Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Muscles!

Pressure-Based (Vacuum/Hydraulic)
Filaments (Standard)

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 74

Author Topic: Evolution: Origins [Sleek Futuristic Jellyfish][Sporadic Updates!]  (Read 141338 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Origins [Sleek Futuristic Jellyfish]
« Reply #780 on: December 01, 2011, 12:57:05 am »

Chloroplasts will help us survive when there is light but little food. I really think we should go for them.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 01, 2011, 02:09:26 pm »

Seems like chloropast/passive feeding wins!
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 02, 2011, 10:15:13 am »

Chloroplast are very helpful when this is sunlight, but if we start living deeper underwater or in other darker places they will just take up space.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 02, 2011, 07:43:10 pm »

In total darkness there isn't generally much of any sort of food so we would need a major reduction in metabolic rate. I don't think that a few useless solar panels will be much of an issue in the face of all the other adaptations...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 02, 2011, 09:04:16 pm »

Well if we really screw up we could always absorb the chloroplasts for some extra energy.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 02, 2011, 10:13:36 pm »

Sorry for the wait. I'll update this weekend. (Probably tomorrow.)

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 06, 2011, 09:22:45 am »

Oh NOOOOOOOES! The thread decided to die.

Quick the update if you would please OP!

and I also vote for better eyes and passive food generation
Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant 

Rockowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 07, 2011, 06:34:54 pm »

How about we begin a hive.

Because the only thing worse than a venomous laz0r jellyfish is a swarm of venomous laz0r jellyfish led by, ofcourse, the hivemind/queen/us. As the newly laid "eggs" or spores are genetically determined by the queen's DNA, evolving shouldn't be much of a problem.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 07, 2011, 08:06:03 pm »

Queen? Again with the lack of redundancy... Each swarm has a central mass that forms a combined mind while separating smaller swarms or individual cells to perform specific tasks. For example, you have the main swarm spread out over an atoll somewhere with individual cells spread out over a larger area to maximise stellar energy absorption. This largest mass decides that a specific trench holds particular interest and relays a message through smaller swarms in the area to a large swarm near the trench. The large swarm separates several smaller swarms that descend into the trench while relaying data back to the large swarm...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 07, 2011, 08:51:13 pm »

I vote against redundancy!

And for the last time, OP!

UPDAAAAAATE!

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 08, 2011, 05:22:01 am »

Um... you do know YOU are the OP Edio?
Just in case you forgot.
Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant 

Rockowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 08, 2011, 05:57:08 am »

Um... you do know YOU are the OP Edio?
Just in case you forgot.

OMG,

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 08, 2011, 02:51:56 pm »

I believe he meant the "oringinal post"

Also, I always like hiveminds but it seems too much of a liability at this time. If the queen dies everything gets confuzzled unless we built upon genetic memory,(<Unlikely) I think we should go with the asgard path and clone bodies without a "ghost" or consciousness (For the future of course, 5 milimeter consciousness? naaanya
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 08, 2011, 05:35:48 pm »

But what if there is no queen? Say that the authority figure is just the largest collective mind. Every so often a smaller colony will go looking for an authority, if it doesn't find one, then it starts giving orders for the whole species. Each mind is independently viable and capable of coordinating others, they just leave the job to whoever has the greatest processing power...
Read the First Post!

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 08, 2011, 07:25:47 pm »

But what if there is no queen? Say that the authority figure is just the largest collective mind. Every so often a smaller colony will go looking for an authority, if it doesn't find one, then it starts giving orders for the whole species. Each mind is independently viable and capable of coordinating others, they just leave the job to whoever has the greatest processing power...
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 74