Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Tale of Furorlux (a.k.a. The 2nd Corrosion Community Adventure)  (Read 4731 times)

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of Furorlux (a.k.a. The 2nd Corrosion Community Adventure)
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 04:47:06 pm »

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting.

Carcer runs out of the store in the blink of an eye. "Get back here, punk!" Inpello is standing at the door, cursing and yelling, but not stepping beyond the door. Obviously he knows he's got no chance against a guy who stole the best weapons in the shop. Carcer runs, and manages to snag a backpack that catches his eye as well. Prepared for the days ahead, he sets off in search of Charte Peekedlulled. However, during the night Carcer was attacked and killed by Bogeymen and was forced to be reincarnated after I accidentally forgot to savescum a storm messed with Carcer's direction, sending him east with no memory of anything he did after he left Fullgift.

He walks into a house in a village. He sees a few villagers in the house, but one in particular made him stop. He was a weaver, holding a newly knit scarf in his hands. He looked so bored that I think that if the scarf became a !!scarf!! in his bare hands, he'd enjoy it more than right now. Carcer asks for his name. "M-my name? I'm Gelasinus Lauslaboro, but everyone else just calls me Gelasi. It's so boring here. I can't go anywhere because of the zombie appearances and Reinheit raids." Gelasi throws his scarf to the ground. "Take me with you, Carcer. If I stay here any longer, I'll die of boredom. I can't just sit here and knit crap."

Spoiler: Gelasi's Appearance (click to show/hide)

They decided to investigate disappearances occurring south of the village, and head into the desert.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"We were lucky. Desert Devils could have stopped us at any time." Carcer and Gelasi look at the door. "Hey, Carcer, go check out the cave! I'll just stay here and stand guard." "Sure, Gelasi, you can make sure the ravenous, bloodthirsty undead don't flank us, and then eat you to the bone!" Gelasi decides to enter the cave.

Gelasi's eyes grow wide, but he doesn't scream.

Carcer takes aim with his pistol, and fires a shot at the oblivious monster. It hits the creature's leg, making it sound off a bloodcurdling screech. It snorts, then charges at Carcer. However, Gelasi runs into her path, but fails to land a hit. Instead, his left leg muscles get torn apart.
"Gelasi!!!" Carcer runs after the beast, and although Gelasi puts up a fight, the beast has his leg and is tearing it apart. Carcer jumps in, and knocks into the creature. "Fool! Don't interrupt me when I'm playing with my meal!" Gelasi wriggles free, and Carcer nails the beast with a shot to the foot. However, it doesn't cripple the beast. "You think human weapons are enough to harm me? Leave me so I my eat my meal, and I might let you live." "Let him live? Who the hell do you think you are?" Gelasi springs into action, stabbing through the creature's left wing. He twists it around viciously, and the creature screams in agony. "Die, human!" The creature bites into Gelasi's foot, but in an instant, Gelasi slashes the monster's head off, blood splattered all over the cave, the beast's and his own.

Gelasi is heavily wounded. He's pale, injured all over, but he's still kicking. Carcer is proud, and concerned.

The duo sleep in the cave for the night. His major wounds heal overnight, but he has two broken toes. Otherwise, he's great! More posting tomorrow.

YOU CHOOSE!
  • Head to a village, he needs help!
  • Keep traveling, he's strong enough.
  • Abandon him, he'll slow me down!

Tell me if you have a problem or idea about my posting format. More pics, less pics, smaller pics? etc.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:28:30 pm by Velard »
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 12:07:42 am »

Keep traveling.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 02:41:06 pm »

Head to a village. Any fodder to keep you from getting hit is worth saving.

Especially after cutting off a monsters' head when it bit into their foot.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 04:57:30 pm »

Head to the village  ::)
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 07:27:49 pm »

Next time I post, Carcer and Gelasi will head for the village to the east.
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 06:49:06 pm »

Carcer and Gelasi arrive in the hamlet of Scribedechoes. We tell the residents that Baca Conspergoincendo is dead. They are pleased, and have a celebration. They offer to let the duo stay for the night. During the festivities, a peasant named Phoca Consiliumclarus walks up to Carcer and asks if he may join him. He looks like a timid, scrawny man, but Carcer lets him join.

Spoiler: Phoca's Appearance (click to show/hide)

<<Phoca Consiliumclarus has joined the party!>>

After many a drink, good food, and much celebrating, the house is now asleep.

