Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Muscles!

Pressure-Based (Vacuum/Hydraulic)
Filaments (Standard)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 74

Author Topic: Evolution: Origins [Sleek Futuristic Jellyfish][Sporadic Updates!]  (Read 141253 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Origins
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2011, 05:52:17 pm »

Eat them all.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2011, 06:04:04 pm »

EAT IT ALL. CTHULHU COMMANDS YOU.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2011, 06:19:37 pm »

Gah, please, stop, you don't want to be multicellularist, they are boring and dull. We need to find a new, better way. Total amorphism! Subcellularism! sentient-rockism! These are ways of the future. Embrace the difference!!!

Eat the sugar and anything that gets in the way. As for the rest? Jostle them, jostle them until they surrender...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2011, 06:24:08 pm »

Or we could go the way of the jovians from this book I read, basically each cell is the size of a large building (maybe an apartment block or something, maybe the size of a small pebble, it doesn't really matter) but anyway there's a brain cell and all the other cells flock to it and it distributes its commands and the cells independently go of and do there thing, some will guard the brain, others will gather food all of that, I reckon that could be interesting.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2011, 08:13:42 pm »

Turn 8

Like some horrid creature from the poor bacteria's nightmares, you swallow up their entire community... their children... even their sugar... But... Wait!? WHAT!? How is this...? How is this possible?!

Are you some sort of horrid eldritch abomination or something? Not even amoebas should be able to engulf a mass that big... :-X
And... you... managed it?
Oh... The horror... All of them...

But, at least with all of that eldritch-y stuff out of the way, you get a (really) nice meal out of the bunch. You gain an astonishing 32 Amino Acids (2 from each of the bacteria) and 27 Glucose from the crystal. You also got 12 Fat. You burn about 15 Energy to eat up the meal and ferment a bunch of the glucose you just got to make up the difference. You also gain some more DNA and feel a bunch smarter. But wait? What's this? This bacteria seems to be able to perform a very efficient system of Energy conversion. You quickly put one back together using the DNA blueprints (-10 AA, -5 NRG). Perhaps this will be useful!

Spoiler: Cell Status (click to show/hide)

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2011, 08:20:48 pm »

Produce 100 energy from glucose

Produce 5 DNA
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 08:24:43 pm by Azkul »
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2011, 08:36:01 pm »

Improve mitochondria, cytoplasm, ribosomes, and sensory cilia. If possible, improve mitochondria and ribosomes twice. Then convert sugar to ATP energy. Then swim around looking for more sugar/prey. If this game doesn't want to be realistic, then instead stay here, let some sugar out, and then hide behind a bigger sugar crystal as prey comes, attracted to the sugar.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2011, 08:37:55 pm »

Make 2 more tail things, it'll be hard to move with just one.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2011, 08:38:51 pm »

That brings up a good question. Is it better to make more tails or improve the current one?

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2011, 08:44:30 pm »

There aren't just sugar crystals lying about hither and thither. They aren't all that common.

Then convert sugar to ATP energy. Then swim around looking for more sugar/prey. If this game doesn't want to be realistic, then instead stay here, let some sugar out, and then hide behind a bigger sugar crystal as prey comes, attracted to the sugar.
     I wanted to call the Energy ATP, but then I realized that you aren't really creating more ATP, you're just regenerating what you have and occasionally making more. Energy is simpler. Baiting prey is a viable strategy (things do that IRL), but hiding behind a crystal is kinda pointless based on how the limited sight and sensory range of most cells.

That brings up a good question. Is it better to make more tails or improve the current one?
     Hm, that is a good question... Most microorganisms I see only have one powerful flagella for movement. Of course, what do they know? It's up to you to decide whichever way you want to go with that, I don't see a difference really. Some cells use flagella as "arms" to grab prey, debris or even filter-feed particles. To go a lot faster, then you will have to sacrifice some amoebousness in favor of hydrodynamics. For instance, Euglena have a pellicle. It is essentially a flexible and more stable membrane that keeps Euglena's shape like a nosecone.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2011, 08:48:54 pm »

Baiting prey is a viable strategy (things do that IRL), but hiding behind a crystal is kinda pointless based on how the limited sight and sensory range of most cells.
They probably wouldn't sense the sugar if they couldn't sense us either. I don't think baiting would work here.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2011, 08:50:35 pm »

Hm... Alright. It would become more viable later on as the prey are more advanced though.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2011, 09:17:31 pm »

With all this sugar you guys are eating, I'm sure you'll evolve into some cavity creeps.

Watch out for Crest Toothpaste.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2011, 10:45:22 pm »

So, when do we become gyarados?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2011, 11:44:30 pm »

So, when do we become gyarados?
We have to become Magikarp first, stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 74