Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: World War Z (Turn 3) (No longer taking players)  (Read 14722 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: World War Z (Turn 3) (No longer taking players)
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2011, 07:41:09 pm »

Then you are wrong on so many levels. Look into some real statistics, Perhaps some of USA's great many and often dick acts would be great place to start.

You must've missed the part where they're making mecha.
LOLWUT?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2011, 07:44:45 pm »

sorry they are only restricted in their constitution, my bad.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2011, 07:51:11 pm »

Japan has a large fleet on paper, destroyers and cruisers. Compared to most of the world, it's actually very considerable. Compared to the US Navy it's literally nothing. One super carrier is enough to control Japanese airspace, we're looking at six of them here, besides two squadrons of AF Eagles in Okinawa, as well as Orion, and all the other shit around there. 

Most of Japan's air defense is provided by US Patriot missiles. They've got a few Aegis compatible destroyers, but nothing like enough. I've got the Marine Expeditionary Unit sitting in Korea ready to move, as well as the not insignificant number of troops in all the US bases in Japan.

This assumes that anyone in Japan is willing to fight, considering is obviously a hopeless battle to support a regime that's going against the very very very very major cultural aversion to nuclear weapons.

We're looking at Japan's air force and air defense assets being dead in a few hours, maybe with some surviving on the ground for the time it takes State based B2's and B52's to level them. Remember, Japan doesn't have space for secret airfields, and the ones that they do have were at least half built by American hands.

Legally, Japan isn't allowed offensive military forces, which is a really iffy term at best.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2011, 07:56:13 pm »

Of course, this'll give china a casus belli on america, considering the US already has one base nearby, I don't think they'll want another 2-3 (May include Taiwan) US bases in the region.

Also, they could be making them for you...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2011, 08:10:20 pm »

That's very true. However, from Pres. Strife's view (and my own) the risk of war with China is  much less than the risk of a Japan that's acting crazily and getting a nuclear program as well as mechas.
All things considered, giving China their casus belli is fine, while they've got their own great big army (that's to the point where an armor division might risk running out of rounds before foes) they have terrible force projection. What are they going to invade? If they want to go for Taiwan, they can try, but that's going to be bloody and take time. Honestly, at this point, the US doesn't care all that much for Taiwan. Same for S Korea, as they've got to get through N Korea (in all their horrid infastructured glory) before meeting the Indian-head division. About all China could do would be to cut off trade with the US, which would hurt both of us somewhat badly, but certainly China worse than the US, besides the fact that it'd immediately promote homegrown US industry (and play perfectly into the Difficult Deal, actually).

Yeah, China could take Mongolia or India or something like that without triggering an immediate US response, can they directly hurt any real US interests before I can respond? Nope.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2011, 08:30:19 pm »

The one problem I see in that plan is supply lines. Considering that the closest US-friendly nation is South Korea, and they're fairly isolated (And considering their neighbors...), this could end up quite disastrous.

And not to mention that Japan isn't making nukes...

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2011, 08:50:56 pm »

Wow, wow, Strife, if you are friendly we'll give you some REXs too!
And hey, REX is for defense. One railgun bullet can take out a entire battleship full of those goddamn commies. *wink wink*
And Taricus, in honor of your noble actions, we shall share our research with you.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:55:36 pm by Geen »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2011, 08:58:55 pm »

Why thank you. For that, we'll actually sell the uranium to you.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2011, 08:59:50 pm »

Do you want me to send in SBU agent Major Degtyarev as a stand in for Solid Snake?

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2011, 09:00:48 pm »

Why thank you, friends. It's only a mere defense weapon. How the f*ck do you expect me to ship it to other countries?!
And phantom, I offer you an alliance, there is no reason why we shouldn't share our research.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2011, 09:03:13 pm »

You know, I'm surprised everyone forgot about that.

Still, stop coming down here for the whales...

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2011, 09:30:01 pm »

Okay...
EDIT: WE SHALL START AN AUSTRALIAN WHALE PROTECTION PROGRAM!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:38:56 pm by Geen »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2011, 12:58:04 am »

The one problem I see in that plan is supply lines. Considering that the closest US-friendly nation is South Korea, and they're fairly isolated (And considering their neighbors...), this could end up quite disastrous.

And not to mention that Japan isn't making nukes...

What supplies would I need? A nuclear Navy doesn't need to visit port very often, plus the fact that I can run supplies across the Pacific unimpeded, or fly them (and then land in any of the big Korean or Japanese bases).

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2011, 01:15:26 am »

• Produce more disease-immune crops and livestock in preparation.
  • Prepare research into easily constructed but tough plastics. (Project Castillo)
  • Prepare research into full-body armour. (Project Caballerio)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2011, 03:09:29 am »

thank god i began projects for vaults.
now, when world war 3 will start, all italians will survive thanks to the vaults.
and then, when fallout 3 kicks in, we will emerge from vaults and conquer the, now empty, except for supermutants and radghouls, world.
and people said italians were good just for pasta. >.>
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17