Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Muscles!

Pressure-Based (Vacuum/Hydraulic)
Filaments (Standard)

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 74

Author Topic: Evolution: Origins [Sleek Futuristic Jellyfish][Sporadic Updates!]  (Read 141262 times)

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Origins [Sleek Futuristic Jellyfish]
« Reply #885 on: February 06, 2012, 04:40:13 pm »

TBH I thought we were gonna end up like the sea aliens in abyss, albeit extremely sociopathic and with a god complex.

Care to elaborate on this jethro?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 06, 2012, 05:00:15 pm »

Spoiler: Offtopicness (click to show/hide)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 06, 2012, 05:07:59 pm »

:o *Long whistle that reverberates through the ages.*
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 07, 2012, 10:32:44 am »

I think we should become like jethro in the ability of mindcontrol or some sort of involuntarily muscle control of some sort. but thats for the todolist! I agree with the guy/girl above me about feeding our new baby nutrients and such!
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 07, 2012, 01:58:53 pm »

Turn 31

You beam a light pulse full of information at the ephyra several times. You seem to be able to transfer simple ideas at close range, given clear water and an unobstructed path to the other Vitascinti. A [12] large shape suddenly plunges [89] past you, deep into the depths. You quickly secure the young ephyra, pulling it inside, shortly before you are drawn downwards as well by some sort of current. No sooner than you are pulled down are you sucked back up in the wake of the object as it is pulled back, presumably above the surface. You can actually see it up there, a distorted silhouette against the light.

You wait a bit, until the shadow disappears and the threat seems to have passed. After secreting some of your nutrient supply, you once again release your ephyra. Hopefully, it will grow faster with additional supplements from you. In the meantime, you suppose that you could either keep protecting it, or let it fend for itself.

Spoiler: Organism (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nearby/To-Do List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DNA Storage (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Size Comparison (click to show/hide)

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 07, 2012, 02:03:27 pm »

That thing is basicly our only hope if we die, I say we defend it until our last breath!

Also try to follow whatever made that wave, perhaps it could secure our ephyae dreams

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 07, 2012, 02:04:48 pm »

Look around for more things to eat. We should try to develop some safe version of the attack Peweaseadeopod-thingy that we can use to pass along small freefloating pieces of DNA, like bacteria do.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 07, 2012, 04:19:24 pm »

Look around for more things to eat. We should try to develop some safe version of the attack Peweaseadeopod-thingy that we can use to pass along small freefloating pieces of DNA, like bacteria do.
Like a pili?

Also, I'm going to be updating a bit faster, possibly multiple times a day if there's an interesting suggestion. Combat will also be several smaller posts to get suggestions on what to do, rather than me just narrating the whole of combat. Because that's no fun.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 07, 2012, 04:48:54 pm »

Perhaps we should pull the Vitascinti ephyra into us while we search for more food and nutrients. This would protect it and allow us to continue to divert nutrients to it. When we are satisfied that it will survive in the outside world, we should release it and somehow communicate to it to follow us.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 07, 2012, 05:01:37 pm »

Like a pili?

Also, I'm going to be updating a bit faster, possibly multiple times a day if there's an interesting suggestion. Combat will also be several smaller posts to get suggestions on what to do, rather than me just narrating the whole of combat. Because that's no fun.
I suppose so. The look isn't important, the important fact is the ability to spread genetic changes horizontally across the population.(Greater immunity against diseases and stuff like that)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 08, 2012, 08:18:57 am »

Perhaps we should pull the Vitascinti ephyra into us while we search for more food and nutrients. This would protect it and allow us to continue to divert nutrients to it. When we are satisfied that it will survive in the outside world, we should release it and somehow communicate to it to follow us.
We should also work out a way to make them in batches. I don't quite agree in storing it in us, but, we could to it carrier ship style. Have an area where young are "stored" withing and fed, or have their DNA edited for specialization. Send them out like a swarm around an enemy. That would require a vastly  increased size, though. I think.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 08, 2012, 08:38:32 am »

We should also work out a way to make them in batches. I don't quite agree in storing it in us, but, we could to it carrier ship style. Have an area where young are "stored" withing and fed, or have their DNA edited for specialization. Send them out like a swarm around an enemy. That would require a vastly  increased size, though. I think.

Expanding on that, we should try to develop a Metaorganism like the Festuca Sophonce from Kemmerer in Orion's arm. Only with the mobile subspecies being less... planty.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 08, 2012, 08:55:40 am »

Expanding on that, we should try to develop a Metaorganism like the Festuca Sophonce from Kemmerer in Orion's arm. Only with the mobile subspecies being less... planty.
Fascinating. That sounds a LOT like Jethro. Heh.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 08, 2012, 08:59:17 am »

Doesn't Jethro rely on mind control? I'm pretty sure the Festuca Sophonce doesn't rely on mind control.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 08, 2012, 09:06:20 am »

Oh. See, Jethro his a bunch of minions that it crafted from biomass. It only mind-controlled in it's earliest proto-stage of development as a way to move around. It was kind of rooted.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 74