Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Muscles!

Pressure-Based (Vacuum/Hydraulic)
Filaments (Standard)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 74

Author Topic: Evolution: Origins [Sleek Futuristic Jellyfish][Sporadic Updates!]  (Read 141209 times)

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Origins
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2011, 08:11:00 pm »

Also, I'd have thought we'd get more fat from eating something almost our own size.
A lot of fat is unusable for various reasons or simply wasted in your inefficient system of digestion. Increasing your digestive abilities would allow more of the food consumed to be usable.

...but first, evolve little sensory tentacles with a moderate range of reach, which can be deployed independently, in small clusters, or all at once for a 360 degree environmental 'scan.'
You mean like flagella or cilia? Cilia are like tiny hairs that can be of different lengths and can propel or detect things. Flagella are more like big motors that can be used for grabbing small prey and such. Or they could be something altogether different: little cytoplasm filled tentacles with reinforced cytoskeleton attachments allowing for prehensile movement.

Divide and conquer doesn't work in this kind of game. Dividing just makes a jerk form of yourself to contend with. Trust me, I've read a lot of spore forum games.
Yeah, you wouldn't necessarily be attacked by it, but it would be competition (unless you form a colony or keep it attached for multicellularity). On the other hand- if you die, there aren't any more of you.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2011, 08:24:04 pm »

Return to the sugar. There the energy is plentiful and the prey is... plentiful. Really strong lifeforms don't exist yet, so we have a narrow window of opportunity to become awesome. Also, I'd have thought we'd get more fat from eating something almost our own size. Also, we should inscribe the victory ballad into our newly obtained dna.
These.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2011, 08:27:20 pm »

Definitely the cilia.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2011, 08:27:57 pm »

Return to sugar, then DEVOUR IT ALL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2011, 08:55:58 pm »

Return to sugar, then DEVOUR IT ALL drink some coke
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2011, 09:13:19 pm »

EAT ALL OF IT. EVERYTHING.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2011, 12:03:10 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2011, 12:05:31 am »

Is it too late to opt for the prehensile tentacles? I didn't notice that option initially. Also, does this come with any sort of warranty?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2011, 01:55:26 am »

Divide. Our own survival is not important, this is the SPECIES survival that is important.
Then return to the sugar crystal, eat, hunt, divide, repeat. Evolve.

Use fat to create two membranes in the cytoplasm, one bigger wrapped into another, then add proteins that use energy from pyruvate (fermentation = glucose => 2x pyruvate + 2ATP (energy)) to transfer protons (H+ ions) from the inside space to the space between the two membranes, the when they get back to the inside (since we used energy to get them out), use it to produce energy. (see ATP synthase, the enzym. its a f****ing generator.).

Also, i agree to cilias.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2011, 01:58:23 am »

Multicellular is old and boring, we need a single compartmented cell, and then we will evolve to be partial cells, until our species consists of organelles of unfathomable complexity!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2011, 02:04:25 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2011, 10:52:53 am »

Eat all the sugar. All of it.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2011, 11:35:33 am »

Turn 7

Now that there's no one to jostle you while you get your sugar fix, you decide to head back to the sugar crystal. You definitely should eat up the rest of the crystal while there's no one here to bother you or steal your food. As you follow the chemical trail back, you realize how good it would feel to be able to, well, feel. You slow your pace and drift to a stop as your Ribosomes begin churning out proteins. After a while (you aren't sure how long), you reach out with your newly-constructed sensory cilia. Ahhhhh... You can feel the flow of the water on the tiny filaments and can even sense the temperature of your surroundings. With a burst of inspiration, you migrate your chemical detection proteins into the sensory cilia to free up your membrane. These cilia can be used for movement to a certain degree, but are better for manipulation and detection.
     The trip back burns up about 3 Energy and you ferment 2 glucose to make up for it. To your horror, a colony of bacteria has infested your sugar crystal. YOURS! The little things are all over it, soaking up the energy and using it to split themselves in two! How dare they take over your little retreat!? Hey, you were going to eat all the sugar anyway, why not just pick up the little morsels too? Should you go ahead and eat them all?

Spoiler: Cell Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:37:28 am by Edio »

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2011, 11:37:32 am »

EAT EVERYTHING
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2011, 11:49:46 am »

eat everything...BACTERIA TOO.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 74