Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: World War Z (Turn 3) (No longer taking players)  (Read 14738 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: World War Z (Turn 3)
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2011, 12:43:53 am »

I think I'll join in on this as Madagascar Saudi Arabia

1st Turn:

In response to the chance of a global pandemic, curtail exports of oil and begin stockpiling.

Discuss with the Chinese the symptoms of the disease, so that it may be stopped before entering the country.

Begin preparations to increase border patrol and security.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2011, 12:47:33 am »

Heck, if I find out about Japan, I immediately deploy a third of the pacific fleet to fully blockade the home islands. More than enough planes to do it, and Japan doesn't have a fleet to speak of. I also reinforce the heck out of the base in Okinawa and demand immediate dissolution of the Diet in preparation for new elections.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2011, 01:57:11 am »

sunowa, send in hinds to take down zombies in russia together with kill teams to mop em up thank god practically noone lives there.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2011, 02:35:57 am »

Could I join in please? In control of Belgium? It's unlikely they'll come through Belgium so I should be safe.

Belgium turn:
Send a delegation to the European countries attempting to set up a research network and sadpuppyfacedly ask them why I wasn't invited.

In an attempt to reunify the country under an effective government with a strong national identity, implement a program of pride in our past and in our many historic castles.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2011, 03:37:45 am »

italians having the vesuvio, we gladly export to canada the obsidian in exchange for CASH.
WE ALL LOVE CASH.
CASH MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND.
we join the EFA.
and we begin
Project BLACKJACK
Security level: Extreme
Objective: maximum earnings, minimum problems.
Modus operandi: to share research, we grab a couple of italian smart scientists, but not geniuses, and send them as "our share" to contribute to everyone research. If they find something smart, they send it to us. If they find something silly, they share it with everyone. (oh my god! a cup which heats TEA! have to share it!) (oh god cold fusion!!! Bring it to italy) obviously in extreme secret. >.>
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2011, 11:39:09 am »

Disguise REX as a defense weapon for shooting down incoming missiles.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2011, 12:37:44 pm »

SCOTLAND

Increase in Anti-British Films in TV. Like Braveheart, Zulu, Donagall(orwhateverthatfilmsnamewas)
    Project: Back to the Olden Days: an public project trying to rebuild Hadrian's Wall.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2011, 12:48:18 pm »

When the hell was Zulu Anti-British? All I remember was welshmen fighting the Zulu. And realistically, the Scottish were pretty much asking the Brtish to invade.

Also, why is Geen trying to reenact Metal Gear Solid 1? I mean, he could have always reenacted Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2011, 01:08:57 pm »

Well it shows the imperialistic Behaviour of the British during the 18th and 19 century.  ;) ((the whole order was more or less a joke...no offense intended))

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2011, 01:44:58 pm »

Because REX is cooler than Metal Gear D. Also, why WOULDN'T I want nuclear-armed mechs during the zed apocalypse. Also, Metal Gear Solid had the best boss fight ever, Psycho Mantis. Also, the AI in metal gear 2: solid snake was absolutely retarded, I once managed to "hide" from an enemy attacking me by running in circles around him.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 01:55:21 pm by Geen »

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2011, 02:11:57 pm »

If possible, I would like to join as North Korea.

Spread propaganda that the outbreak in China is much worse than it is, use this as an excuse to close all borders completely, to keep out filthy capitalist influences

Double spending on the nuclear program, with the blessing of our Dear Leader

Stockpile huge amounts of weapons, ammunition and other military supplies

Create a tight quarantine zone around the level 1 outbreak, and do not let anyone in or out of the area
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:51:34 pm by Azkul »
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2011, 02:21:07 pm »

Eh, Metal Gear 2 wasn't THAT bad.

Aaannyway, time to REENACT Metal Gear, in JAPAN.

EDIT: I urge all bases near the Belorussian border to stay alert.

I then send a few more SBU agents to oversee containment of the outbreaks, with them a platoon of troops.

...I also send a few SBU agents over to Australia, due to the rather heated political climate.

And finally, I airdrop our best SBU agents in Japan to take down REX, in a reenactment of Metal Gear Solid 1. Included in our best agents is Major Degtyarev. Scratch that, send a diplomatic union over there due to suspicion from increased militarization in this area of the world. And send a representative to check on South Korea's alertness.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 02:41:58 pm by Phantom »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2011, 02:27:49 pm »

I have a feeling that some things are going to get F.U.B.A.R. this turn.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2011, 02:33:51 pm »

you mean the world market is going to collapse from all teh expensive nonsense projects?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2011, 02:35:23 pm »

you mean the world market is going to collapse from all teh expensive nonsense projects?

nah, ITALY GOT THAT COVERED!
*swimming in the money all day long!*
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17