with. It wouldn't be too hard to make a mix of that and the Experience system that's used to determine Experience bonuses (which is a de facto level system) to make an actual Hero Level system. I think I could work that.

And durr, Sami Taiya would be a hero-class Researcher. Should've thought of that before.

You just don't actually have Researchers yet because those require much higher population and some [NO SPOILING].

Anyway.

Sami Taiya acts as a full team of Researchers and gives that chance for your stuff to tick up free points. I think I might also add an ability to Appoint a Lieutenant, which basically would elevate a chosen unit into a Hero equivalent of their class with its level fixed at Taiya's. How does that sound?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 14, 2011, 07:15:35 pm »

Actually, I was thinking it would be a mix of Combat/Researcher...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32