After talking to the villagers the next day, they have their new list of targets. Sanus Wavytired, a monster spouse of shadow is the closest, but Phoca looks at the list and sees a monster named Phoca Bincakes, bride of the hulking brute.

"Carcer! I know I'm new and all, but I need to fight that bastard who's dishonoring my name! Give me this chance to prove myself!" Phoca sounds desperate. Carcer realizes that this man hasn't done ANYTHING truly significant in his life. Phoca's doppleganger is a slightly longer travel, and the area is in territory not on their map. Where should they go?

YOU CHOOSE!

• Travel to Sanus's lair, Phoca can wait.
  • Let Phoca fight his doppleganger.

The Adventure continues tomorrow!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:58:34 pm by Velard »

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 08:06:37 pm »

Let Phoca engage Mortal Kombat with this fiend!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 10:06:33 pm »

Let Phoca engage Mortal Kombat with this fiend!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 06:00:51 pm »

Carcer decides to help Phoca. They travel all day, and into the night. They are almost there, when Gelasi starts to get nervous. "What was that? Guys, I think there's something out here!"
Spoiler: Meep... (click to show/hide)
Carcer is about to tell Gelasi to stay close, when he screams! "Argh! Damn jaguar! Help me out!"
Spoiler: Stabbin' (click to show/hide)
The duo runs after Gelasi, and the jaguar lets loose a menacing growl. Gelasi does what he does best, fighting up close and dirty. He impales the wildcat in the chest, breaking ribs and stabbing the lungs. The jaguar's breathing becomes raspy, and in retaliation, it slashes at Gelasi's chest. In response, Gelasi twists the blade around, and the pain forces the beast to drop. Gelasi pulls out the knife out of the jaguar's chest, then momentarily sheathes it in the cat's skull. The fight is over. Carcer grabs the corpse and butchers it with his knife, and while he does that, an angry hiss comes from the trees. It's another jaguar! It must be the dead one's mate! Gelasi runs after it, viciously slashing and stabbing the beast, even after it bites into his arm. The Phoca jumps in and surprises all when he grabs the tiger jaguar by the toe, and rips it apart! Gelasi , not to be outdone, tears off the beast's left paw, then Phoca slashes off the beasts right leg. Carcer chuckles. "Well, maybe this scrawny fellow might have been a good choice after all..."
Spoiler: Brutality! (click to show/hide)

Gelasi slashes off the beast's remaining paw, then Phoca strikes it down with a pommel strike to the head.

Spoiler: Finishing Move! (click to show/hide)

Carcer finishes butchering both jaguars, and makes a few bags out of cotton, flax and cigars to hold all the meat and bones. "Hopefully a merchant will buy this crap."

We travel onwards, and we stop to rest at a riverbend.

The next day, we travel towards Phoca Bincakes's lair, when we are ambushed by wolves. Carcer sees that they are outnumbered and decides to use his pistol. He fires a shot, but then they are on them like...well...wolves. A wolf leaps on Phoca and gets a grip on his head, shaking him around for about 4 pages. Other wolves manage to bite him on other places, and it's looking bad for the trio. "Gyaaah! Get off!!!!" Phoca goes nuts, cutting a wolf's head open, and injuring others.
Spoiler: Like a Boss. (click to show/hide)
Carcer attempts to step in to try and save Phoca, but he's lost too much blood. After a few more shakes, he falls down, no longer among the living. The wolves have now grabbed Carcer, and Gelasi has run for cover.

<<Phoca Conciliumclarus has fallen in battle.>>

I run, and eventually die.

YOU CHOOSE!

• Savescum! (Reload a backup save)
  • Screw Adventurer, let's do a Fortress.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 07:20:03 pm »

I'll go with starting a fortress!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 07:22:16 pm »

I'll go with starting a fortress!

Fuck starting a fortress, this thread started as a adventure, it will end as an adventure. SAVESCUM DAMNIT!
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 07:26:43 pm »

Since this is a big choice, I'll wait for 4 votes. That's two so far, so I'll wait for 2 more. If we don't get anymore within a day or two, I'll cast my personal vote.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 07:27:57 pm »

ADVentures, who needs 'em, Lets fort this baby up.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 07:51:53 pm »

Fort me thinks.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 09:03:36 pm »

that's four votes for becoming a fortress! AWESOME!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 [2] 3