Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Ragefortress; The badgering.  (Read 4179 times)

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Ragefortress; The badgering.
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 10:36:01 pm »

A thought just occured to me as 130 guineachicks hatched due to stupid dorfs not collecting eggs

Training war poultry with the prone to rage tage set.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

IcarusOne

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2011, 02:22:28 pm »

I'm afraid i believe tame animals don't get enraged, like my badgers. This is why i doubted if it would work on dwarves at first. I do however now wonder, Prone to rage is set to 1. This can either mean the usual 1 = yes, 0 = no, or increasing the number makes them easier to get pissed. (or harder.) I will have to experiment tomorrow.

And who knows, maybe with the next update we can make a rage virus curse.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2011, 02:26:32 pm »

I'm afraid i believe tame animals don't get enraged, like my badgers. This is why i doubted if it would work on dwarves at first. I do however now wonder, Prone to rage is set to 1. This can either mean the usual 1 = yes, 0 = no, or increasing the number makes them easier to get pissed. (or harder.) I will have to experiment tomorrow.

And who knows, maybe with the next update we can make a rage virus curse.
I'm not sure if your right, I use genesis but my animals get enraged all the time.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2011, 02:40:34 pm »

This is even cooler than the time I modded Cats as vermin and had Large Rats hunt and kill them.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 03:18:57 pm »

If you have a large forts with rage dwarfs you should have each room supplied with obsidian airlocks (a space between that room and the next that can be filled with a water/magma mixture) to seal in rage cascades.  This should be activated by a lever inside the room and each room should also have a few picks.

IcarusOne

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2011, 12:05:08 pm »

Rage-Holding cells? I like this idea. Or build a fort around a giant pillar filled with water, so you can flood all rooms with "coolant" when you want to.
Actually, going to do that.

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2011, 01:33:38 pm »

Pretty cool to see a bunch of civilians rage out and help my militia commander kill a forgotton beast.  This one child didn't beware its poisonous bite, and got bitten in the eye and leg and then he went and bit the beast himself.  He was fine after a brief hospital visit.

prone_to_rage:X

larger X seems to increase the odds of raging.  my rage:2 dwarves were more likely to charge after badgers then the other way around.  I suspect its something like % chance per tick of raging while a valid target creature is in rage range.  Or it might just be 1=on 0=off    Next step: testing rage 100 vs rage 0

...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2011, 02:19:46 pm »

now, all you need is to find a way of launching these dwarfs at enemies and you have the latest gaming craze- angry dwarfs
I believe you mean "Angry Beards"

*rises slowly, clapping*
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2011, 02:27:42 pm »

I used this once to help break an otherwise impossible siege. the Militia was in shambles and most members badly injured, so i saved, modded the saves raws to give dwarves [PRONE_TO_RAGE:100], ran it again and let the civilians out. It went fairly well after that. About 5 civilians, unarmed, targeted an unconscious ogre wearing a mithril helm and wailed on him for a couple weeks before someone finally got that one lucky shot in.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2011, 04:47:10 pm »

Give dwarves extra organs etc. a [PRONE_TO_RAGE] tag, add a caste to their creature file, modify their skin so they have adamantium skin and make them size 90000 instead of 60000, make some bolters,  chainswords, powerfists and other weapons.

Make a new entity called Chaos and add races for them. Khorne, God of Blood 2: Squat Fortress.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2011, 05:15:42 pm »

That is the singlemost terrible idea I have ever heard...ever.
Anyway, Eric Blank, is there a save for Failcannon still floating around somewhere, or would I have to build a .25 version from scratch?
Although, it wouldn't be as much fun, what, with the lack of any real succession players..
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

IcarusOne

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2011, 05:29:16 pm »

I believe giving them more organs would make them easier to kill i'm afraid.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2011, 09:02:53 pm »

I was pretty sure that a higher [PRONE_TO_RAGE] value increased the likelihood of them going nuts, and just to be sure I checked the RAWs. Honey Badgers have [PRONE_TO_RAGE:10], while regular Badgers have [PRONE_TO_RAGE:1]. Since people have reported that Honey Badgers are much more likely to tear a strip off of anything they come across, this seems to confirm that it's the chance to enrage, not a simple on or off.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

geail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2011, 08:51:47 am »

For the record, tamed beasts rage, just less often.  I'm currently trying to do !!Science!! with Giant Badgers to gather as much data on them as I can.

threes4luck

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2011, 10:25:29 am »

The monster hunter mod has a template for copper, iron, and steel bones. I feel that would unleash a whole 'nother kind of hell though
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4