Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Magma proof dog?  (Read 632 times)

faratheking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Magma proof dog?
« on: August 31, 2011, 03:14:01 pm »

Just to check if this is an known "feature" before posting in the bug tracker...

I made a channel just above the magma sea and defined it as a pit. One brave puppy was selected to perform an exploration dive, and assigned to the pit. When it entered the magma, instead of going down, it stayed in the first layer of the sea, without any injury, but can not move.  ::) Any thoughts here?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Magma proof dog?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 03:16:39 pm »

If it was a very young puppy, it's probably bug #3744. Save and reload and it'll probably start melting almost instantly.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

faratheking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 03:19:56 pm »

If it was a very young puppy, it's probably bug #3744. Save and reload and it'll probably start melting almost instantly.

That was the case, the puppy is gone! Thanks!

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
  • Right in the goddamn FACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 04:31:51 pm »

"Gee guys, I dropped a harmless, innocent puppy into a pool of molten magma just to see it burn and suffer but it won't die!"
"Don't worry, just reload and your cute little fuzzy puppy will die a gruesome and painful death almost instantly."
"That worked! Thank you for helping me murder baby animals!"
I love what this game does to people.
If sad, apply kittens.

faratheking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 04:53:03 pm »

"Gee guys, I dropped a harmless, innocent puppy into a pool of molten magma just to see it burn and suffer but it won't die!"
"Don't worry, just reload and your cute little fuzzy puppy will die a gruesome and painful death almost instantly."
"That worked! Thank you for helping me murder baby animals!"
I love what this game does to people.

That's nonsense! I was just trying some !!SCIENCE!!. That brave dog (and the following 12 other puppies) died for a good cause: testing the repeatability of the bug.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)