Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My sinister embarks always end in normal animals.  (Read 1767 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My sinister embarks always end in normal animals.
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 12:35:38 pm »

Terrifying temperate shrubland is by far the best. You get harpies, werewolves and ogres. Savanna and grassland are good too, but you miss out on the werewolves.

Ogres are *dangerous*. Werewolves are fast, and since they show up one at a time, they are easier to miss. Harpies aren't so dangerous, but they fly, so they can get past your defenses more easily, and they are harder to hunt down with melee troops.
Well i couldn't find temperate and went tropical. First thing i see is the river next to me has Undead Alligators crawling out

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 12:42:37 pm »

Last I played, Skeletal Elephants are murder on wheels. All the danger of giant tusks and grapples on the fourth toe left foot without any of the slowness caused by all that meat that used to be on the bones.

Zombie Elephants(well, zombie anything really) tend to be too slow to be dangerous though, migrants will usually just walk away too fast for them. :/

Terrifying tropical rainforests were the best spot I could find them at, if I remember correct. Either terrifying or haunted, one of those.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 12:47:18 pm »

Zombies are pathetic.  They just cause endless job cancels as they slowly walk through your front door and camp out on your food stockpile.  I had zombie elephants, and just ordered my naked, unarmed militia commander to stand at the door, and he would punch them to death.

I've not dealt with skeletals much at all.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 02:59:27 pm »

Go to terrifying Temperate Shrubland.

I was setting up the farm when i saw a War Eagle had died. I zoomed in and saw Skeletal Badger Men/Women.

Took out both of my male war eagles...but there is hope. I have 2 hatchlings one male and one female i have 2 normal females as well.

I am creating the cemetery now. Good thing i increased clutch size to 3.(3 Eagles seems reasonable and realistic)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 03:27:06 pm »

I was setting up the farm when i saw a War Eagle had died. I zoomed in and saw Skeletal Badger Men/Women.

Took out both of my male war eagles...but there is hope. I have 2 hatchlings one male and one female i have 2 normal females as well.

I am creating the cemetery now. Good thing i increased clutch size to 3.(3 Eagles seems reasonable and realistic)
actually,no.
eagle hatchlings try to kill each other so 2 is enough... :P
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 04:27:06 pm »

actually,no.
eagle hatchlings try to kill each other so 2 is enough... :P

Wot really? The ones i embarked with never foguht

Benedict Hardy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 08:19:56 pm »

sada
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 11:37:18 am by Benedict Hardy »
Pages: 1 [2]