Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Muscles!

Pressure-Based (Vacuum/Hydraulic)
Filaments (Standard)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 74

Author Topic: Evolution: Origins [Sleek Futuristic Jellyfish][Sporadic Updates!]  (Read 141167 times)

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Origins
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2011, 11:34:46 am »

Mineral-rich ice water.

Sugar crystals

WE ARE IN A GLASS FULL OF A SOFT DRINK
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2011, 12:02:46 pm »

Mineral-rich ice water.

Sugar crystals

WE ARE IN A GLASS FULL OF A SOFT DRINK

OH GOD

HE'S RIGHT

WE'RE IN A MOTHERFUCKING SODA
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2011, 02:29:20 pm »

OH GOD. HE'S RIGHT. WE'RE IN A MOTHERFUCKING SODA.

I'm just going to have to sig this now.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2011, 02:32:25 pm »

Oh god, that's exactly the kind of quote I'd be forced to click to find out what the hell the context was.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2011, 03:06:55 pm »

Though I think increasing our membrane's strength would make us too rigid and plant like... I mean who wants to be a tree? So what about improving the flagellum, if we can move around better and generate our own energy we can avoid danger and not always have to seek out food.

You're only looking at half of the picture- think: a sentient, telekinetic tree whose progeny will rule the stars..!

OH GOD

HE'S RIGHT

WE'RE IN A MOTHERFUCKING SODA

Wait! Don't soft drinks usually contain sucralose/sucrose, rather than glucose, which occurs naturally in plants and animal tissue..?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:14:36 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2011, 03:15:58 pm »

Though I think increasing our membrane's strength would make us too rigid and plant like... I mean who wants to be a tree? So what about improving the flagellum, if we can move around better and generate our own energy we can avoid danger and not always have to seek out food.

You're only looking at half of the picture- think: a sentient, telekinetic tree whose progeny will rule the stars..!

Hmm true, true, alright when telekensis might not happen BUT how about we use mind control on other animals! Like the acacia tree does to ants
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2011, 03:17:41 pm »

having hard membrane dont mean we'll be unable to move.
walking plants, anyone?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2011, 03:27:27 pm »

Hmm true, true, alright when telekensis might not happen BUT how about we use mind control on other animals! Like the acacia tree does to ants

Thank you for introducing me to this article, and better yet, the term "ant-crack."
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2011, 03:40:15 pm »

Thank you for introducing me to this article, and better yet, the term "ant-crack."
You sir, are very welcome  ;) 'tis an awesome website in general
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2011, 04:19:58 pm »

OH SHIT. I love it! I now am attempting to add parasitical brain-controlling creatures to all future scifi stories and RPs. :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2011, 07:08:05 pm »

Turn 6

Your souped-up flagellum is pretty powerful, but it burns a lot of energy. With a burst of inspiration, you begin to compact and store the glucose as glycogen and then put the glycogen inside a vacuole. After filling up your vacuole, you speed along following the diluted particles of Jostler's trail. As the trail becomes stronger, you sense a presence right ahead. Without giving the other cell time to respond, you spread yourself around it... and spread... and... whoa, this thing's pretty big!

You barely manage to encase it, and it takes five energy to break down! You don't have a really effective digestion yet, so it takes more time and effort.

With a douse or two of digestive enzymes, you have finally defeated Jostler! Your unfounded hatred for this fellow of the primordial soup has now be requited. From Jostler, you gain 14 Amino Acids, 5 Fat, and 4 Glucose (it must have had a stock of glucose from the sugar-crystal as well). In addition, you recover some of 3 bits of its DNA. You ferment the glucose needed to make up for the break-down process as you decide what to do next.

Spoiler: Cell Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:10:35 pm by Edio »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2011, 07:35:18 pm »

Record your victory in the form of an epic ballad.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2011, 07:58:05 pm »

Return to the sugar. There the energy is plentiful and the prey is... plentiful. Really strong lifeforms don't exist yet, so we have a narrow window of opportunity to become awesome. Also, I'd have thought we'd get more fat from eating something almost our own size. Also, we should inscribe the victory ballad into our newly obtained dna.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2011, 08:00:44 pm »

Record your victory in the form of an epic ballad.

One cannot write his own epic ballad... DIVIDE AND COMPOSE A THOUSAND EPIC BALLADS..!...but first, evolve little sensory tentacles with a moderate range of reach, which can be deployed independently, in small clusters, or all at once for a 360 degree environmental 'scan.'

Return to the sugar. There the energy is plentiful and the prey is... plentiful. Really strong lifeforms don't exist yet, so we have a narrow window of opportunity to become awesome. Also, I'd have thought we'd get more fat from eating something almost our own size. Also, we should inscribe the victory ballad into our newly obtained dna.

Unless, you know... we're in a cream soda. At any rate, hi-ho sugar!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:04:12 pm by Ibid Straydrink »

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2011, 08:06:27 pm »

Divide and conquer doesn't work in this kind of game. Dividing just makes a jerk form of yourself to contend with. Trust me, I've read a lot of spore forum games.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 74